James Scowcroft

Complete speculation.

On the way to the station yesterday after watching Palace at Doncaster and James Scowcroft walked past in full Palace gear and his sports bags with Matthew Lawrence, both looking particularly glum and clearly not travelling back with Colin and the rest of the team.

Would he be the kind of player Joe may be interested in bringing to BP next year? He's been injured most of this season, and was pretty gash when he came on yesterday...but he's a tall guy with a proven track record and would surely still get goals at this level.

Would he be the kind of player Joe may be interested in bringing to BP next year? He's been injured most of this season, and was pretty gash when he came on yesterday...but he's a tall guy with a proven track record and would surely still get goals at this level.

sounds a bit like Steve Kabba/Brett Ormerod, I know a player we should go for Michael Rose at Stockport good left back, versitile, good defender, good at set-peices and County are paying him on a weekly basis as they couldnt afford to renew his contract

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Complete speculation.

On the way to the station yesterday after watching Palace at Doncaster and James Scowcroft walked past in full Palace gear and his sports bags with Matthew Lawrence, both looking particularly glum and clearly not travelling back with Colin and the rest of the team.

no guarentee of the goals thopugh...havent we gone down the proven route this season with loans???

i would like to see the club going for someone like constable,young and hungry scores lots of goals and can be moulded by a fatherly figure like joe,teach him how to get into the box and get on some of our crosses(22 yesterday) and maybe hit the bag a few times.

there is also a decent striker at stevenage borough too,like scoring lots,think he is called morrison but not 100%

Saw that Carlo Nash was on the bench for Everton on saturday. If he is anything like he was for City I'd love him at BP. If Crossley was to go perhaps Carlo would be an ideal replacement.

He no doubt earns a lot more sitting on their bench than he would keeping nets for us though.

But I agree, I've always like Nash.

I know a player we should go for Michael Rose at Stockport good left back, versitile, good defender, good at set-peices and County are paying him on a weekly basis as they couldnt afford to renew his contract

He had a good game at Wembley last May!

Saw him score a free kick for County v Yeovil and pulled this one off youtube at Peterborough a couple of seasons back.

Soccerbase Linky

Fits the bill for me if we could get him.

He had a good game at Wembley last May!

Saw him score a free kick for County v Yeovil and pulled this one off youtube at Peterborough a couple of seasons back.

Soccerbase Linky

Fits the bill for me if we could get him.

He's scored a few good free kicks, I went to the Grimsby game last season and he took probably one of the best free kicks I have ever seen it swerved like an attacking snake

Complete speculation.

It might have been explained elswhere... but most importantly, what the buggering hell were you doing at Donny? Hasnt got that bad has it Josh... or have they offered you more money to watch them at the Keepmoat? Dont Go Josh! :wink:

... just triggered my mind about something else utterly unrelated, that I forgot to post on here... at the Crewe game Michael Tonge was sat infront of me in the Main Stand Paddock, which I thought was very very random.. was with another football player that I recognised, but cant pick his name... any ideas why he might have decided to spend an afternoon at BP?

It might have been explained elswhere... but most importantly, what the buggering hell were you doing at Donny? Hasnt got that bad has it Josh... or have they offered you more money to watch them at the Keepmoat? Dont Go Josh! :wink:

... just triggered my mind about something else utterly unrelated, that I forgot to post on here... at the Crewe game Michael Tonge was sat infront of me in the Main Stand Paddock, which I thought was very very random.. was with another football player that I recognised, but cant pick his name... any ideas why he might have decided to spend an afternoon at BP?

Think they might have been watching Kabba play, think he was at Sheff Utd at the same time as Tonge.

He no doubt earns a lot more sitting on their bench than he would keeping nets for us though.

But I agree, I've always like Nash.

what i dont understand is everyone keeps saying joe this and joe that what happens if he says no to the latics job!!!! and lets be truthful he as not done anything different to sheridan apart from getting rid of our best striker in years plus geting shut of liddle who is by far a better player than that load of crap lee!!!! i would let alexandra go out on loan for a season let lomax go bring in a new c/b a new full back and 2 new strikers,

what i dont understand is everyone keeps saying joe this and joe that what happens if he says no to the latics job!!!! and lets be truthful he as not done anything different to sheridan apart from getting rid of our best striker in years plus geting shut of liddle who is by far a better player than that load of crap lee!!!! i would let alexandra go out on loan for a season let lomax go bring in a new c/b a new full back and 2 new strikers,

Thank you for the insight.

no guarentee of the goals thopugh...havent we gone down the proven route this season with loans???

i would like to see the club going for someone like constable,young and hungry scores lots of goals and can be moulded by a fatherly figure like joe,teach him how to get into the box and get on some of our crosses(22 yesterday) and maybe hit the bag a few times.

there is also a decent striker at stevenage borough too,like scoring lots,think he is called morrison but not 100%

I recommended Morison to the club a couple of years ago when he was at Bishop's Stortford. Surprised he hasn't made the step up yet; good player.

Don't fret, it was to watch Palace as part of a deal with a mate to go to eachother's last away day of the season. I was thinking that he'd be disappointed by Latics' performance, we can't play worse than Palace did...they were very poor. If they don't strengthen in the summer then they could be the next of the long line of 'big clubs' to drop.

Think I fitted in with the Palace fans alright, even if I was the only one shouting continuous abuse at Richie... :unsure:

Edited by jsslatic

working with players u havnt signed changing tactics that the dumplins cant grasp also he isnt god he cant change everything in a week he has got rid of the weak players so far and looks like some more to come.

put it this way,if joe does decide to stay..he has a network of contacts and very good footballing friends he could more than likely call in favours from,and he would be more likely to get decent fringe players from these contacts and friends in the game,than say someone who hasnt been around long in managment,and would have to work in the bargain basement or bogoff departments of finding players.

everton city ipswhich he has managed,and built up his contacts list.

i would be more than happy for him to try,rather than go for someone who thinks seb hines is so good he tracked him for 18 months.

Don't fret, it was to watch Palace as part of a deal with a mate to go to eachother's last away day of the season. I was thinking that he'd be disappointed by Latics' performance, we can't play worse than Palace did...they were very poor. If they don't strengthen in the summer then they could be the next of the long line of 'big clubs' to drop.

Think I fitted in with the Palace fans alright, even if I was the only one shouting continuous abuse at Richie... :unsure:

I have been at a fair few Palace games on freebies. Always supported the opposition, whoever the Stripey Nigels were playing and regardless of being amongst home supporters. The only hairy moment was when my guest Mr Tulsehill decided to bring his foulest potty-mouth out whilst lots of my colleagues were sitting with their young families...

Saw that Carlo Nash was on the bench for Everton on saturday. If he is anything like he was for City I'd love him at BP. If Crossley was to go perhaps Carlo would be an ideal replacement.

Was talking about him earlier with my sister who's an Everton season ticket holder, her words were "'i've never seen someone so delighted to be warming the bench", he'd have to be dragged out of Goodison kicking and screaming. Can't afford him and tbh i don't think signing a keeper should be out most pressing priority in the summer.

Was talking about him earlier with my sister who's an Everton season ticket holder, her words were "'i've never seen someone so delighted to be warming the bench", he'd have to be dragged out of Goodison kicking and screaming. Can't afford him and tbh i don't think signing a keeper should be out most pressing priority in the summer.

Pretty much bottom of the list for me. Flem will do fine, in fact, he'll do better than that, just get a decent youngen in off a prem side for cover and we're sorted with Crossley for emergencies (keeper related ones). We should be looking at a winger a centre mid and some strikers, defence isn't top agenda either for me although the Gregan linching mob will have tell you otherwise. Then we just need a few versatile players.

Sound bit like when I went with a Villa supporting mate to watch them play City, I was the one who started the "Bus Stop in Oldham" chant, though I doubt if we did a Paul McGrath style chant with Sean Gregan it wouldnt go down too well