• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best performance for a long time, did not deserve to be on the losing team.

The first goal was down to him! Made 3 cock-ups to clear before lumping it unconvincingly for a throw-in. He was average tbh, second half let alot of balls bounce (first rule of defending!), however he was probably not 100% and you could see near the end he was feeling his knock he was carrying.

Guest sheridans_world

Dont agree with that. He was shown to be slow and off the pace today.

He made some good moves but he stumbled over his own feet a few times....

The first goal was down to him! Made 3 cock-ups to clear before lumping it unconvincingly for a throw-in. He was average tbh, second half let alot of balls bounce (first rule of defending!), however he was probably not 100% and you could see near the end he was feeling his knock he was carrying.

the first goal was not his fault, you can blame eardley or hazell, but the ball by-passed gregan towards the back post.

i thought he won every header and stopped mclean from being a threat

agree

he was good in parts but poor in others.... Allowing a player to turn him is a school boy error he shouldnt be making

Gregan at fault for the 1st (but to be fair it was a defence error)

Eardley WTF for the second

Neal borrow Windass's bike a cycle somewhere please !!!!!!!!!

I`m on about him making a hash of 3 attempts to clear the ball, and then just lumping it out for a throw in which they then scored from!

i will have to take you word for that i cant recall, will watch LW

he also bailed out everyones favourite centre back in the first half aswell

agree

he was good in parts but poor in others.... Allowing a player to turn him is a school boy error he shouldnt be making

Gregan at fault for the 1st (but to be fair it was a defence error)

Neal borrow Windass's bike a cycle somewhere please !!!!!!!!!

maybe that was supples mistake

Eardley wasnt blameless, however the keeper takes responsibility there imo. He can see the whole picture whereas Eardley had his back to the opposing player etc, Supple said nothing but rushed out and got nowhere near the ball, if your going to come you commit and take everyone out and get the ball.

Maybe we should have a light bulb fitted on top of Hazell's head and then it would be easier to see how often he switches off. It would be like watching a lighthouse.

Eardley wasnt blameless, however the keeper takes responsibility there imo. He can see the whole picture whereas Eardley had his back to the opposing player etc, Supple said nothing but rushed out and got nowhere near the ball, if your going to come you commit and take everyone out and get the ball.

thats exactly how i seen it. keeper error.

i will have to take you word for that i cant recall, will watch LW

He had to bail out Hazell several times, i'm as big a fan of hazell as anyone but he's been crap since he signed a new contract. Thought Gregan had a great game again today but you can't expect one player to carry the back four for 90 minutes.

best of our players [gregan] taylor a close second .

Hmmm... Have to disagree, thought both himself and Hazell were poor today. The only one of the back 4 to emerge with any credit was Jones.

i thought jones was way off the pace at times today....its amazing the different views people come away with.

Thought Gregan was 7 out of 10 yesterday, still much better than Hazell. He's been 9 mostly recently, immense on occasions, a proper captain. Joe sees that too.

More importantly he now makes a point of clapping the RRE after home games, yersterday saw a good response from the crowd as they knew that the lads, and particularly Greegs, had put a good shift in.

Edited by Delfer

I`m on about him making a hash of 3 attempts to clear the ball, and then just lumping it out for a throw in which they then scored from!

So he did clear the ball then, and put it out for a throw in? You make it sound as if he had failed to put it out and given it to their player on a plate. You can rewind a goal back as far as you want if you are determined to place the blame on someone.

So he did clear the ball then, and put it out for a throw in? You make it sound as if he had failed to put it out and given it to their player on a plate. You can rewind a goal back as far as you want if you are determined to place the blame on someone.

exactly. gregan did his job and was let down by the rest of the defence. hazell has been awful 2nd half of the season and shud av been dropped long ago. greagan has been outstanding of late

well ive watched LW and how he can be blamed for either goal is beyond me, he clears the danger first time around (dont care how many times it took him, he got it away) and his teammates didnt react to the 2nd phase of play.

MOM all the way

It's amazing how split the fans are over his performance yesterday...for me, I couldn't agree more with the above comments!!! And it's concluded a few thoughts for me in my mind...

While talking about Player of the season, I've had Gregan suggested to me and I personally have felt Hazell possibly. Yet if we look at it, Posh had about 4 or 5 clear headers in our box yesterday. We also let in 2 goals ( identical ones from this season elsewhere) and I really do wonder if we're being blinded about our defence. Really...it's utter :censored: at times and maybe we need to stick a line through most names...

Eardley - struggled this season without the RW situation being sorted all season, had no protection from it when we've been stuck under pressure...not Neals fault that, but he's also had a bad season by the silly mistakes he's done too

Gregan - not as commanding as people really believe...and will only go the Liddell way next season

Jones - never is and never ever has been a LB...only good in a chasing back, last ditch tackle...he's a LW

Stam - do like Stam, but can have lapses. Would still keep him as back up.

Hazell - Think we'dve been :censored:ed this season without him and is the only 1 true contender to be in my back line choice next season

We can't praise our defence as high as we have been doing when you look at the endless list of goals and games we've gifted this season.

PS Would like to echo that comment about Hazell post-contract signing...said that several times last night. A shadow of the player he's been since that Yeovil away game. But not for half a season, like some Gregan-lover has suggested above.

Edited by boundaryblue80