Anyone else think he did rather well upfront today? Started off on the left of a front 3 and did ok, but come the 2nd half he was moved as the main man upfront and did really well, won afew headers and give us some movement.

Must say i was disapointed with Lewi, thought he didnt look interested at all, and seemed to want to spend more time on the ball than chasing and looking for the ball. Wolfy did well when he came on, actually looked interested!

Anyone else think he did rather well upfront today? Started off on the left of a front 3 and did ok, but come the 2nd half he was moved as the main man upfront and did really well, won afew headers and give us some movement.

Must say i was disapointed with Lewi, thought he didnt look interested at all, and seemed to want to spend more time on the ball than chasing and looking for the ball. Wolfy did well when he came on, actually looked interested!

Lewis was, as usual, too interested in falling on his arse for most of the game. I don't quite understand why so many on here rate him as the great white hope.

Indeed, did more in the 15 mins he was on than Alessandra did in 75.

Indeed, did more in the 15 mins he was on than Alessandra did in 75.

Taylor did very well upfront was a real menace pity he mis kicked inside the box but had a very good 2nd half.

Alessandra is mega over rated on here but he had very little to work with today - the way he plays just isnt suited to his physical stature its stange. He did put away his "goal" well.

Wolfy didnt do too much for me - .again not much service

Taylor did very well upfront was a real menace pity he mis kicked inside the box but had a very good 2nd half.

Alessandra is mega over rated on here but he had very little to work with today - the way he plays just isnt suited to his physical stature its stange. He did put away his "goal" well.

Wolfy didnt do too much for me - .again not much service

Wolfy didnt do much with the ball, however in the 15/20 mins he was on he actually put some effort in, unlike Lewi who looked like he couldnt be bothered tbh.

Lewis was, as usual, too interested in falling on his arse for most of the game. I don't quite understand why so many on here rate him as the great white hope.

Don't worry, it will be Dale Stephens next for that position. Then Lee, then Ferreira, then that kid who scored for the youth, then back to Lewi..............................etc etc

Must say i was disapointed with Lewi, thought he didnt look interested at all, and seemed to want to spend more time on the ball than chasing and looking for the ball.

He was muscled out of it first half. He's not right to lead the line, but was all we had today. Much better in behind the main striker.

Thought he took the goal superbly. Didn't think it was a foul by LA - he was blocked off by the defender. If the ref thought LA committed a foul, the defender's offence was first so it should have been our free kick (and a red card).

Interesting, Joe has said that he believes that up front may be Chrissy T's best position. :mmm::idea:
Hmmmm. He had a decent game but he still didn't look at his best (hasn't for a while now) and his shots on goal didn't look like those of a natural striker. His biggest strength's his pace on the ball and i can't see how he can put that to better use as a striker than as a winger.

Wolfenden had a good game when he came on,as people have said at least he looked up for it, but it can't be a good thing that the main thought going through my head after he's had a run at goal is "aw,bless 'im,God loves a trier".

Hmmmm. He had a decent game but he still didn't look at his best (hasn't for a while now) and his shots on goal didn't look like those of a natural striker. His biggest strength's his pace on the ball and i can't see how he can put that to better use as a striker than as a winger.

Think Taylor would suit a role feeding off a big centre forward may-be Joe has thought along the same lines for next season

I must be watching a different team.

I agree mate I thought Lewis played well, when you play it to his feet he is brilliant but some of the people on here dont understand if you hit the ball to him 60 feet in the air against a 6ft centre half he aint going to win it and anyone who thinks Wolvenden is a better footballer than him is a moron.

I agree mate I thought Lewis played well, when you play it to his feet he is brilliant but some of the people on here dont understand if you hit the ball to him 60 feet in the air against a 6ft centre half he aint going to win it and anyone who thinks Wolvenden is a better footballer than him is a moron.

Falling over all the time has nothing to do with hitting a ball high or low. Today he looked un-interested, lathargic and way off the pace! Wolfy came on and looked lively and chased balls.

And calling people a moron who disagree with your view :lol: sign of real intelligence!

Falling over all the time has nothing to do with hitting a ball high or low. Today he looked un-interested, lathargic and way off the pace! Wolfy came on and looked lively and chased balls.

And calling people a moron who disagree with your view :lol: sign of real intelligence!

The majority of our best performances this season have been when Alessandra has played from the start, Leeds away, Scunthorpe at home etc...

I agree that I should not have said that anyone who thinks that Matty Wolvenden is a better footballer than Lewis Alessandra is a moron but I believe Lewis is far more talented.

He didn't fall over, he got knocked over on numerous occasions by their very strong centre halfs. This had everything to do with our lot hoofing it up to him and asking him to win headers, which is plainly stupid.

He needs to toughen up if he's going to play the lone striker, no doubt about that, but it's obvious he's best in behind the front man linking with the midfield.

But if you've had half a dozen long balls punted 2 feet above your head, when your strengths are on the floor and you know you're going to get another battering from behind, how the hell would you feel?

I didn't think he look uninterested. Banal long balls to a 5'9" striker up against bigger centre halfs suggests those playing the balls are less interested.

Second half we got it on the ground more and looked a much better team for it. Using LA more intelligently was part of that.

As for Taylor - top class display, bar the miss.

Edited by opinions4u

Did anyone notice how Ruben Hazell held the ball up well with his back goal when he went up fro a set play, very hard to shake off the ball and still got a shot in... maybe worth a try at centre forward, try him out in training Joe - you never know it might just work.

RE Alessandra. Christ, when will people understand that the kid has a lot of potential, but is still just that; A kid. He's in his first proper professional season (only a handful of games at the end of last season) and is still learning his craft. Inexperienced players make mistakes, whether it be decision making or finding positions, and over time and more games played they learn from those mistakes.

I lost my rag a bit yesterday at someone behind me who kept commenting "If that lad's a forward, I'll plat :censored:e". As I've said before, he'll learn over the years how to develop strength on the ball, as well as knowing where to be in the box. His first touch is usually superb, in fact the only thing I question him on is his commitment going off the various rumours I've heard about that. But he's a young lad, and like Taylor and Smalley, if he keeps his mind at it we'll see a marked improvement once he's got another season under his belt.

About goalscoring, I've said before in another thread - How many strikers that are Lewi's age are also in the top 15 goalscorers for this division? There ain't many, I'll tell you.

Taylor regularly seems to put in a "Beckham against Greece" type performance in that he adds workrate and grit to his natual ability.

Saturday was no different, though the end produce (shots and crosses) were just a tad down on his best performances, and he was our best player on the pitch for us.

Anyone else notice his reaction when Posh scored the winner? Sunk down on his knees, hands to his face, looking like his world had collapsed. I think prior to that point he still believed that a run of straight wins could see us in the Play-offs and then promoted.

Great player.

However I would not be surprised to see him leave in the summer for a club in a higher division. The extended contract would ensure we get a decent amount for him, and for his own career he needs to start playing in a better team, against better opposition.

Interesting, Joe has said that he believes that up front may be Chrissy T's best position. :mmm::idea:

rosa, you've seen a lot more of Taylor than Big Joe has during his short stay and I respect your judgement more than his at the moment.

Anyone else notice his reaction when Posh scored the winner? Sunk down on his knees, hands to his face, looking like his world had collapsed. I think prior to that point he still believed that a run of straight wins could see us in the Play-offs and then promoted.

Remarked on it at the time. Looked like somebody had punched him in the guts. Think we all felt a bit like that when that goal went it.

rosa, you've seen a lot more of Taylor than Big Joe has during his short stay and I respect your judgement more than his at the moment.

I think there are a number of things to consider when it comes to Joe Royle, and the point Diego is making stands up to it.

1) It certainly seems (if rumours are to be believed) that Joe takes no nonsense on the training ground.

2) Joe Royle's public comments regarding players appear to be encouraging and positive.

3) Joe hasn't yet worked out what works best from the players available.

4) Assuming he stays, I think this football club will perform better next season than this, even if budgets are smaller.

Point (3) is key. I'm hoping we stumble across something unexpectedly wonderful while he goes through a spell of experimentation.