todays attendance

He remarked on one individual in particular he's spotted, one of our boroughs young mothers, who was wearing track pants, pushing a pushchair along whilst holding a Greggs pastry based product in one hand and a can of Stella in the other.

I dunno. Someone with that level of multi-tasking should be applauded, not mocked.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He remarked on one individual in particular he's spotted, one of our boroughs young mothers, who was wearing track pants, pushing a pushchair along whilst holding a Greggs pastry based product in one hand and a can of Stella in the other.

Your taxes have probably gone towards paying for that pastry based product and stella... But dont feel you can level any blame at the council or goverment... End the day its up to YOU to get off your arse and sort it all out... Apparently... :blink:

Edited by oafc0000

I dunno. Someone with that level of multi-tasking should be applauded, not mocked.

Whilst appreciating the humour of your post J the point Dan is making is very valid. I do wonder sometimes if we have actually advanced since the middle ages, yes we have telly and haircuts and wireless networks but were the scrotes in those days actually better than the ones we have today? If they didn't get off their arse and do something worthwhile they starved, sadly these days this isn't the case, like rats their number is growing.

What's wrong with Greggs :grin:

I've told you before that working in Oldham centre I see many like this. It appears to be the main food and drink intake for many. Not forgetting the Sunny D and smarties :wink:

What's wrong with Greggs :grin:

I've told you before that working in Oldham centre I see many like this. It appears to be the main food and drink intake for many. Not forgetting the Sunny D and smarties :wink:

I remember the conversation, mate. I just find it hugely depressing that the town where I was born and have lived for most of my life has well and truly gone to the dogs (I know Oldham isn't alone in this particular fate).

Whilst appreciating the humour of your post J the point Dan is making is very valid. I do wonder sometimes if we have actually advanced since the middle ages, yes we have telly and haircuts and wireless networks but were the scrotes in those days actually better than the ones we have today? If they didn't get off their arse and do something worthwhile they starved, sadly these days this isn't the case, like rats their number is growing.

Very true.

If they didn't get off their arse and do something worthwhile they starved, sadly these days this isn't the case, like rats their number is growing.

Spot on Tony, absolutely spot on.

The 'gimme' generation. Think the world owes them a living without them having to put anything in, and have a major chip on their shoulders to boot.

Just out of interest.....

.....there was a group of about 15 asian kids at the back of the chaddy end on Saturday.

I'm not from the Oldham area originally, now living in royton, which i quite like, with Tandle Hills country park just a short walk away, it is close enough to get away from it all when required.

I have been following ManUre as some like to call them for the last 30 years and obviously there is a greater ethnic (other than white) population following them, why, I dont know, perhaps the sucess of Manure has something to do with it.

Driving round various parts of Oldham whether it be visiting the Outlaws or shopping I have seen Asians playing football, cricket now that the weather has turned warmer, take one look at the streets where the Asians are living and you will find the back alleys, side roads caked in litter, for whatever reason, shoot me down in flames, call me a racist, call me whatever but there has to be a reason as to why they prefer to live this way, my future Outlaws are from Derker and while the re-generation process is supposed to be happening, what is happening???? not alot from what I have seen, the streets arent caked in :censored:e though! the odd crisp packet or tin of pop maybe but nothing to the extent of areas close to tescos near the roundabout, i will come in from an indirect direction here........rags to riches is probably the best way of putting it without sounding racist, look at the living conditions where some of the asians originate ie: the middle east, can they not grasp the standard of the hygiene on the streets here in the uk? maybe i have driven round these areas before the road sweepers have been round, maybe not or maybe they dont give two hoots, I am more inclined to go with the latter.

It isn't just Oldham that has issues over immigration, for instance go into Lincolnshire, Boston is mainly Polish and other eastern europeans. I have a friend and work colleague who knows a farmer in lincs, he finished 17 polish workers because they were bone idle, phoned up the job centre in lincoln wanting another 17 ppl to collect eggs in a battery farm, 6 hours per day paying £8!!! p.h. with 2 hours o.t. if wanted, pick ups from 3 major places in lincs, how many ppl applied for the job???????...................a big fat zero!!! I say beggars cant be choosers these days but there again, do the government make things too easy.......in certain cases yes, I know!

Moving on to the town centre......the monstrosity of the building opposite the spindles is nothing but an eye-sore.....that place has so much potential.....a new college being built right as we speak.......utilise what there is in oldham town centre rather than start from scratch, and before anybody starts saying it was for this/ was for that.... how long has it been empty????

That has turned out to be one hell of a rant and absolutely nothing to do with mondays attendance, but i have asked before now why arent there any asians at B.P.?????? excusing those stood at the back of the RRE, which I never saw.

take one look at the streets where the Asians are living and you will find the back alleys, side roads caked in litter

I don't buy it as a race issue.

Walk from one end of predominantly white Royton to the other - perhpaps the Bluebell to the Railway - and count the pieces of chewing gum spat out on the pavement.

If you could turn each one in to a fan you could probably fill Boundary Park twice over.

This nation has low standards. Not just elements of the Asian community.

I don't buy it as a race issue.

Walk from one end of predominantly white Royton to the other - perhpaps the Bluebell to the Railway - and count the pieces of chewing gum spat out on the pavement.

If you could turn each one in to a fan you could probably fill Boundary Park twice over.

This nation has low standards. Not just elements of the Asian community.

probably right about filling bp over and over and as far as the nation having low standards probably right there to the exception of a few i have visited in my time.

maybe if the club brought the prices down for a cpl of games to see if the attendance rose, then do the maths after the game to see if any extra revenue had been generated, perhaps then keeping the price down if attendance figures did climb. i dont know..........has that ever been tried and tested?

Mr yard dog.....I refer to your post about Ikea giving the town the finger. It was planned to go on the retail park which used to be part of Mumps sidings, where Matalan is. Ikea asked for a slip road directly to them a la Sainsbury's, the Council refused. We were second in line behind Stockport as a viable location, theirs was near to the Pyramid. Stockport's Council declined for whatever reason, which left Oldham no1. They had a big retail player in their hand and threw it away......I suppose it's not the Council's fault though is it?

Mr yard dog.....I refer to your post about Ikea giving the town the finger. It was planned to go on the retail park which used to be part of Mumps sidings, where Matalan is. Ikea asked for a slip road directly to them a la Sainsbury's, the Council refused. We were second in line behind Stockport as a viable location, theirs was near to the Pyramid. Stockport's Council declined for whatever reason, which left Oldham no1. They had a big retail player in their hand and threw it away......I suppose it's not the Council's fault though is it?

Cheeky bastards, whenever you try and nip in and go straight to the part of Ikea you want to be at they try every trick in the book to make you go the long way round. Good on the council for not caving in to the herring eating neutral monkeys.

Whilst I hate to defend the council the roads do get very busy around there as it is.

l'll stand by my statement they have no interest in football clubs, well certainly attending said football clubs. (the vast vast vast majority)

That's not true at all Lags. They play football just as much as similar aged young white lads. I had a knock about in Milnrow on monday night and the lads who'd booked the pitch after ourselves were all asian.

The thing is though - they dont seem to want to mix. There is not one asian team in the monday night league on Kaskenmoor (Failsworth area) that I play in and that has side's from Milnrow to Newton Heath. Same when we had a short spell in the wednesday night league as well. There's only the odd asian lad who's playing with his all white mates and a ref from a season or two back who was half pakistani who's on there. This could be for a number of reasons, but more so because they have specific "asian 6a side leagues" within various asian communities. Dont know if that's the case in Oldham but it happens in Rochdale.

As for following football. They'd rather take the easy option and support a United or Liverpool. There is a massive local following - particular in Rochdale towards those two that's evident when you walk around any majority populated with various ethnic minorities. Not specifically asian.

Why would they come Latics or other local league clubs when it's £20 to get in??

That said - last season at dale there was a couple of asian lads who 'caught the bug' and went the last half a dozen home games and to wembley. I saw them at the services on the way down to Wembley with them singing dale songs and clapping away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnfbolmIYfQ

There you go. It can be done. Though it'd need something good happening on the pitch beforehand.

Those who'd of been in the Chaddy will have been on complimentary tickets.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I have been following ManUre as some like to call them for the last 30 years and obviously there is a greater ethnic (other than white) population following them, why, I dont know, perhaps the sucess of Manure has something to do with it.

Driving round various parts of Oldham whether it be visiting the Outlaws or shopping I have seen Asians playing football, cricket now that the weather has turned warmer, take one look at the streets where the Asians are living and you will find the back alleys, side roads caked in litter, for whatever reason, shoot me down in flames, call me a racist, call me whatever but there has to be a reason as to why they prefer to live this way, my future Outlaws are from Derker and while the re-generation process is supposed to be happening, what is happening???? not alot from what I have seen, the streets arent caked in :censored:e though! the odd crisp packet or tin of pop maybe but nothing to the extent of areas close to tescos near the roundabout, i will come in from an indirect direction here........rags to riches is probably the best way of putting it without sounding racist, look at the living conditions where some of the asians originate ie: the middle east, can they not grasp the standard of the hygiene on the streets here in the uk? maybe i have driven round these areas before the road sweepers have been round, maybe not or maybe they dont give two hoots, I am more inclined to go with the latter.

It isn't just Oldham that has issues over immigration, for instance go into Lincolnshire, Boston is mainly Polish and other eastern europeans. I have a friend and work colleague who knows a farmer in lincs, he finished 17 polish workers because they were bone idle, phoned up the job centre in lincoln wanting another 17 ppl to collect eggs in a battery farm, 6 hours per day paying £8!!! p.h. with 2 hours o.t. if wanted, pick ups from 3 major places in lincs, how many ppl applied for the job???????...................a big fat zero!!! I say beggars cant be choosers these days but there again, do the government make things too easy.......in certain cases yes, I know!

That has turned out to be one hell of a rant and absolutely nothing to do with mondays attendance, but i have asked before now why arent there any asians at B.P.?????? excusing those stood at the back of the RRE, which I never saw.

You're right-your ignorant, juvenile rant has nothing to do with the subject of Monday's attendance, which begs the question of why you, as primarily a self-confessed ManUre fan, came here to do it...

The bigoted claptrap about dirty streets being confined to Asian areas is just laughable, cliched arsery belonging to thirty or forty years ago. I thought you lot were supposed to be updating your propaganda of late. If you want to elevate anecdotes to eternal truths, I grew up in the old terraces of Hollinwood during the 1970s and '80s. The neighbours consisted almost entirely of white people but the back alleyways, and often the pavements out the front as well were as caked with dog:censored: and strewn with litter as anything you'll find around Werneth, Glodwick or Westwood. And if you want squalor and degradation try the white confines of Salford Precinct and surrounding areas, or their many white-populated equivalents in any major town or city. Whatever the cause of squalor it evidently isn't connected to race at all.

Oldham doesn't have issues over immigration. Like any similar town it has some seemingly intractable social issues that some people in both the white and Asian populations like to give a racial slant for their own purposes (just like you do here). The country as a whole might do well to alter its immigration policy in some respects, or it might not, but the vast majority of Asians you see around places like Oldham were born here. So you don't like 'em being here? Big deal, but what do you propose to do about it, or imagine can be done about it by anybody? And at least your having a go at the Poles as well makes a change from contrasting their much vaunted hard work and diligence in comparison to the feckless blacks and lazy lumpen whites of self-serving populist discourse. Entertaining anecdote though-I honestly have never heard anything remotely like it, ever, honestly guv... Here's some more news for you: they're here because, rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my opinion, but the British people have repeatedly elected governments who favour it) we are signed up to the European single market and tied into it forever. I don't see you. me or anybody else doing anything about that in a hurry either.

The major reason there are few Asians seen at BP or most other grounds, despite an evident liking for football, is simple and has already been mentioned. It is because the prevailing atmosphere of the 1960s and 1970s at football grounds was not conducive to making those of immigrant stock feel either welcome or safe, and so the tradition of following a local club didn't catch on.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

You're right-your ignorant, juvenile rant has nothing to do with the subject of Monday's attendance, which begs the question of why you, as primarily a self-confessed ManUre fan, came here to do it...

The bigoted claptrap about dirty streets being confined to Asian areas is just laughable, cliched arsery belonging to thirty or forty years ago. I thought you lot were supposed to be updating your propaganda of late. If you want to elevate anecdotes to eternal truths, I grew up in the old terraces of Hollinwood during the 1970s and '80s. The neighbours consisted almost entirely of white people but the back alleyways, and often the pavements out the front as well were as caked with dog:censored: and strewn with litter as anything you'll find around Werneth, Glodwick or Westwood. And if you want squalor and degradation try the white confines of Salford Precinct and surrounding areas, or their many white-populated equivalents in any major town or city. Whatever the cause of squalor it evidently isn't connected to race at all.

Oldham doesn't have issues over immigration. Like any similar town it has some seemingly intractable social issues that some people in both the white and Asian populations like to give a racial slant for their own purposes (just like you do here). The country as a whole might do well to alter its immigration policy in some respects, or it might not, but the vast majority of Asians you see around places like Oldham were born here. So you don't like 'em being here? Big deal, but what do you propose to do about it, or imagine can be done about it by anybody? And at least your having a go at the Poles as well makes a change from contrasting their much vaunted hard work and diligence in comparison to the feckless blacks and lazy lumpen whites of self-serving populist discourse. Entertaining anecdote though-I honestly have never heard anything remotely like it, ever, honestly guv... Here's some more news for you: they're here because, rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my opinion, but the British people have repeatedly elected governments who favour it) we are signed up to the European single market and tied into it forever. I don't see you. me or anybody else doing anything about that in a hurry either.

The major reason there are few Asians seen at BP or most other grounds,l despite an evident liking for football, is simple and has already been mentioned. It is because the prevailing atmosphere of the 1960s and 1970s at football grounds was not conducive to making those of immigrant stock feel either welcome or safe, and so the tradition of following a local club didn't catch on.

:chubb::imnotworthy:

Good post CJ.

There have been racist chants on Boundary Park as recently as the last decade.

The attempted 'pogrom' before the Stoke game in 2001 will hardly have endeared the club and its fans to many Asians either. (Which is not to disregard the events that led up to the idiotic action.)