Supple/Fleming

kellys_discopants

Your Choice of Keeper  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Supple or Fleming?

• Supple
    • Fleming

Actually, it's not...I've got mates who play in a football league where the ref will book you for shouting "mine"!!! Don't know what the logic is behind it and I couldn't believe it when I was 1st told...but it's very true apparently!

There are 22 mines on a pitch.......that's why people shout 'get a name on it'

Actually, it's not...I've got mates who play in a football league where the ref will book you for shouting "mine"!!! Don't know what the logic is behind it and I couldn't believe it when I was 1st told...but it's very true apparently!

"mine", "leave it", will or should?!?! end with the player shouting this, giving away an indirect free kick........Unless Harold Rennie (legendary) was still around.... :grin:

Seriously? Sorry but Jones is utterly overhyped. The sooner the lad admits he's a LW and wants to actually play there (not half arsed attempts like at Cheltenham away in the cup etc.) the better for the lads career. Jones is 100% NOT a better LB than Golbourne. Or possibly even Lomax who at the start of the season was unbeatable in the 1st 6 games. Bizarrely, then Shez :censored:ed him off for a guy who stepped off a coach from Wolves at 6pm to play him vs Stockport at 7.45pm. Our defence was never the same again since!

I think there was some debate between Jones and McCarthy over what position he was. I think Jones preferred the wing and McCarthy believed he was a left back. He was sent here as a left back. We've taken him on loan twice in that role and Royle decided to pick him over Golbourne too.

I don't think Lomax is the answer to the problem on the left. He's been done in games just as many times as Jones has.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7984554.stm

:)

This kind of add weight to what BB80 is saying :)

The Chorlton Villa player got a yellow card for the noise which was classed as "ungentlemanly conduct".

Edited by oafc0000

"mine", "leave it", will or should?!?! end with the player shouting this, giving away an indirect free kick........Unless Harold Rennie (legendary) was still around.... :grin:

Christ, that name sent a shiver up my spine. I remember him finishing a Sunday league final extra time session early because he wanted to go home for his tea!

That said, it's the laws of the game that prevent a shout of mine, or man on - it must be a name as well. And it can be penalised with ungenltemeny conduct. it's amazing how many herberts on here know cock all about the laws.

Christ, that name sent a shiver up my spine. I remember him finishing a Sunday league final extra time session early because he wanted to go home for his tea!

That said, it's the laws of the game that prevent a shout of mine, or man on - it must be a name as well. And it can be penalised with ungenltemeny conduct. it's amazing how many herberts on here know cock all about the laws. and the game in general......

I remember Rennie one game playing up at Grains bar..(blody cowd up there..) and he popped his head over the fence to ask the sheep in the neighbouring field if they thought wether he should've given a free kick or not..... :grin:

as for 'man on', i thought you are allowed to shout that, but mine is a definate no no.......

That said, it's the laws of the game that prevent a shout of mine, or man on - it must be a name as well. And it can be penalised with ungenltemeny conduct. it's amazing how many herberts on here know cock all about the laws.

Hear hear! Or herberts at matches!!

However there's no such thing as "ungentlemanly conduct" anymore - it's "unsporting behaviour." Mustn't have anything that's gender specific!!

Hear hear! Or herberts at matches!!

However there's no such thing as "ungentlemanly conduct" anymore - it's "unsporting behaviour." Mustn't have anything that's gender specific!!

Thanks! Not that I spelt it correctly anyway! And to think when I did my coaching badge it included a referees exam!

So does this mean that it isn't ungentlemanly to describe someone's mother/wife as a slag so long as you make it clear whose mother/wife you are referring to? The one that always gets me is how many people don't know that there is no offside from a throw in, despite the many examples of Challinor, Delap etc taking full advantage of it.

So does this mean that it isn't ungentlemanly to describe someone's mother/wife as a slag so long as you make it clear whose mother/wife you are referring to? The one that always gets me is how many people don't know that there is no offside from a throw in, despite the many examples of Challinor, Delap etc taking full advantage of it.

Now that's what I call mixing it!

I think there was some debate between Jones and McCarthy over what position he was. I think Jones preferred the wing and McCarthy believed he was a left back. He was sent here as a left back. We've taken him on loan twice in that role and Royle decided to pick him over Golbourne too.

I don't think Lomax is the answer to the problem on the left. He's been done in games just as many times as Jones has.

You're right about there being a debate, apart from one crucial thing...you've got it the wrong way round!

http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/10/02/w...or-loan-winger/

See comment no.42

Edited by boundaryblue80

You're right about there being a debate, apart from one crucial thing...you've got it the wrong way round!

http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/10/02/w...or-loan-winger/

See comment no.42

So I got it arse about face.

OK so Jones himself seems to prefer playing left back. Despite his managers claims he seems pretty keen to prove he is a left back. If he wanted to admit to being a left winger surely he would, if he was it'd make things a lot easier for him. Chances are he wouldn't have come close to joining us as a left winger but I doubt he'd have much trouble getting a loan spell with another club at this level as he did with Northampton last season.

So I got it arse about face.

OK so Jones himself seems to prefer playing left back. Despite his managers claims he seems pretty keen to prove he is a left back. If he wanted to admit to being a left winger surely he would, if he was it'd make things a lot easier for him. Chances are he wouldn't have come close to joining us as a left winger but I doubt he'd have much trouble getting a loan spell with another club at this level as he did with Northampton last season.

Can't disagree with that but to see the 2 ends of the spectrum with him...his complete lack of interest (it seemed) at Cheltenham away (cup) to play the LW role, forcing Shez to switch it back to Taylor LW and Jones LB compared to MK Dons...where he was constantly bullied and beaten at LB but then ventures down the LW and puts in a perfect cross for a goal...just frustrating that he's not prepared to give himself a chance. The old, lead a horse to water scenario I'm afraid.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Can't disagree with that but to see the 2 ends of the spectrum with him...his complete lack of interest (it seemed) at Cheltenham away (cup) to play the LW role, forcing Shez to switch it back to Taylor LW and Jones LB compared to MK Dons...where he was constantly bullied and beaten at LB but then ventures down the LW and puts in a perfect cross for a goal...just frustrating that he's not prepared to give himself a chance. The old, lead a horse to water scenario I'm afraid.

Jones COULD make a very effective full back.....Jones WON'T make an effective winger....

It does seem to be a bit of that.

As for Cheltenham, does anything go right when we go to that hole.

Jones COULD make a very effective full back.....Jones WON'T make an effective winger....

Not what Mick Mccarthy thinks...nor myself. The evidence doesn't even suggest that either. Not trying to do any "one up" here, but were you at MK Scum? If so, there's no way you can use that sentence. Only 2 things he did was look completely incompetent in defence (and got Gregan booked at one point) and put in a brilliant cross...something he's got in his locker. Standing off his opposing man at LB and being ran at and pulled all over are other things he's got in his locker. Plus the "last ditch tackle"...his overall game is poor in defence yet very threatening when on the attack. How you can say he "WON'T" make an effective winger puzzles me.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Not what Mick Mccarthy thinks...nor myself. The evidence doesn't even suggest that either. Not trying to do any "one up" here, but were you at MK Scum? If so, there's no way you can use that sentence. Only 2 things he did was look completely incompetent in defence (and got Gregan booked at one point) and put in a brilliant cross...something he's got in his locker. Standing off his opposing man at LB and being ran at and pulled all over are other things he's got in his locker. Plus the "last ditch tackle"...his overall game is poor in defence yet very threatening when on the attack. How you can say he "WON'T" make an effective winger puzzles me.

I know what you are saying Ross and to a certain extent, i agree with his strengths and weakness' however, he has looked dangerous to me when being able to 'attack' from a deeper position - fullback. Yes, he can cross a ball, but I would like to think that the majority of 'able' full backs should and can 'cross' a ball. The standing off the opposition is a weakness in his game that will improve the more he plays in that position.

I just think that he is suited more to an 'attack minded' full back - than an out and out winger. On the wing, he will be closed down far quicker than when he runs from deeper as a fullback and i'm not sure he is 'quick thinking enough' to recieve the ball under pressure from a full back/defender and 'go' at them.

his strengths are his 'strength' and speed whilst already moving - he is not particularly quick off the mark.

Where you say he is weak being 'ran at' indicates this - he can recover quickly enough, but that is not really useful out on the wing.

Albeit quite a few years ago, playing at a 'reasonable' standard as a full back and trying from time to time as a winger, I really can only see Jones developing into a very effective attacking full back, offering the side another attacking dimension, more useful from deep.

I guess only time will tell pal.

Article on Big Norm on Fishul, Joe states, "i've brought Shane up here to play, and he will be the 1st choice for the rest of the season if fit."

So, regardless of the preference on here for Fleming (myslef included) Joe wants Supple.

Strange one.

Back to the subject at hand, Joe has said Supple will play every game for the rest of the season if fit.

Which is an odd statement, bearing in mind he's not even here to the end of the season.