Two Latics players make PFA side

Eardley and Taylor both make the PFA team of the year for League One.

PFA Team of Year - League One

Good for them.

Voted for by their fellow professionals for the year January to December I believe.

Giggs got the big prize, which given his age is amazing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8019726.stm

Wouldn't mind him and Scholsey next season ;)

Edited by opinions4u

Good for them.

Voted for by their fellow professionals for the year January to December I believe.

Giggs got the big prize, which given his age is amazing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8019726.stm

Wouldn't mind him and Scholsey next season ;)

Amazing given that he's only started 12 games this season and i bet most man u fans wouldn't pick him in their man u team of the season. It's a sympathy vote and nothing more.

but to get back on topic, great to see taylor and eardley in the team of the season,although maybe yet another reminder of what might have been.

Amazing given that he's only started 12 games this season and i bet most man u fans wouldn't pick him in their man u team of the season. It's a sympathy vote and nothing more.

but to get back on topic, great to see taylor and eardley in the team of the season,although maybe yet another reminder of what might have been.

Well done Chris and Neal. Deserved accolades. Chris Taylor - Best player in the division. Neal Eardley - Deserved....even if some of our wankish* fans don't agree!

* I mean those goons who think he is :censored:....please note, his peers (ie, the players he plays against) know you are wrong.

Bizarre. All those wingers who have had a laugh at Eardley's expense, and all those full backs who haven't been driven back by him, think he was the best opponent they faced all season. I try not to be too harsh on my fellow fans these days, but do any of Eardley's critics think that this is yet another clue, to add to the international caps, agents buzzing around and media interest, that you really do know :censored: all about what makes a good player?

Bizarre. All those wingers who have had a laugh at Eardley's expense, and all those full backs who haven't been driven back by him, think he was the best opponent they faced all season. I try not to be too harsh on my fellow fans these days, but do any of Eardley's critics think that this is yet another clue, to add to the international caps, agents buzzing around and media interest, that you really do know :censored: all about what makes a good player?

I bet Neal is lovin this, these professional players/scouts/coaches/managers know nothin I tell ya!!!!

I bet Neal is lovin this, these professional players/scouts/coaches/managers know nothin I tell ya!!!!

sorry , the guys you are writing about , wont be on here till next week, when they claim he is our worst player

They'll be spluttering their cornflakes all over the place in about 6 to 7 hours time when they find out!!!

I personally dedicate the award to the prick in the Chaddy End who had a personal 1 on 1 volley of abuse with him...culminating in Neal telling him to :censored: off and the guy's head exploding and evaporating into the roof...ok...made that last bit up but something inside him exploded that day! Piss funny!

I know I shouldn't but this is very funny. The people actually facing Neal Eardley rate him the best they have seen. In the same games as some of our fans think he has been the worst player on the pitch. His critics are from a constant group, but the people rating Eardley the best in his position have come from all the teams and will have played us in a variety of times, when we were playing good and badly, winning and losing, and they think he's really good. I wonder who's right?

Sadly though LL...who loses out overall coz of this? OAFC and us fans who don't abuse players during games...

Next time a club comes sniffing (possibly this summer) we could see Neal go...with the booboys saying thank :censored: for that (you see their quotes on here...£500k...snap their hands off) with the potential of not seeing a penny going back into the playing budget coz of the ST shortfall. Which ironically, the ST shortfall comes from the fickle :censored: who...wait for it...slag off the likes of Neal during the 90 minutes!

Makes me laugh when people come on here and point and go..."superfan" etc...sadly, there are several class of fans and it's the booing generation of supporters (young and old!) who have for years (unwittingly - coz they're ignorant and thick as :censored: to realise it "coz I paid my money") been systematically killing off this club, small bit by bit! And going about blaming every other person from manager to tea-lady for it!

Sadly though LL...who loses out overall coz of this? OAFC and us fans who don't abuse players during games...

Next time a club comes sniffing (possibly this summer) we could see Neal go...with the booboys saying thank :censored: for that (you see their quotes on here...£500k...snap their hands off) with the potential of not seeing a penny going back into the playing budget coz of the ST shortfall. Which ironically, the ST shortfall comes from the fickle :censored: who...wait for it...slag off the likes of Neal during the 90 minutes!

Makes me laugh when people come on here and point and go..."superfan" etc...sadly, there are several class of fans and it's the booing generation of supporters (young and old!) who have for years (unwittingly - coz they're ignorant and thick as :censored: to realise it "coz I paid my money") been systematically killing off this club, small bit by bit! And going about blaming every other person from manager to tea-lady for it!

spot on, and if he was to come back with his different club, whenever that may be , he will be abused again

the funny thing is i think it will be exactly the same fans that abuse him now who will abuse him then

no respect! and imo ...no respect for the club, managerS, history of the club............and no knowledge of the game

different point and just popped in my head but i wonder how many on here have read team from a town of chimneys...or ever heard of it!

spot on, and if he was to come back with his different club, whenever that may be , he will be abused again

the funny thing is i think it will be exactly the same fans that abuse him now who will abuse him then

no respect! and imo ...no respect for the club, managerS, history of the club............and no knowledge of the game

different point and just popped in my head but i wonder how many on here have read team from a town of chimneys...or ever heard of it!

I'm still not convinced full back is Neal's best position, he was superb in the 8 or so games he played in centre-mid at the end of last season - full of energy and a wider scope for his passing instead of being restricted to the flank. I think he'll end up in the middle and the type of box to box player we've lacked instead persevering with the immobile Allott and Maher and the anonymous Whitaker.

Congratulations to Chris and Neal but ...........

I'll be the first one to stick my head above the parapet, can you hand on heart say Eardley has been the best full back we've seen this season? I doubt it! He has shown what a decent player he can be in the wake of Shez's departure but I'm sorry, he perfomances across the whole season should not see him in the PFA team of the year. Mind you I suppose you could say the same about Taylor who was clearly upset by the January transfer window.

It's not about who we've seen, though. It's about their peers (who, let's face it, know a bit more than us) choosing who they feel have been the best players over the past 12 months.

Congratulations to Neal and Chris.

No coincidence that Eardley has been at his best since Joe took over and recognised his quality. Really pleased for the lad. If he gets to move to a club where the fans also appreciate him, I shall be sorry to see him go but wish him well.

Here here. I've thought for quite some time now that some people need to stop using there mouths (or fingers) and use their brains for once.

Guest sheridans_world

Well done lads :applause1: its a testament to Neal especially that he has put up with the abuse from the stands.

Sadly I can already hear the chaddy end come August (or maybe even Walsall next week)

"PFA Player of the year....... my arse" :peepwall:

Well done both.

Speaks volumes this does; voted by people from within the game & not judged by the fickle lot in the stands.

On sat; i pointed out to the lot around me that when Eards does something well; there is a flutter of applause at best - then; when he misplaces a pass its WWII. Knowone else in our side cops it as much as Neal and its just not on.

In a game that in the grand scheme of things meant cock-all; Eards was again a stand-out for me. Defended really well when he needed to & once again he put some cracking balls into the box; just sums us up that there wasn't anyone in there who could do anything with them!

As much as i want Neal & Chris here next season to build a side around them; i can't help but feel that a new club would probably be the best bet for Neal; away from our Moronic 'fans' where he can develop without the uncalled for berating that he gets from people who wouldn't know a player if he came up & slapped them right on their sloping foreheads!!

Anyway; rant over - once again; well done the 2 lads for this accolade.

He just needs to rise above it like Allott did. A few good early performances next season will change some opinions - there were a great many who would never have believed Ratboy could win so many MoM's.

Stick with it Neal (And Deane for that matter - another one who has improved tremendously).

Guest sheridans_world
Does that mean the acoustics are going to be improved? B)

Nah, as you know I sit there and it sounds noisy when you're actually in there!

Eardley and Taylor both make the PFA team of the year for League One.

PFA Team of Year - League One

:imnotworthy:

I know I shouldn't but this is very funny. The people actually facing Neal Eardley rate him the best they have seen. In the same games as some of our fans think he has been the worst player on the pitch. His critics are from a constant group, but the people rating Eardley the best in his position have come from all the teams and will have played us in a variety of times, when we were playing good and badly, winning and losing, and they think he's really good. I wonder who's right?

:crackpot: ..... surely all the fans giving him crap every week are correct and not the players he faces every week!!!

Best news I've had in a long time!!!! To all those who don't rate Neal ..... :censored: