Havent read the thread yet but just seen the back of the chron.

What little enthusiasm I had for next season has now evaporated. Therefore it's doubtful I'll be buying a season ticket now. :( Hopefully they will force me to turn up every week and pay on the day.....but I very much doubt it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent read the thread yet but just seen the back of the chron.

What little enthusiasm I had for next season has now evaporated. Therefore it's doubtful I'll be buying a season ticket now. :( Hopefully they will force me to turn up every week and pay on the day.....but I very much doubt it.

Just watched Big Joe and the Simons on Latics World. My enthusiasm has already returned and I'll be buying a season ticket. :blush:

I’ve taken some stick over the past few weeks on here, so I take this opportunity to reflect on what I‘ve been trying to tell you all along.

I doubt whether he will have the willingness and energy at his age to try to convert ordinary players into promotion contenders on a slim budget. I think the job is made for a younger manager out to prove himself on his way to the top, not one who has already done that.

Alan Hardy tells us “After openly discussing the situation with the owners and myself, Joe felt the best option for the club to take was to look for a younger man to take the helm.

If Joe does not want the job, it would be a pity for the Club to lose his undoubted skills in PR/diplomacy/man-management. I wonder if he would be interested in a role similar to Brian Horton at Hull or John Rudge at Stoke - the much-respected elder statesman with many years of management experience and lots of contacts in the game.

We’re told that while Joe will not be remaining as manager, he has agreed to continue to help the club in whatever way the board wish. But he says it will be in an advisory capacity and not as a director of football.

I brought you the news on Saturday that Joe was not staying beyond this season, but most chose to doubt me.

I also told you that Gregan's court case had collapsed and that John Wardle was not investing in the Club.

Perhaps my :sauce: will not be taken with a pinch of salt in future.

I’ve taken some stick over the past few weeks on here, so I take this opportunity to reflect on what I‘ve been trying to tell you all along.

, he has agreed to continue to help the club in whatever way the board wish. But he says it will be in an advisory capacity and not as a director of football.

I brought you the news on Saturday that Joe was not staying beyond this season, but most chose to doubt me.

I also told you that Gregan's court case had collapsed and that John Wardle was not investing in the Club.

A Midlander who claims powers to tell the future. By God I am going to have to think hard and do some research to find a form of cleansing punishment severe enough to deal with this one. The old fire and quartering isn't going to touch the sides here.

Lose the Lookers

Dismantled strikeforce

Women footballers

Loaned a string of clearly unfit strikers

Social lives getting in the way of the motivation to play

Alleged drunken behaviour

Bloggate

Doggygate

Sheridan sacked....

....and Joe seemingly appointed within hours, nay minutes - on a Sunday.

Tranmere at home - where did all those fans go to for the next home games?

Exodus of all the loan signings.

Textgate

Armbandgate

Joe decides to call it a day - 8 games in...

Question marks of the depth of the team for next season.

Question marks of the size of the budget for next season.

Missed anything....

Yes...quite a big one for me...*cue the theme tune of the bill*

Gregan-gate...the time when the wheels began to come loose...somehow, he's a shining light of a season for many though. And that's even after Doggygate...

Oh well...

Alan Hardy tells us “After openly discussing the situation with the owners and myself, Joe felt the best option for the club to take was to look for a younger man to take the helm.

We’re told that while Joe will not be remaining as manager, he has agreed to continue to help the club in whatever way the board wish. But he says it will be in an advisory capacity and not as a director of football.

Not got a humility button on your keyboard then?

Not me guv. I rarely take issue with you Diego, and font of wisdom and knowledge and I certainly beleived you once you said your sauce said he was not accepting it. Though I did think that meant there was still time to re-negotiate.

Which begs 2 questions, then., from the same :sauce:

1) Who has been interviewed.

2) Who is the new man?

Edited by singe

Whatt!!!???

FMS has said quite a few things but didn't bang on about your sole position - a diminishing base leading to oblivion (excuse the paraphrase). And you have never said that you'll be looking forward to a new season after a break.

You've never been so arrogant before.....

Yup the tone of FMS's posting is totally different.

What a surprise Corp read it differently, or chose to.

...Which begs 2 questions, then., from the same :sauce:

1) Who has been interviewed.

2) Who is the new man?

My :sauce: is not clairvoyant - TTA say hopefully in 7-10 days. I'm out of the country from the 4th to 9th days and unable to access OWTB.

P.S. A bit of useless info. I saw Glen Roeder being interviewed by SC in the Clayton Green, with his agent sat in another part of the pub, before Ronnie got the job.

Yup the tone of FMS's posting is totally different.

What a surprise Corp read it differently, or chose to.

Translation: only Stipe Tripe and his mates/approved posters are allowed to express disquiet and dissatisfaction at what's going on at BP.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Translation: only Stipe Tripe and his mates/approved posters are allowed to express disquiet and dissatisfaction at what's going on at BP.

What Pete said!

And I do know one or two on here, by sight to say hello to thats all, and some because they've been posting since the days JK Latics was on Inside the Web 10 years ago, wouldn't know FMS or Latics Pete if I fell over them.

Funny how people like you always resort to stuff like "only Stipe Tripe and his mates/approved posters are allowed to express......", very sad.

Especially Joe.

I do find it funny how a lot have swallowed the Gregan comments from Joe. He slated him for Sats goal when most believe Hazell was at fault. I think a lot of Joes comments on Gregan have been kidology to get him/keep him playing. I'd be very surprised if he was still here next season...be interesting to see what comes from Joes recommendations...we'll see what happens.

Like or not though, Gregan performing for 2-3 months of the season ain't acceptable (esp as top earner) and our wheels came off badly after his arrest. Our "lynchpin" became our "liability" up until Udders away where his form steadily improved but was too late to halt our slide.