• Medium size Joe's....
    • Big Mac meal .......
    • Diego_Sideburn's .....
    • or simply .... blue, blue barmy army

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sang BFJ when he was manager of Oldham in the 90s and sung BFJ at Ipswich in the noughties. I will continue to sing it as long as he is here. Well I’m sure we will sound like a right set of idiots singing different words to the same song

Solution...lets stay silent for 90 minutes until we can figure it out

I vote medium size joes…

Sang BFJ when he was manager of Oldham in the 90s and sung BFJ at Ipswich in the noughties. I will continue to sing it as long as he is here. Well I’m sure we will sound like a right set of idiots singing different words to the same song

Solution...lets stay silent for 90 minutes until we can figure it out

I vote medium size joes…

i was just wondering why we need a poll for this.

why not just a sing off? :latics:

i was just wondering why we need a poll for this.

why not just a sing off? :latics:

The Poll is asking what comes first and the answer is it depends which version you're singing. Historically Joe Royle's Blue and White Army came first followed by Big Fat Joe's Barmy Army

The duscussion is about whether Big Fat Joes's Barmy Army was ever sung at BP, which it was.

The Poll is asking what comes first and the answer is it depends which version you're singing. Historically Joe Royle's Blue and White Army came first followed by Big Fat Joe's Barmy Army

The duscussion is about whether Big Fat Joes's Barmy Army was ever sung at BP, which it was.

:lol:

i understand what constitutes a poll and the idea behind this one.

just think a "sing off" would make a shxtload more noise! :grin:

:lol:

i understand what constitutes a poll and the idea behind this one.

just think a "sing off" would make a shxtload more noise! :grin:

I realise what you're saying and agree with you.

I was just trying to use your post to point out that the poll was meaningless.

sorry diego, i'm a bit slow, it's bloody 4am!!

Started as JR Blue and white army but changed to BFJ.

I seem to remember the man himself saying that he didn't like the BFJ chant. To be fair that stuck in my mind. Its not pleasant is it?

The discussion is about which is best. Both were sung, as I freely admit. My point was that Joe Royle's Blue and White Army was first, and Big Fat Joe's Barmy Army was second. The latter is inferior, and not just because it came second. It is inferior because it was "invented" by people who, for whatever educational reason, couldn't work out the words to the first one, and so either copied a Villa song or decided just anyhow to throw an insult the way of our best ever manager.

I realise what you're saying and agree with you.

I was just trying to use your post to point out that the poll was meaningless.

Does nobody else remember the "Blue! Blue! Barmy Army!" version sang at Wembley 94 until the last 13 seconds...??

If they do it should be added to the poll... :grin:

Does nobody else remember the "Blue! Blue! Barmy Army!" version sang at Wembley 94 until the last 13 seconds...??

If they do it should be added to the poll... :grin:

I'd completely forgotten that one. It's a good chant, bit like Blackpool's Seasiders one.

Perhaps that why he left.

:blink:

Silly alert :grin:

I think the lure of managing the club he has supported as a boy and having achieved about as much as you could do as a manager of a small club like us might of had something to do it... Just guessing like...

Edited by oafc0000

I remember singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' repeatedly until Mark Hughes spoiled the party!

True, Terry, so true... Being a pessimist, I was waiting til the final whistle to sing that one.

By the way, are you allowed to mention THAT name on here or is it THAT goal that's not allowed? :disappointed:

This is the problem: some people feel that the people who chant, "Big Fat Joe's Barmy Army" are simply Johnny Come Latelys, or upstarts, because they chant that now thinking that people used to chant it back in the day. Back in the day, people chanted, "Joe Royle's Blue and White Army" for about half an hour of every match.

Here's another reason why not to sing "Big Fat Joe's Barmy Army." Supposing someone I do not know especially well is on the large side, if you will. Do I go up to him or her and say, "All right fatso" in an affectionate sense, or do I just say "Hello"? Why can't we just have "Joe Royle's Blue and White Army" just in case he doesn't like "Big Fat Joe"?

I should not have had to write that second paragraph, but some people just can't get to the right answer by themselves.

I watched Joe's first league match in charge so no exactly johnny come lately AND I sang BFJ Barmy Army - I am sure he has heard a lot worserer.

Well as the bugger who started this thread I thought i'd chip back in. Last night at cheltenham we had both versions and I reckn the Joe Ryle version won.

Mind you it was very small numbers!!

Well as the bugger who started this thread I thought i'd chip back in. Last night at cheltenham we had both versions and I reckn the Joe Ryle version won.

Mind you it was very small numbers!!

Now where i was sat which was near the front BFJ was definitly being sung more, until they scored that is.