Dismantled strikeforce

Women footballers

Loaned a string of clearly unfit strikers

Social lives getting in the way of the motivation to play

Alleged drunken behaviour

Bloggate

Doggygate

Sheridan sacked....

....and Joe seemingly appointed within hours, nay minutes - on a Sunday.

Tranmere at home - where did all those fans go to for the next home games?

Exodus of all the loan signings.

Textgate

Armbandgate

Joe decides to call it a day - 8 games in...

Question marks of the depth of the team for next season.

Question marks of the size of the budget for next season.

Missed anything....

excellent summary..... I vote you for manager..fancy it???...get your CV's in now guys...we may get a look in

Guest Scratch2000uk

Unless money from the premiership starts, and quite rightly.. filtering down into the lower league clubs then this is what football in the lower leagues is going to be like, for the forseeable future.

Ask yourselves this.? how many clubs are on the brink of falling into administration? or just hanging on by the skin of their teeth.?

How many clubs relegated from the premiership keep bobbing up and down into the champinoship ( WBA, Wolves ) or sinking like a lead balloon when they don't ( in recent years Charlton, Southampton, Leciester, Notts Forrest, Leeds )

The only other way is for some rich type tycoon invests into a club, Oldham Athletic isn't going to attract an investor ( considdering the current climate ) it's that simple. :blush:

We shall have another season of "on loaners" at best.. a mid table finish, and with a relatively unproven manager. :blush:

I do think Joe was hoping for the Wardle investment to come off, it didn't...i think we all knew that was the last of Joe's interest in staying on as maager. <_<

Shame really, but understandable :ranting: .

Good luck Mr Royle. :grin:

Not staying...Official SMS

My fellings: dissapointed.

Latics are like the credit crunch, things are bad but they will get better, and Joe was the man for me.

I thought we looked like a football team on Saturday, maybe a bad football team, but a team none the less.

Lets knick Knill from Bury.

I never intended going to Walsall but when I heard officially this morning i thought I might - be nice to show Joe some final respect. Then I thought no, bugger it because I don't want to show my respect and thanks to the useless bunch of tossers who have left us where we are - Gregan excluded.

I never intended going to Walsall but when I heard officially this morning i thought I might - be nice to show Joe some final respect. Then I thought no, bugger it because I don't want to show my respect and thanks to the useless bunch of tossers who have left us where we are - Gregan excluded.

top tip for the day.

instead of wasting cash on a ticket,travel to walsall,beer and food,pop down to your local card shop and send joe a "thank you/all the best" card instead.

not only will he have a personal note of your gratitude,but also you'll be quids in!

Kind of sums it up for me....gone nowhere in 15 years... :mad:

Me too.

I think I'm just a bit sick and tired of football now. In a way I'm glad Joe doesn't get the job permanently, because I don't want his name sullied with failure. It keeps my memories untarnished, and I think pruning the squad was what's needed because our next manager gets a clean slate to play with.

But I'm sick of rumours

I'm sick of speculation

I'm sick of fans calling for someones head on a pike when something minor goes wrong.

I'm sick of kneejerk reactions

I'm sick of Division 3

I'm sick of players taking the piss out of the people who pay their wages.

I'm sick of football in general right now. Everything about it just stinks for me.

I want the summer to come and give me a 3 month break from it all.

Me too.

I think I'm just a bit sick and tired of football now. In a way I'm glad Joe doesn't get the job permanently, because I don't want his name sullied with failure. It keeps my memories untarnished, and I think pruning the squad was what's needed because our next manager gets a clean slate to play with.

But I'm sick of rumours

I'm sick of speculation

I'm sick of fans calling for someones head on a pike when something minor goes wrong.

I'm sick of Division 3

I'm sick of football in general right now. Everything about it just stinks for me.

You should have also said

I'm sick of thinking well that was an utter waste of a Saturday afternoon / Tuesday night.

But nail on head FMS, nail firmly on head.

I'm sick of thinking well that was an utter waste of a Saturday afternoon / Tuesday night.

Aye, I could have gone on easily, but toothache stopped me in my tracks.

I think with a new man on board, 3 months rest from it and a new season ticket I'll be ready for the new season again. No worries.

Aye, I could have gone on easily, but toothache stopped me in my tracks.

I think with a new man on board, 3 months rest from it and a new season ticket I'll be ready for the new season again. No worries.

Depends who the new man is!

But yes three months off and with a new ST in me grubby mits it'll definitely be a new season, whether I'll be ready for it is another matter.

If I'd said any of what you're agreeing with here, you'd have chased me round the boards for three days.

Funny how so many are now able to see what I've been able to see for two years or more regarding the incredible shrinking club.

If I'd said any of what you're agreeing with here, you'd have chased me round the boards for three days.

Funny how so many are now able to see what I've been able to see for two years or more regarding the incredible shrinking club.

Whatt!!!???

FMS has said quite a few things but didn't bang on about your sole position - a diminishing base leading to oblivion (excuse the paraphrase). And you have never said that you'll be looking forward to a new season after a break.

You've never been so arrogant before.....

Whatt!!!???

FMS has said quite a few things but didn't bang on about your sole position - a diminishing base leading to oblivion (excuse the paraphrase). And you have never said that you'll be looking forward to a new season after a break.

You've never been so arrogant before.....

Corporal Jones: right about the economy; right about what's happening to Latics.

That's all you need to remember

Me too.

But I'm sick of rumours

I'm sick of speculation

I'm sick of Division 3

Spot on mate....... absolutely spot on