Mickey Adams 5/1

Andy Ritchie 6/1

Paul Ince 6/1

Dave Penney 7/1

Ronnie Jepson 8/1

Steve Cotterill 10/1

John Hughes 10/1

If we employed Ritchie or Jepson id vow never to go a game again

dean, you are a complete women. get a grip man!

beany.

Micky Adams... It's beyond me how he keeps getting in the frame for jobs. He's living on a couple of past successes, of which now are just about 10 years old. He's also relegated a team (Brentford) and made a complete pigs ear of Brighton (2nd time round), Leicester and Coventry. No, wi-i-i-i-de berth please. He's a long ball merchant and, well, if the BP faithful hated Ronnie, then Micky Adams wiuld be infinately worse.

Mark Robins may not sit with us well given his history playing against us and the symbol of the pinch-me season crashing in flames but his management track record is pretty sound, and it's recent which is important too. Knows the modern game and can work well even under added pressures such as playing in a soulless athletics track in a different town to where the team is from. He'd be OK for me, but I just wonder whether the knives are going to be out for him should he not achieve instant success. This is always my major worry with any new guy we take on.

I don't understand why the guy protested at Andy Ritchie.

The guy is a hero, so will get a guaranteed 'honeymoon' period (something I have a feeling we may need in abundance next year).

He genuinely loves the club, unlike some other mercenaries and journeymen. The fans will appreciate that!

He was sacked for ridiculous reasons by the chairman that tried to kill us off.

He got Barnsley promoted with little money and was sacked for not spending - so he has a proven track record, knows the division and would have plenty of repect from the players.

So - WHATS WRONG WITH STITCH ?

The guy is a hero, so will get a guaranteed 'honeymoon' period (something I have a feeling we may need in abundance next year).

He genuinely loves the club, unlike some other mercenaries and journeymen. The fans will appreciate that!

He got Barnsley promoted with little money and was sacked for not spending - so he has a proven track record, knows the division and would have plenty of repect from the players.

Joe Royle loves the club- whats happened in his 2nd spell???

We all know that managers coming back dont work

The same honeymoon period Joe Royle is enjoying now!

The same honeymoon period Joe Royle is enjoying now!

Well, noone has moaned since he came - certainly not at him - I didn't hear any "ROYLE OUT" chants anyway in any of the home games I've attended since he was given the job. We just quietly accepted that Joe knows best.

Ritchie would be a little lower down the list than a few others, but I wouldn't strike him off completely.

I just have horrendous memories of how poor we were when he was last in charge, although I've since realised that it wasn't solely his fault.

I am just off up to BP. Might as well throw my hat in the ring cos I am Latics through and through and won't stand for players not giving 100% for the shirt nor ignoring the fans. Plus I'll have BFJ in one day per week (he promised) for the knowledge and know how.

Joe Royle loves the club- whats happened in his 2nd spell???

We all know that managers coming back dont work

Joe Royle's 2nd spell really hung on one game: Tranmere at home- as soon as we lost, the club waved the white flag and started making cuts. Joe was given the thankless task of trying to steady an already sinking ship. There was no motivation for the players, they too knew the dream was over - and this wasn't down to Joe.

To say that Joe's spell hasn't worked is a flawed statement, it was never given a chance to work. In hindsight, if it WAS going to work, it would hve been better to sack Shez at the end of the season, and appoint Joe in the close season. This would have sold more tickets and allowed Joe to create a squad he was happy with. But hindsight is a wonderful thing....

Ritchie was NEVER given a proper chance to manage the club, bringing him back would give him the chance to put that right.

Instead of contantly criticising and offering the usual football cliches, ie. "managers coming back dont work" why not offer a constructive appraisal and maybe an alternative solution ?

LETS TRY TO MAKE A POSITIVE OUT OF THIS NEGATIVE - LETS FACE IT, IT'S WELL NEEDED!!!!

Mark Robins may not sit with us well given his history playing against us and the symbol of the pinch-me season crashing in flames but his management track record is pretty sound, and it's recent which is important too. Knows the modern game and can work well even under added pressures such as playing in a soulless athletics track in a different town to where the team is from. He'd be OK for me, but I just wonder whether the knives are going to be out for him should he not achieve instant success. This is always my major worry with any new guy we take on.

I feel much the same as you on this........ the history between us and Mark Robins is pretty chequard; but he's from Chaddy and his record at Rotherham is great. He would seem to fit the bill of the young tracksuit manager TTA would like to see. After thinking about this for a few days I think he's becoming the guy I would like to see given the chance.

Latest odds

Penney 11/10

Gannon 4/1

Robins 5/1

Ritchie 13/2

Adams 7/1

Ince 8/1

Jepson 10/1

Hughes 10/1

Cotterill 10/1

Do Victor Chandler know something that everyone does not?