Two Latics players make PFA side

Best news I've had in a long time!!!! To all those who don't rate Neal ..... :censored:

So we've had Liverpool attending all his youth games scouting him for a year, a former Real Madrid gaffer picking him for his national side whilst still a teenager, three different managers picking him at Latics and now his fellow professionals vote him into the team of the season.

Is that going to be enough for people to lay off him? I think we all know the answer.

have to say well done to both, but i am absolutely amazed Neal is in the team - attacking wise and in midfield i think he is decent, defending wise though - which is his primary job - he is poor.

I'm never out to have a go at players, i just say it as i see it - i want people to play well including Neal - but defensively this season like Hazell(jan onwards) he has been very poor.

I was set next to a Barnsley scout v bristol rovers, he said they'd stopped watching taylor as he has little end product and i quote 'I cant believe people rave about Neal Eardley and how he is an international is beyond me'

Yes, come back next year Neal with a 100% committed attitude and effort and people including myself will back you. Improve your defending and aim crosses at players rather than just booting it in aimlessly without looking up as well and we will have a good player on our hands.

over to you Neal...

Great to see two of our players in the team of the season. Always fantastic to see our players getting awards such as this, very pleased for both of them.

Also interesting to see people abusing other fans because they have abused/not rated Eardley.

I was set next to a Barnsley scout v bristol rovers, he said they'd stopped watching taylor as he has little end product and i quote 'I cant believe people rave about Neal Eardley and how he is an international is beyond me'

Taylor's the top scoring midfielder in League One.

Maybe Barnsley just couldn't afford them. :grin:

Pin that up in the dressing room when we play Barnsley next season.

I'm delighted for Chris and Neal (especially for Neal- who has shut the boo boys up). I'm not one of them and I think the attitude of some of our fans to one of our best players is amazingly short-minded. However, when you are publically interviewed and say you've never had a mare (which I'm sorry Neal, I'm a big fan but that ain't the case) and some of our fans call you on it you go out and prove them wrong (not flick the v's). Some of our fans also seem to think he should be a combination of Dani Alves and Jaime Carragher which ain't going to happen. I'm sorry to say that at least two of my mates think Eardley is :censored: but one is a Man U fan (in reality but he's a season ticket holder) and the other is a bit of an idiot.

The mistakes he did on Saturday were right in front of me and yes he should have cleared them properly but if the passes had come off (and they weren't that hard) it could have worked wonders. The Arsenal full back was in a similar position yesterday and did a similar thing- that came off and arsenal scored and Andy Gray raved about them.

Amazing given that he's only started 12 games this season and i bet most man u fans wouldn't pick him in their man u team of the season. It's a sympathy vote and nothing more.

but to get back on topic, great to see taylor and eardley in the team of the season,although maybe yet another reminder of what might have been.

Sympathy vote my arse!!! I don't think footballers know what sympathy means!!! Giggs got the job because his fellow professionals still see quality.

Or should we look at Eardley getting into team of the season because his fellow professionals felt sorry for him due to all the abuse he receives on here?

Sympathy vote my arse!!! I don't think footballers know what sympathy means!!! Giggs got the job because his fellow professionals still see quality.

Or should we look at Eardley getting into team of the season because his fellow professionals felt sorry for him due to all the abuse he receives on here?

:OASISscarf: :OASISscarf:

Giggs ... legend and a well deserved award! Now were's my Giggs sig ?

:OASISscarf: :OASISscarf:

Giggs ... legend and a well deserved award! Now were's my Giggs sig ?

Not sure how many opposition players will have seen him though. 26 games in total over the year. So that's a third of Premiership games he's missed. I'd bank he probably didn't start half of them.

I'd certainly call it a sympathy vote. And MarkOasis backs it up. A legend that never won it when he should have. Now he certainly shouldn't have got near to it, but people have voted for him so that he gets ONE in his career. Jesus, I can think of loads of United players alone better than him last year.

Deserved, over his career without a doubt. But, it is pathetic and devalues the whole competition to the standard of Big Britains got a Jungle.

Will Vidic get one in ten years now? Hold on, Gazza hasn't got one yet. Let him win next years...

I think Mediawatch said it best:

There will be many arguments about the rights and wrongs of Ryan Giggs being crowned the PFA Player of the Year, but Mediawatch will simply say this:

Darren Anderton made more starts than him this season. And he retired in December.

have to say well done to both, but i am absolutely amazed Neal is in the team - attacking wise and in midfield i think he is decent, defending wise though - which is his primary job - he is poor.

I'm never out to have a go at players, i just say it as i see it - i want people to play well including Neal - but defensively this season like Hazell(jan onwards) he has been very poor.

Yes, come back next year Neal with a 100% committed attitude and effort and people including myself will back you. Improve your defending and aim crosses at players rather than just booting it in aimlessly without looking up as well and we will have a good player on our hands.

over to you Neal...

Could our strikers maybe attack the ball when his crosses come into the box instead of just standing there waiting for the ball to land on their heads without having to move or would that be asking a bit too much?

Amazing given that he's only started 12 games this season and i bet most man u fans wouldn't pick him in their man u team of the season. It's a sympathy vote and nothing more.

Absolutely spot on, 12 starts and PFA player of the year, what a crock of s:censored:t.

Sympathy vote, nothing more.

he's not had the best of seasons, but unfortunatly this season the players around him have not been helping him out at all, he's had to push back into a full back postion rather than going forward as a wing back because Andy Liddell has lost his legs and cant get back and defend, Danny Whittaker doesnt get back past the half way line and Mark Allott can break up play but has not been looking for the ball enough. Yes maybe the odd winger has beaten him but it doesnt help when your winger isnt backing you up in defence, it must also be mentioned that there has been the odd winger who has struggled against him the latest being Southends on Saturday, one question to the slaters, what would you be saying if Latics had a winger who couldnt beat his full-back? To all you people who have spent this season constantly slating the poor guy where are you? Remember that this was voted by people from within the game who will know the full inns and outs of whats going on at a football club on a daily basis, not the fat old git who turns up once every week or so.

Well done Neal I just hope all these people who slate you might wake up and smell the coffee and realise that your a good player and that Football is a team game, yes we've been poor this season, but we've been poor as a team especially in midfield and with the right pro's around you, you can go far