OWTB Announcement

OWTB Statement: OWTB FC Forum

Whilst we are keen to conduct correspondence on this issue via PM/email, certain posts on the subject have brought us to think it best to issue a statement.

On 4 April 2009, the OWTB FC forum was closed. This follows numerous posts by FC's staff team indicating that they were to migrate over to a new independent website, as of the aforementioned date. This was the only information we had to work on, and in the interests of managing the site's bandwidth, which has become a serious financial factor for the site in recent months, we took the decision to close this subforum.

OWTB FC has, in terms of its management, existed as a completely separate entity to OWTB for some time. Nevertheless, we have continued to provide a forum to facilitate the running of the team. That was closed, in accordance with statements made by FC's management, which were all we had to go on. We have since been contacted and informed that FC's management had intended to contact us to propose that the FC subforum remained open, alongside the new independent site. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, this did not happen in advance of the migration date.

To clarify a point made in some posts on the subject, OWTB FC was supported by Oldham Athletic as an extension of OWTB's role as the official messageboard. Any endorsement that the club continues to offer FC is outwith any relationship either party has with OWTB.

Some of the posts on the subject have been of an unfortunate nature and we would reiterate that OWTB will not tolerate abusive or threatening behaviour.

In an effort to resolve the situation, we have put forward a proposal to FC's management of a subforum that fully caters to their growing requirements.

Whilst we are keen to conduct correspondence on this issue via PM/email, certain posts on the subject have brought us to think it best to issue a statement.

On 4 April 2009, the OWTB FC forum was closed. This follows numerous posts by FC's staff team indicating that they were to migrate over to a new independent website, as of the aforementioned date. This was the only information we had to work on, and in the interests of managing the site's bandwidth, which has become a serious financial factor for the site in recent months, we took the decision to close this subforum.

OWTB FC has, in terms of its management, existed as a completely separate entity to OWTB for some time. Nevertheless, we have continued to provide a forum to facilitate the running of the team. That was closed, in accordance with statements made by FC's management, which were all we had to go on. We have since been contacted and informed that FC's management had intended to contact us to propose that the FC subforum remained open, alongside the new independent site. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, this did not happen in advance of the migration date.

To clarify a point made in some posts on the subject, OWTB FC was supported by Oldham Athletic as an extension of OWTB's role as the official messageboard. Any endorsement that the club continues to offer FC is outwith any relationship either party has with OWTB.

Some of the posts on the subject have been of an unfortunate nature and we would reiterate that OWTB will not tolerate abusive or threatening behaviour.

In an effort to resolve the situation, we have put forward a proposal to FC's management of a subforum that fully caters to their growing requirements.

It's good to here that both parties are now talking to one another.

At the same time I am sure that you will continue to have the support of the vast majority on here in the way that you deal with abusive and / or threatening postsers.

Cheers,

Harry

I take responsibility for not getting in touch with OWTB staff regarding our ongoing relationship with them so far as a different board is concerned. It can be seen from the message history that we never planned to divorce ourselves from this MB, and as someone with earlier concern and personal involvement in solving bandwith and funding issues I would never take these matters lightly. No doubt a message from me could have saved much grief, as much as a call from others to me could have cleared many things up before this started.

I would like to be clear that the fans team has been clear in expecting certain standards of behaviour from our players. Supsensions have been issued and behind the scenes words have been had. This is of course part of running a team, but also it's been very positive to see a group of guys from about 16 up to around 49 learning to respect each other and the opposition. If players have made physical threats against OWTB staff in regards to this matter I will make sure sure that it is dealt with appropriately on the football side, and would appreciate any details to be forwarded to Clare and myself. It can't be, however, that bans because of perceived breaking of forum rules can bar players from a team with a separate set of rules.

Regarding us and OAFC: I did insist that the OWTB - OAFC contract included a bit about the club supporting the team. Despite some others thinking that the club woulb be embarrassed by our set-up, I am happy to say that Alan has been 100% spot on with us from the word go, even when some people who really ought to have been the ones talking to him thought he would look down his nose at us. He's told me to make sure we win whenever I've been in touch with him.

This is explained on the first line of the post, if you read it carefully.

I read it carefully - your post is typical of the condescending attitude that comes from the 'leaders' here at times. The 'closure' of the FC forum was nearly 24 hours ago. Posts were modified to frustrate those trying to attend the match. Why would a moderator do that? Why would the forum be closed without talking to those who play in and organise the team?

So do i take it that 1 or more players have "abused" OWTB forum staff - hence all the excitement?

Or is the tree that I am currently barking at.the wrong one?

I am aware of one PM disussion that was taken out of hand but was resolved by the parties with everyone in peace and love much earlier today. If there were others, naturally I will act on them as and where appropriate if players have been at fault.

I dunno about all of you but we are all latics fans at the end of the day, why the hell can't we get along or at least respect one another? We have differing views but it doesn't need to resort to abuse does it? The atmosphere on here and at games is awful. Its about time it changed. We all want the same thing a successful OAFC.

I dunno about all of you but we are all latics fans at the end of the day, why the hell can't we get along or at least respect one another? We have differing views but it doesn't need to resort to abuse does it? The atmosphere on here and at games is awful. Its about time it changed. We all want the same thing a successful OAFC.

Its one of the things that got me interested in football when I was younger... The togetherness... Its gone now... Gone for good... Too much in fighter over standing, drums and the "muppet" (loyal supporters) choir...

Then you add into the mix some of the other more bigger issues regarding the trust and such like its game set and match on supporter unity...

We do see flashs of it... The march for example was awesome...

Edited by oafc0000

Its one of the things that got me interested in football when I was younger... The togetherness... Its gone now... Gone for good... Too much in fighter over standing, drums and the "muppet" (loyal supporters) choir...

Then you add into the mix some of the other more bigger issues regarding the trust and such like its game set and match on supporter unity...

We do see flashs of it... The march for example was awesome...

But these were things you would always be getting in the pub / work.... but not on this scale. It's the modern world full of forums

Now I've read this and Leeslover thread a couple of times and still don't have a clue whats going on.

You and me both Coco!

If there is a statement put out in this forum then surely there should be some background put in there so we can all understand what's going on!

Wouldn't it be easier to call the fans team exactly that rather than OWTB FC thus avoiding any confusion that the team and the messageboard are linked?

How far did the dummy go when you threw it out of your pram.

Nothing changes, those in their ivory tower talking down to us below.

Edited by sheridansarmy