If Royle doesn't get the job...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cotterill is a shout definately, not sure about Gannon though, not much difference between ourselves and County at the moment.

I'm not sure about this myself but Mark Robins?

Despite his previous, he's done a great job at Rotherham, if they didn't have the points deduction I believe Rotherham would be 2nd in League 2. They've had a very good cup run this year as well, beating a number of higher-level clubs along the way. Received very high praise from Joe Royle too when Royle was appointed.

Others perhaps could be Alan Knill, doing a great job at Bury and did a fantastic job at again Rotherham before being harshly sacked for having to sell their crown jewels to avoid going under.

Jim Gannon...that selection makes me laugh...go on then...and you'll have to oust him like Ronnie Moore soon after coz that's how that one will go!!!

NB: I don't think JG would do a bad job at all, I just think it'll be uneasy on the eye with some mistakes along the way and a few poor results. Done that dance, haven't we?

Jim Gannon...that selection makes me laugh...go on then...and you'll have to oust him like Ronnie Moore soon after coz that's how that one will go!!!

NB: I don't think JG would do a bad job at all, I just think it'll be uneasy on the eye with some mistakes along the way and a few poor results. Done that dance, haven't we?

indeed we have...

i would say gannon as well but only becuse of his dealing and players on such a very low budget,although very similar to us in no consistency really.

ian holloway??? not a bad manager but equally not an outstanding contender either.

if im honest i havent really got a clue who i would like if big joe doesnt get it,although im sure there will be a list of possibles.

Yes we have, didn't like it and don't want to do it again!!

As mentioned on the other thread, TTA should be begging TP to reconsider. Bearing in mind one would expect the side to be mostly youth products next season, then bring in the guy who knows their game better than anyone and already has their respect.

I don't think we'll be able to attract a big name manager with a weakened squad and a low budget. TP fits the bill.

You Can Tell Joe Is Here For The Long Stay Anyway. He Must Be Preparing For Next Season, Asking Fergie About Possible Signings And Looking At Our Young Players Aswell :)

I Know What Your Going To Say " He Could Use UTD Players In Any Job " But I Totally Think He Will Be Here And I Hope He Will Because He Will Get My Backing.

If Not I'd Like To See, Jim Gannon or Ian Holloway :D

As mentioned on the other thread, TTA should be begging TP to reconsider. Bearing in mind one would expect the side to be mostly youth products next season, then bring in the guy who knows their game better than anyone and already has their respect.

I don't think we'll be able to attract a big name manager with a weakened squad and a low budget. TP fits the bill.

he wouldnt do it,been asked before and doesnt want it.

i would however try to get him involved in first team training,or maybe a number 2,although if it isnt joe who comes in next season,the next man will bring his own people with him,

he wouldnt do it,been asked before and doesnt want it.

i would however try to get him involved in first team training,or maybe a number 2,although if it isnt joe who comes in next season,the next man will bring his own people with him,

Joe needs Willie.

Our fans wont take to Jim Gannon as he's the sort of man who does things over time

I'd love Holloway - purely for his interviews and press conferences.

What we could lose in gate reciepts we would gain in Latics World subs.

Seriously though, the guy at Tranmere has done really well on a limited budget...