New Manager - Betting Thread

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he looks an ok manager but seems to spit his dummy out a lot - not what we need IMO.

low key is the way forward. sick of the constant melodrama.

The big problem we had this season was having a squad which had no discipline at all. Fair enough Gannon may be able to restore some of it, but i really dont believe Gannon would set a great example to the players full stop. Gannon is just a loose cannon. The club has had enough negative press this year without adding him to it.

Dave Penney has shot in a hell of a lot he's not even on the 1st post on here. Anyone know what odds he was this morning?

Was looking for odds on him about an hour ago, then they shuddenly appeared at 4/1 <_< Never placed a bet in my life until today .... but got my money on two (covering my stake) one fell from 14/1 to 8/1 before I could click confirm :mad:

Dave Penney, Paul Jewell, Paul Ince, Mickey Adams and Colin Calderwood. I will cry if we get any of them! All :censored:e I'm afraid and especially the last two. Penney had so much money it is scary, what would he make of our budget? Have Doncaster ever produced a player of their own? Woe is me...

Richard Money would be an interesting shout, did a good job helping youth through at Walsall and even seemed capable of getting a footballer out of Ricketts. Apart from that though Gannon then Robins.

Please God, not Calderwood...

anyone think that Alan Curbishley might want to be our next manager

think the only ones on that list i would like or want to see are possibly..gannon,hill,jewel,cotterill,curbishly.

if going for a connection with the club i would have to say...dowie,donachie,philiskirk....or maybe scholes as player manager with big joe as his mentor.

I think we can rule a few out straight away.

If we go for what we need.

Some experience GANNON TICK

Our League experience GANNON TICK

Got a team out of a division GANNON TICK

Instant Impact GANNON TICK

Good contacts GANNON? ASSUME SO, DUNNO, BUT HE CAN USE JOE'S

Not been out of work too long GANNON TICK

Not expensive GANNON TICKISH

Has worked with a small ish budget GANNON TICK

Would be respected by current players GANNON ?? He'll just get rid if they don't so does it matter?

Would motivate the youngsters GANNON TICK

Anything else to add?

Gannon for me.

But movements in betting markets can be very good indicators of what's going on.

I'd prefer Adams over Penney.

Gannon doesn't seem like a bad shout. I'm yet to hear a decent reason to not have him other than people saying 'no', throw us a frickin bone here if you're in the know. Mickey Adams, hasn't had any success anywhere and had epic failure with Brighton. Calderwood, hardly impressed the Forest fans with loads of money at his disposal, and the same goes for Penney re:Doncaster. Neither of them would be worth a look at. Keith Hill, long ball merchant as is Cotterill and Ronnie (lol). Roeder I don't know that much about or even if he has been ina job since West Ham when to be fair he got a pretty poor deal. Boothroyd would be a decent shout but unlikely to come here. Holloway may be entertaining but I wouldn't say has proved himself to be a great tactician, he had plenty of money at QPR.

There really aren't many on that list who are actually decent managers and within our range. I'd like to see Boothroyd out of that lot but it isn't gonna happen. As others have said Holden may be worth a look. I'm really worried having seen this list to be honest, the vast majority will get us nowhere.

anyone think that Alan Curbishley might want to be our next manager
e

Doubt it, Bob. Will want big bucks, will see himself as a cut above and won't want to move North. But you never know I suppose

Edited by singe