Eardley good game

IMO eardley had a very good game yesterday constantly wanting the ball from the keeper , was always an option for team mates and for about 70 mins was up and down that pitch deliverying some great crosses.

now is this because he had lee working with him, dropping inside giving him the option for the overlap and genearly keeping hold of the ball when he received it.

i assume lee was taken off because he was knackered having not played much but it all seemed to stop when taylor/whittiker? went over to cover and it allowed us to be put under more pressure.

i know there a lot who dont like eardley but i think that was his best performance in months, the sort he used to put in when he came into the side when lidds still had some legs (for a few months anyway)

thats how a fullback should play....compare the other side of the pitch..hazell should not be playing fullback aqnd certainly not on the left.

IMO eardley had a very good game yesterday constantly wanting the ball from the keeper , was always an option for team mates and for about 70 mins was up and down that pitch deliverying some great crosses.

now is this because he had lee working with him, dropping inside giving him the option for the overlap and genearly keeping hold of the ball when he received it.

i assume lee was taken off because he was knackered having not played much but it all seemed to stop when taylor/whittiker? went over to cover and it allowed us to be put under more pressure.

i know there a lot who dont like eardley but i think that was his best performance in months, the sort he used to put in when he came into the side when lidds still had some legs (for a few months anyway)

thats how a fullback should play....compare the other side of the pitch..hazell should not be playing fullback aqnd certainly not on the left.

Eardley had a very good match at Carlisle, so not sure about the Lee connection. I agree that Lee did look worn out when he went off and Crewe's main threats came from that wing .

And Hazell was at left back because we didn't have many options. I think Joe wanted to look at Stam and Greegs together and Paul Black had had a run out on Friday.

Edited by LaticsPete

Yeah was impressed with Eardley yesterday, his crossing was fantastic, they just demanded someone put them away. His defending was good and he linked up well with Lee. They made lots of space for each other.

Still think Lee has got a bit to go, a bit naive maybe but nothing a good run of games will get rid of.

Yeah was impressed with Eardley yesterday, his crossing was fantastic, they just demanded someone put them away. His defending was good and he linked up well with Lee. They made lots of space for each other.

Still think Lee has got a bit to go, a bit naive maybe but nothing a good run of games will get rid of.

I think thats the key. You need that full match sharpness to really be able to see how good a player is. I would like to see him start for the last few games of this season.

I do wonder what a central Lee/Maher midfield would give us.

I think a match fit Kieron Lee has a hell of a lot to offer.

I rated Kev before yesterday - was utter sh1te when he came on - lost the ball and pussied out of tackles - very disappointed!!

Neal was good defo!

Eardley - simple reason for the improvement is that he has been given some good coaching advice - namely get to the byline and cross the ball with pace - when defending stay goalside and close to the attacker - he looked like a full welsh international yesterday

Lee - good touches and movement - but he is obviously lacking in stamina and strength - Joe made a point of talking to him when substituted - definitely could be a good one if he can build on the fitness

On quite a few occasions yesterday eards put some very decent balls in to the mix but nobody gambled on them.

I did think though that some very basic stuff was lacking from him yesterday. So many times we lost possession because of his first touch. I put this down to his concentration.

If he can put performances in like that and improve on the simple things then I dont see why he shouldnt be in the team.

Eardley - simple reason for the improvement is that he has been given some good coaching advice - namely get to the byline and cross the ball with pace - when defending stay goalside and close to the attacker - he looked like a full welsh international yesterday

Lee - good touches and movement - but he is obviously lacking in stamina and strength - Joe made a point of talking to him when substituted - definitely could be a good one if he can build on the fitness

says in tonights chron joe was very pleased with lee,and that he will keep his place for the brighton game.

i think a more balanced look will be had against brighton,jones is back i think,natural left footer,and westlake is in contention.again needs a run of games as we havent seen the best of him yet.

I'd say a little of that but more a case of getting a run of games again now and his confidence coming back. He had a MOTM performance at Carlisle, so I'd say 10% Lee and 90% Royle and run of games.

eards - had a great game on saturday, some quality attacking play.

lee - some clever touches and forward play, would like to see more of him in the 1st 11.

maher - no attacking threat what so ever.

Eardley's a decent player who has lost his way this season. The right manager can get the best out of him.

Been impressed with both Lee's appearances against Crewe, less so when he played against Carlisle (but that was 2 games in 3 days). Thought on all occasions he looks like a central midfielder, possibly of the creative type!! My only caution is his fitness levels and being good against Crewe doesn't necessarily prove footballing genius.

Maher? Crap on Monday, but I think he's a better player than Allott. He created all three goals at Millwall and is more likely to land a corner in the right spot than Whitaker (although Danny has improved his set pieces massively since Joe joined).

Edited by opinions4u

Maher? Crap on Monday, but I think he's a better player than Allott. He created all three goals at Millwall and is more likely to land a corner in the right spot than Whitaker (although Danny has improved his set pieces massively since Joe joined).

As proved vs Northampton. Also scored a cracker FK at MK Scum and was the best of a bad lot during our worst spell this season. Was disappointing on Monday, but Maher is a quality player who will thrive with the ran man next to him. Sadly, we won't see this coz I don't think he'll be here next year.

I'm on holiday so first chance to get on here since Crewe game. I read the highlights of the game live on iFooty on my mobile phone. It updates every few mins or so....

6 mins - Kabba shoots from left wide of post

8 mins - Eardley clears upfield ball out for Crewe thro

etc etc, you get the idea.

Keiron Lee's name was mentioned twice in the whole 90 mins. Once to say he was booked for fouling someone and again to say he had been subbed. Now this left me assuming he had been crap, but i've read on quite a different story? Weird eh? I suppose if he didnt cross, shoot or foul then he wouldnt be mentioned, but that doesnt mean he didnt see a lot of the ball.........

Also probably means that iFooty is a waste of time........

Oh well......

I'm on holiday so first chance to get on here since Crewe game. I read the highlights of the game live on iFooty on my mobile phone. It updates every few mins or so....

6 mins - Kabba shoots from left wide of post

8 mins - Eardley clears upfield ball out for Crewe thro

etc etc, you get the idea.

Keiron Lee's name was mentioned twice in the whole 90 mins. Once to say he was booked for fouling someone and again to say he had been subbed. Now this left me assuming he had been crap, but i've read on quite a different story? Weird eh? I suppose if he didnt cross, shoot or foul then he wouldnt be mentioned, but that doesnt mean he didnt see a lot of the ball.........

Also probably means that iFooty is a waste of time........

Oh well......

To be honest, I didn't think Lee had that good a game! And said it to a mate I met by the Chaddy End turnstiles as I walked out. I thought he had a few cameo roles but wasn't in it...nor affecting it. Remember one decent ball down teh right he put in and some good knocks and flicks here and there (ironically, the same ones Windass did upfront that no bugger read and was called :censored: for) and was astounded to hear my mate say he'd had a great game. I actually thought he looked quite rushed on the ball at times and put it down to getting used to the pace. Interesting how others see it....however, I wouldn't ever advocate reading them text commentarys for an indication towards a game. Infact, I'd advise caution even against similar after listening to one on Latics World!

Edited by boundaryblue80

To be honest, I didn't think Lee had that good a game! And said it to a mate I met by the Chaddy End turnstiles as I walked out. I thought he had a few cameo roles but wasn't in it...nor affecting it. Remember one decent ball down teh right he put in and some good knocks and flicks here and there (ironically, the same ones Windass did upfront that no bugger read and was called :censored: for) and was astounded to hear my mate say he'd had a great game. I actually thought he looked quite rushed on the ball at times and put it down to getting used to the pace. Interesting how others see it....however, I wouldn't ever advocate reading them text commentarys for an indication towards a game. Infact, I'd advise caution even against similar after listening to one on Latics World!

I think it's pretty obvious, having seen him start his 3 games, that he is not a 'naturally' wide player - and although you're right Ross about his 'rush look' on the ball, the energy and movement he gave us, interchanging from right to central and beyond, allowed eardley, Taylor and Smalley to look more mobile than they have in weeks. This though could be to do with JR having a damn sight more tactical nouse than Mr Sheridan had. Was the "very rigid" 442 Shez's ultimate downfall - regardless of the loanees you bring in - using players as 'lamposts' is never a good option really.

For me Lee has given us that energy and movement we were sadly lacking in the middle of the park - Him and Maher for me.