Stockport into admin

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really feel for the fans and hope they pull through.

Don't worry they will pull through, they only went into admin so they didn't have to pay the full debts to creditors. New owners will be in place shortly.

Don't worry they will pull through, they only went into admin so they didn't have to pay the full debts to creditors. New owners will be in place shortly.

10pts off to start with next year will make it harder to attract players, they've already lost a large chunk of the ones they had and they seem set to lose Gannon. Might be a tricky year for them.

This season???

The deadline for the 10 pt deduction was march, hence will be next year, unless stockport finish 9 points above the relegation zone

That's what I thought, but link 2 says:

The club will be fined 10 points by the Football Association but have gathered enough wins during the season to remain in Division One.

10pts off to start with next year will make it harder to attract players, they've already lost a large chunk of the ones they had and they seem set to lose Gannon. Might be a tricky year for them.

any boby decent there still we might be able to bag a bargain????

feel sorry for the fans,but buisness is buisness

any boby decent there still we might be able to bag a bargain????

feel sorry for the fans,but buisness is buisness

It will defo be next season,

otherwise southampton could kick up one hell of a fuss

And not only that,they could be docked further points if the club do not exit admin via CVA?

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Link1

Link2

10 points off this season, but they're still safe. Just.

I can't help but wonder whether one of the clubs who are currently in administration might not find a 'saviour' and actually fold. Southampton will be fine I'm sure, with a new stadium (which they still manage to more or less fill) and good recent pedigree. Clubs like Stockport though, with no assets of which to speak etc and a fairly poor fanbase (similar to us), well, it's hard to see in these days of recession who is going to want to piss good money after bad up the wall.

You can bet your arse though if one goes then more will follow. Very worrying.

Good luck to Stockport for the fans sake.

bit of a farce really.

i feel for the creditors personally...they've known whats been happening and have been shafted.

To be fair, if you have become a creditor of Stockport County you'd have to be have been a complete idiot.

(obviously not including the tax man, fake medics and players)

I can't help but wonder whether one of the clubs who are currently in administration might not find a 'saviour' and actually fold. Southampton will be fine I'm sure, with a new stadium (which they still manage to more or less fill) and good recent pedigree. Clubs like Stockport though, with no assets of which to speak etc and a fairly poor fanbase (similar to us), well, it's hard to see in these days of recession who is going to want to piss good money after bad up the wall.

At this rate League One will turn into a farce like League 2 this season. Thats Saints and Stockport now -10 which kind of devalues the competition from the off.

Also there seems to be a strange coincidence with administration and teams nicknamed The Hatters. Strange but true :unsure:

If anyone, Stockport look in a bad way. The deal with the rugby team is crippling them, and in all reality they are probably best off out of there. No players. No ground. No assets whatsoever. Not exactly an investment opportunity is it?

If anyone, Stockport look in a bad way. The deal with the rugby team is crippling them, and in all reality they are probably best off out of there. No players. No ground. No assets whatsoever. Not exactly an investment opportunity is it?

That's exactly what I'm talking about OS. It was hard enough for us being an unfashionable club in admin in 2003 trying to attract investment, and that was when the markets were riding high.