todays attendance

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know, but many season ticket holders near me were missing.

(I severely regret that fart at half time against Peterborough).

i`m a season ticket holder but didnt go,lost all interest,this season as been a very big dissappointment for me,weve been in the top 6 nearly all season and then throw it away when it matters and to make matters worse joe says "we lack a cutting edge" HELLO why get rid of hughes? who we have no chance of replacing next season,which i expect us to finish mid table like this year,pessimisstic you might say?realist i say

i`m a season ticket holder but didnt go,lost all interest,this season as been a very big dissappointment for me,weve been in the top 6 nearly all season and then throw it away when it matters and to make matters worse joe says "we lack a cutting edge" HELLO why get rid of hughes? who we have no chance of replacing next season,which i expect us to finish mid table like this year,pessimisstic you might say?realist i say

HELLO..Why get rid of Hughes!!!

Do we really have to go through all that again....the guy was leaving at the end of the season and was going through the motions................Even if he had stayed it would have made no difference.

The guy had been in cruise control since December.....get over it, he's history!!!!!

By contrast, a young non-league manager takes on a Championship club's managerial hotseat and inspires the players to do enough to appear to have avoided relegation. Yesterday, the club's third successive home game and money tight over a holiday period, produced a crowd of 33,000, with over 17,000 season tickets sold already for next season.

Old Big 'ead would have been proud of him!

By contrast, a young non-league manager takes on a Championship club's managerial hotseat and inspires the players to do enough to appear to have avoided relegation. Yesterday, the club's third successive home game and money tight over a holiday period, produced a crowd of 33,000, with over 17,000 season tickets sold already for next season.

Old Big 'ead would have been proud of him!

Yeah Derby, with their history, honours, expectations, catchment area, size of the city and the fact that they have a manager who was obviously capable at Burton (lots of clubs wanted him so hardly a gamble on an ex international) versus Latics?

Not really a fair analagy is it?

Yeah Derby, with their history, honours, expectations, catchment area, size of the city and the fact that they have a manager who was obviously capable at Burton (lots of clubs wanted him so hardly a gamble on an ex international) versus Latics?

Not really a fair analagy is it?

Don't want to spark another debate about the North West counter-attractions, but the population of Derby is 233,700. Oldham's is around 219,600 - source Oldham's Joint Strategic Needs Assessment Of Health And Well Being 2008.

Just pointing out how supporters, who have grown used to failure, can be inspired by a young promising manager who wants to prove himsef at a higher level.

P.S. Joe is an ex-international.

Don't want to spark another debate about the North West counter-attractions, but the population of Derby is 233,700. Oldham's is around 219,600 - source Oldham's Joint Strategic Needs Assessment Of Health And Well Being 2008.

Just pointing out how supporters, who have grown used to failure, can be inspired by a young promising manager who wants to prove himsef at a higher level.

Derby have been getting those sort of crowds way before Clough come in!

DCFC says the demand for new season tickets is unprecedented.

Derby isn't Oldham so no point trying to like for like with them. Oldham as a huge Asian population with no interest in football clubs. Oldham is one of the poorest towns in the North with mostly low paid jobs. This area as been deprived for decades with no help from the British governments of all sides to improve things. It's own council is pretty much useless. Whilst the big whammy the bulk of the white population follows Scum and Citdee on their TV's and their offspring are only naturally following.

DCFC says the demand for new season tickets is unprecedented.

Derby have been averaging over 28000 for the past 3 years... Lowest crowd of the season this year was over 25000..

Whether or not the demand for season tickets is unprecedented they have been selling out most games regardless for the past few years

Derby isn't Oldham so no point trying to like for like with them. Oldham as a huge Asian population with no interest in football clubs. Oldham is one of the poorest towns in the North with mostly low paid jobs. This area as been deprived for decades with no help from the British governments of all sides to improve things. It's own council is pretty much useless. Whilst the big whammy the bulk of the white population follows Scum and Citdee on their TV's and their offspring are only naturally following.

So does Derby mate - the wifes family live in Derby - there is an enormous Indian community down there.

Derek.

Hasn't Derby got a large Asian population? I don't think they have significant Asian support, and there are plenty of other well-supported clubs in places with large Asian populations, and they don't either. If you take the borough of Oldham as a whole Asians are about 13%.

The history of Derby County is quite different to ours, that's true, but they are far from being a glamour club. Our close proximity to Manchester is the kind of factor that they don't have to contend with, but we have seen in the past that we can increase our support significantly when the Oldham public considers that the club has a team worth supporting. The worrying thing is that, having been at the wrong end of the football league during the decades in which the structure and image of the game changed almost beyond recognition, we lost out financially to the extent that even much of the hardcore support no longer believes it possible that we can rise from this level and, if we don't, we'll have difficulty in attracting a new generation of fans.

Not living in the area anymore it seems as though Oldham's sport generally is in a trough. Roughyeads are poorly supported, and I've just read that Oldham cricket has been on the verge of folding. The lack of strong community and political leadership over the last 20 years, the lack of regenerative intiatives the like of which have been seen elsewhere, damage the sense of community, and community motivation. It seems that there's a general apathy and malaise that's currently rooted in Oldham not just affecting Latics.

Edited by LaticsPete

Not living in the area anymore it seems as though Oldham's sport generally is in a trough. Roughyeads are poorly supported, and I've just read that Oldham cricket has been on the verge of folding. The lack of strong community and political leadership over the last 20 years, the lack of regenerative intiatives the like of which have been seen elsewhere, damage the sense of community, and community motivation. It seems that there's a general apathy and malaise that's currently rooted in Oldham not just affecting Latics.

People are fed up with permanent under-achievement in sport and, more broadly, at Oldham's apparent falling behind the other towns surrounding Manchester in terms of general facilities. When you've been away for a while, the only place in the area that looks more run down and depressed than Oldham upon your return is Salford.

Wish I Didnt Go To Be Honest. One Of The Most Boring Games I Have Ever Seen. Latics Just Didnt Want It One Bit (Again!)

First they take your pride

Turn it all inside

And then you realize

You've got nothing left to lose

So you try to stop

Try to get back up

And then you realize

You're telling the Story Of The Blues

Feeling browbeaten

Day after day

I think it's over

But I just can't get away

i love that report.

love it.

Hasn't Derby got a large Asian population? I don't think they have significant Asian support, and there are plenty of other well-supported clubs in places with large Asian populations, and they don't either. If you take the borough of Oldham as a whole Asians are about 13%.

The history of Derby County is quite different to ours, that's true, but they are far from being a glamour club. Our close proximity to Manchester is the kind of factor that they don't have to contend with, but we have seen in the past that we can increase our support significantly when the Oldham public considers that the club has a team worth supporting. The worrying thing is that, having been at the wrong end of the football league during the decades in which the structure and image of the game changed almost beyond recognition, we lost out financially to the extent that even much of the hardcore support no longer believes it possible that we can rise from this level and, if we don't, we'll have difficulty in attracting a new generation of fans.

Double that figure, and I might take your point seriously. When was the last time you walked at and about around Oldham during the day?

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Double that figure, and I might take your point seriously. When was the last time you walked at and about around Oldham during the day?

Couldn't help but notice that the URL link you give in your signature is to a site of religous intolerance and sectarian bile.....

It doesn't matter whether you take it seriously or not, as you have an agenda of your own, which you can stick up your arse.

The figures come from official staistics. They are approximate (it might be 14%, might be 12); do some research.

(Awaits :censored:witted claim that the figures are rigged by the neo-communist Brown dictatorship.)