Eardley to Coventry?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh?

I assume he's saying, correctly IMO, that if the Latics fans continue to belittle and bemoan his performances then his low confidence will limit his development as a player, not forgetting he's not even 21 yet.

He's clearly got talent and potential, however struggles for confidence at Latics. For Wales he's seen as a future prospect, here he's seen as useless. Clearly there's a conflict there and I'd side with the International scouts as opposed to some fat bloke in the chaddy end to be honest.

I assume he's saying, correctly IMO, that if the Latics fans continue to belittle and bemoan his performances then his low confidence will limit his development as a player, not forgetting he's not even 21 yet.

He's clearly got talent and potential. However struggles for confidence at Latics. For Wales he's seen as a future prospect here he's seens as useless. Clearly there's a conflict there and I'd side with the International scouts as opposed to some fat bloke in the chaddy end to be honest.

If his career is going to be ruined by a few moans and groans when he shanks another 50 yard pass into the Lookers terrace, then he's probably in the wrong profession to start with.

He'll never improve as a footballer with the BP boo boys on his back.

Im not a boo boy just a realist.

You learn the basics of football and your position requirements in your teens and in the youth team.

his first 2 years i thought he was the new irwin given a few years.

But since then hes gone backwards and developed a 'because i play for wales thats me sorted' attitude.

His performances and ability have dipped alarmingly over the past year.

For someone who has all his experience at his age it is inexcusable not to be able to pass a ball successfully to a team mate when gien time and space to assess options or pick out a man when crossing rather than just whack it in and to know how to position yourself when defending.

Anyone who can continue saying 'hes young, needs time' is deluded - he should have these in his game and be nailed on at doing the basics especially with his career experience by now.

Not good enough in my opinion, sorry (i focus this on his defending and distributional ability which are needed when playing RB).

And for the record neither is Lomax.

*Moderated*

Thanks ritchie.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support barracking the players, or targeting any particular individual, but ffs, if the lad is to go on and play at a higher level, he's going to have to cope with the pressure of tens of thousands of fans watching his every move. If he's struggling to deal with a few spotty chavs giving him grief (which I doubt by the way) then he's going to have big problems if he does step up.

Reading down to get to Eardley bit i saw this:

Hibs News Major summer clearout– out will be Fletcher for 4million to highest bidder, jones for 1million somewhere in England, Yantorno released,chislom released, O'Brien for 250k crewe, Pinau loan expired, O'Neil released, Zemmama to UAE for 1million,Benji released, Keenen released. Incomin will be calum Woods from dunfermline for 300k, Dorman from St mirren for 500k, Stephen hughes from motherwell free, O'connor from crewe for 200k, Villaneuva from Audax Italiano for 2.5million(record Signing), Garry O'Connor from Birningham for 1.3m, Youth team players to come through also in Moyes,Booth,Welsh and Deane.

I just wonder, hmmmm - could it be that the Yantorno is on his way here to become our saviour???

So there’s a rumour that a club from a higher division is interested in him and once again it becomes a ‘lets slag Eardley off’ thread.

I can’t believe the number of times his selection for his country is used as a stick to beat him with, and where has all this crap about his attitude come from?

Watching Latics recently has been pretty much watching a side low on confidence making a series of errors (OK, that’s the polite way of putting it). Most of these mistakes attract the odd comment, but the moment Eardley does anything remotely wrong a collective groan echoes round the ground and the tone is set for the rest of the afternoon.

I really hope he leaves in the summer for his own good. Hopefully we can make a few bob, he can get on with the rest of his career, and I won’t have to listen/read the inane drivel about him.

The only problem is a new target will be set up for the snipers to aim at.

He's clearly got talent and potential, however struggles for confidence at Latics. For Wales he's seen as a future prospect, here he's seen as useless. Clearly there's a conflict there and I'd side with the International scouts as opposed to some fat bloke in the chaddy end to be honest.

Good assumption!

<switches quickly to the handy 'boss!' option at the top of the screen>

So there’s a rumour that a club from a higher division is interested in him and once again it becomes a ‘lets slag Eardley off’ thread.

I can’t believe the number of times his selection for his country is used as a stick to beat him with, and where has all this crap about his attitude come from?

Watching Latics recently has been pretty much watching a side low on confidence making a series of errors (OK, that’s the polite way of putting it). Most of these mistakes attract the odd comment, but the moment Eardley does anything remotely wrong a collective groan echoes round the ground and the tone is set for the rest of the afternoon.

I really hope he leaves in the summer for his own good. Hopefully we can make a few bob, he can get on with the rest of his career, and I won’t have to listen/read the inane drivel about him.

Agreed

But at the end of the day every club have their own snipers

I have been to goodison park a few times this season and you want to see the abuse Yakubu got (some racial) from his own fans!!!!!!!!!

And this was when he was their out and out leading scorer!!!

Back on topic, although Eardley does have his good games yes, he needs to stop panicing ie lofting 50 yard hoofs into no mans land, whenever we go a goal down.

The abuse he gets is completely uncalled for granted, but should another club come in with a decent offer think the club would be daft not to take it, as he is far from irreplaceable

his smirk at the fans when he COULDN'T BE BOTHERED' chasing tranmere's winger and many people who have met him have less than nice things to say about him.

Not that we should be bothered about non effort from people taking home money for running on grass for an hour a week.

No, my mistake, we should wrap him in cotton wool like a baby

'Sshhh its ok Neal, dont listen to them nasty people, you're a footballer and your immune from any responsibilities and anything you do wrong or cant be bothered doing is acceptable'.

his smirk at the fans when he COULDN'T BE BOTHERED' chasing tranmere's winger

Royle rightly dropped him the following game (and he was available).

His form subsequently improved.

Good manager + supportive fans = better player.

Edited by opinions4u

Not that we should be bothered about non effort from people taking home money for running on grass for an hour a week.

No, my mistake, we should wrap him in cotton wool like a baby

'Sshhh its ok Neal, dont listen to them nasty people, you're a footballer and your immune from any responsibilities and anything you do wrong or cant be bothered doing is acceptable'.

I think there's a fair few players who you could lay that accusation at, but only one seems to get singled out continously stangely enough.

Back on topic, although Eardley does have his good games yes, he needs to stop panicing ie lofting 50 yard hoofs into no mans land, whenever we go a goal down.

Sean Gregan does that all-game-every-game, pressure or not, and he came second in the OWTB player of the season award by quite some distance to 3rd.

Sure, he's better at defending that Eardley. But he's played as almost many years as Eardley is old (only 3 less)!!!

So what does that tell you?

I'm with all the guys on this thread who have a fully lobed-up brain who see that Eardley is a player of real potential, but one issue that I have to raise is; what are people talking about with these "aimless 50 yard balls" or shanked passes into the Lookers?

Here's a thought - Eardley last season played with a proper, experienced winger in Andy Liddell. Eardley looked class, started the season on fire and put in some excellent attacking performances (ref. Tranmere away where he spent most of the 2nd half passing little 1-2's and driving into the opposition area). After Lid's injury his performances trailed off a bit, and his late season form was merely good.

This season it is quite obvious to anyone with eyes that his ball up the line was a tactic employed by Sheridan to try and get Lee Hughes 1-on-1 with the full-backs who he could outmuscle. That ball behind the full-back can be dangerous, but we began to play it at the wrong times and it became an aimless punt up the line.

He is a full international, a player we have produced and quite clearly a good technical footballer - just note his performances out of position towards the end of last season. The team structure hasn't aided him this year, and subsequently his form has dipped - THIS DOES NOT MAKE HIM USELESS / ARROGANT / LAZY etc etc.

Also, could someone let me know what the problems with his defending are? I rarely see a winger get the better of him, certainly not on a consistent basis. He loves a tackle too, so there's no physical issue in his game...

Henceforth anyone who doesn't recognise that Eardley is one of the most talented young footballers we have produced in decades should be tarred, feathered and then ignored as the idiot they most certainly are.

P.S. Zorrro talks sense - what a leader. I'll bet he loves Paul Murray.

Eardley is a cracking prospect. So he doesnt play well all the time, not all youngsters do, form goes up and down, young players can be inconsistent. I do think it could be best for him to move on to be honest because I cant see the fans getting off his back unless he plays amazing in nigh on every game. Its a shame that people dont get behind our young players more.

I'm with all the guys on this thread who have a fully lobed-up brain who see that Eardley is a player of real potential, but one issue that I have to raise is; what are people talking about with these "aimless 50 yard balls" or shanked passes into the Lookers?

Here's a thought - Eardley last season played with a proper, experienced winger in Andy Liddell. Eardley looked class, started the season on fire and put in some excellent attacking performances (ref. Tranmere away where he spent most of the 2nd half passing little 1-2's and driving into the opposition area). After Lid's injury his performances trailed off a bit, and his late season form was merely good.

This season it is quite obvious to anyone with eyes that his ball up the line was a tactic employed by Sheridan to try and get Lee Hughes 1-on-1 with the full-backs who he could outmuscle. That ball behind the full-back can be dangerous, but we began to play it at the wrong times and it became an aimless punt up the line.

He is a full international, a player we have produced and quite clearly a good technical footballer - just note his performances out of position towards the end of last season. The team structure hasn't aided him this year, and subsequently his form has dipped - THIS DOES NOT MAKE HIM USELESS / ARROGANT / LAZY etc etc.

Also, could someone let me know what the problems with his defending are? I rarely see a winger get the better of him, certainly not on a consistent basis. He loves a tackle too, so there's no physical issue in his game...

Henceforth anyone who doesn't recognise that Eardley is one of the most talented young footballers we have produced in decades should be tarred, feathered and then ignored as the idiot they most certainly are.

P.S. Zorrro talks sense - what a leader. I'll bet he loves Paul Murray.

So a full international needs a 35yr old right winger to hold his hand and make him play well in his position of RB??

Do me a favour.

If thats the case then it shows what Eardley is made of, not a lot.