Car REG Plates

Just curious here....

I bought a plate recently for my car which, bearing in mind I didnt pay much for, I am really chuffed with

its is OL04HAM :grin:

Now.....back a good while I was a Sales Exec with Lookers Peugeot on Huddersfield Road and There were a few new motors I needed to shift..Bearing in mind that were in a cup final and one other Semi Final I could not believe my luck when I went to the vehicle tax office and was given by pure fluke a batch of numbers to register new cars with...

They were:

H10 AFC ( HI 0AFC Just how good does it have to be !!)

H20 AFC

H30 AFC

H40 AFC

H50 AFC

H60 AFC

H70 AFC

H80 AFC

H90 AFC

When I was looking for a plate I naturally checked on the sites to see if H10 AFC was available, hoping by chance the car had been scrapped along with the plate - By someone who didnt realise its possible value. No such luck

Im curious to know if anyone knows where these plates ended up or if anyone has car registrations with an Oldham connection

Edited by IsleOfWightBlue

Just curious here....

I bought a plate recently for my car which, bearing in mind I didnt pay much for, I am really chuffed with

Now.....back a good while I was a Sales Exec with Lookers Peugeot on Huddersfield Road and There were a few new motors I needed to shift..Bearing in mind that were in a cup final and one other Semi Final I could not believe my luck when I went to the vehicle tax office and was given by pure fluke a batch of numbers to register new cars with...

They were:

H20 AFC

H30 AFC

H40 AFC

H50 AFC

H60 AFC

H70 AFC

H80 AFC

H90 AFC

When I was looking for a plate I naturally checked on the sites to see if H10 AFC was available, hoping by chance the car had been scrapped along with the plate - By someone who didnt realise its possible value. No such luck

Im curious to know if anyone knows where these plates ended up or if anyone has car registrations with an Oldham connection

I did look into getting a plate similar to that a couple of years back but decided that getting fined £30 every time I passed

a police car wasn't worth the hassle....

LAT1C5? How is that legal? I have seen LAT1C around at BP though.

My GF bought me R80AFC a few years ago and we still have it on the car - though its now spaced legally as the plod pulled us over and we have to drive past the local station ever day.

I have a private plate with my name on and a tics badge with keep the faith written under it. Got pulled, got fined, still kept the plate. I know, I know i'm a cock, but I paid £50 to have the plate made and i'm a reet tight git!

Is that aimed at me footy? Cos on my pc ive still got me n stich on my avatar!! If it was, then apparently its cos u can only have a country of origin badge, cant have any writing under the numbers (ive got since 1972) and i failed to have the postcode of the place that made the plate on there - although i really dont see what difference that would make. Oh and, although the letters are the correct font and size, they are in a 3d effect and that will just blow a hole in the ozone layer or something..............

All in all 4 faults and i thought it was legal!!!! Its not like ive tried to make it look like it says something that it doesnt or alter letters or positioning. Just think the copper was a Manure fan.

Ok, ok, i'll get off the soapbox........

funnily enough, in my small town (pop 8,500) in Kent there is an A1TIC (or very similar)

I doubt there is another Tic, so am assuming he is an Wigan fan. Never spoken to him, just seen the car go past a couple of times.

Edited by singe

Rebooted and its changed now. Yeah your right, rules are :censored:e. Maybe if i drove a crappy old car that looks like its ramraided a carbon fibre factory i would have gotten away with it (pesky kids....). Maybe the copper was just jealous!!!!!!

Just curious here....

They were:

H20 AFC

H30 AFC

H40 AFC

H50 AFC

H60 AFC

H70 AFC

H80 AFC

H90 AFC

Just curious here....

They were:

H20 AFC

H30 AFC

H40 AFC

H50 AFC

H60 AFC

H70 AFC

H80 AFC

H90 AFC

good evening...traveling on the m62 the other day a super dooper top of the range sports car whizzed past me it had the registration..guilty..was it an ex con or a very richperson who likes speed cameras :grin:

LAT1C5? How is that legal? I have seen LAT1C around at BP though.

My GF bought me R80AFC a few years ago and we still have it on the car - though its now spaced legally as the plod pulled us over and we have to drive past the local station ever day.

LAT1C was what the club missed out on buying at an auction in preston over 10 years ago...... our rep got held up in traffic on the way there, and some dodgy second hand dealer from oldham got there first and ended up paying only 2000 quid for it !!!!

how truly brill would that have looked on the front and rear of the team coach.

Can't see why anyone would want a Vanity plate, latics related or not.

I didnt buy it for vanity? I bought it cos I live in an area where there are few if any latics fans.. The car has latics mats, the transparent crest in the back window plus mini scarves, tax disc holder and I am sad enough to be ordering the cushions for the back seats. If the shop ever starts selling wheel trims with the crest on then they will be going on too.

Good to see H10 AFC is on a car though - As I said, I sold all new Peugeots from H10 AFC to H90 AFC at Lookers Huddersfield Road. Good memories working there. Mike Doherty was the Dealer Principal there and an avid Man City fan, he was a good boss allowing me time out to watch almost all the games the season we got promoted. I was involved with a lot of sponsorship at latics, got the use of the VIP car park, players lounge etc, it will be a year that I will never forget I think I missed about 2 games home and away that season

Edited by IsleOfWightBlue

good evening...traveling on the m62 the other day a super dooper top of the range sports car whizzed past me it had the registration..guilty..was it an ex con or a very richperson who likes speed cameras :grin:

A Blackpool-bound Lee Hughes?

Is that aimed at me footy? Cos on my pc ive still got me n stich on my avatar!! If it was, then apparently its cos u can only have a country of origin badge, cant have any writing under the numbers (ive got since 1972) and i failed to have the postcode of the place that made the plate on there - although i really dont see what difference that would make. Oh and, although the letters are the correct font and size, they are in a 3d effect and that will just blow a hole in the ozone layer or something..............

All in all 4 faults and i thought it was legal!!!! Its not like ive tried to make it look like it says something that it doesnt or alter letters or positioning. Just think the copper was a Manure fan.

Ok, ok, i'll get off the soapbox........

When I got pulled (on a dark and snowy M62 near Scammonden Dam in December (HOW dangerous is that?) :ranting: ) the Sheep-Pigs told me that as my reg plate read R11CK W rather than R11 CKW I was clearloy trying to avoid detection from speed cameras and ANPR. It is a complete joke - not forgettting where the money comes from to pay for their nice Volvo estate, training, tea, coffe, buscuits, wages and pension - yes, our friggin income tax.

I drive around 40,000 miles a year and see some terrible driving standards (some of them by Police cars), yet I get threatened that I may have my right to display the rteg number I bought from DVLA taken off me if I continue to display it "illegally". How can the DVLA (also paid for by us tax payers by the way) sell me my number plate and happily take my money knowing what my name is and that I am therefore likely to slightly mis-space the letters and then instruct the police thqat this is illegal?

It is a joke. I reckon you'd get less hassle for not displaying ANY number plates and just saying "They must have fallen off today, because they were there this morning".

:rant.sml: