Would you take him, Donny have released him, he was signed for them under Penney, i wouldnt be suprised to see him here, i would take him, big target man

isnt he at millwall on loan? maybe if he helps them up he will stay with them......even if they dont go up, he will cost them nothing now

isnt he at millwall on loan? maybe if he helps them up he will stay with them......even if they dont go up, he will cost them nothing now

Price would be a great signing BUT only as a squad player, an impact player if you will. He's nver been a regular starter anywhere and his goals record isn't the best, but I'd drfinitely have him at BP. Allow US to bully teams for a change.

I dont think they will come up but Penney may be a factor, if he goes for him i wouldnt be suprised if we got him. I would definately take him, hes strong and if we could get a qucik man to play off him he would be a decent signing.

I'd like Price here. But let's not get carried away by links between manager and players. Price is on Championship wages, and has impressed at Millwall. He won't come cheap on wages and most players will look at things like that!

I'd like Price here. But let's not get carried away by links between manager and players. Price is on Championship wages, and has impressed at Millwall. He won't come cheap on wages and most players will look at things like that!

I agree in principal, but, he has been released from an average Championship club. To get the same pay structure, he would have to go to another Championship club. If there are no takers, he will have to drop down a level, and that's were the manager's connection may prove influential.

You can see the usual 'wait until the last minute' fiasco happening again, but hopefully we will have all of our squad in place by then. :unsure:

I agree in principal, but, he has been released from an average Championship club. To get the same pay structure, he would have to go to another Championship club. If there are no takers, he will have to drop down a level, and that's were the manager's connection may prove influential.

You can see the usual 'wait until the last minute' fiasco happening again, but hopefully we will have all of our squad in place by then. :unsure:

would you keep lee hughes??

Price is a beast and would give us what we need - a big ugly fecker leading the linerand scaring the sh**e out of defenders. with Abbot or even Lewis to feed off him we could be in at the business end next season ! sign him up DP !!

Wrong thread . Hughes would only stay if offered a silly amount of money. He won't be. July 1st he is a free agent. End of.

Sorry Pete but that wasnt the case, Salary was not the issue with Lee staying, the length of contract and another factor was the reason he didnt sign before the Deadline given to him by the club *

After the deadline had passed his offer was taken away so how could he sign an offer that was no longer on the table ?

BOT... I'd sign Price, decent squad player who could bring something new to Bp...

Sorry Pete but that wasnt the case, Salary was not the issue with Lee staying, the length of contract and another factor was the reason he didnt sign before the Deadline given to him by the club *

After the deadline had passed his offer was taken away so how could he sign an offer that was no longer on the table ?

BOT... I'd sign Price, decent squad player who could bring something new to Bp...

I didn't mention the previous offer. I was talking about now. And it would have to be silly offer to keep him now.

I didn't mention the previous offer. I was talking about now. And it would have to be silly offer to keep him now.

I know that if we offered him the same deal we did in Jan and made it 2 years and not one he would sign ...

Its just unfortunate that he isnt savay enough to balance politics and football to have stayed with us...

Although, Lee would have been best suited staying at the club for the last 9 games to help the club than staying for another year or 2 !

The person who let Hughesy go that Transfer deadline day.. I wonder if they now consider that a mistake ? After all we didnt do any better or bleed new players like was memtioned!

Well Penney likes to play big man/little man up front, and I think we need two strikers at least.

Would not surprise me next year if our strikers consisted of ogrady, price, clarke and brooke, maybe chuck in pawel abbott too

Edited by Lookers_Carl

what was the other factor for him not to sign apart from the length of contract wardle?

Well Penney likes to play big man/little man up front, and I think we need two strikers at least.

Would not surprise me next year if our strikers consisted of ogrady, price, clarke and brooke, maybe chuck in pawel abbott too

Doubt Clarke he signed a new deal for them and they like him wouldnt expect them to sell him

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...wed/8009981.stm

Edited by razza699