The retained list

Please note: This is not a thread on our personal preferences on who should stay and who should go. This is a thread on who we think Penney will release/retain

From the out of contract players whose futures we are unsure of, I rec...

Gregan - Released

Wolfy - Released

Maher - Released

Stam - Released

And from the contracted players, I think Whittaker and Lomax will both be told they are free to move on.

Please note: This is not a thread on our personal preferences on who should stay and who should go. This is a thread on who we think Penney will release/retain

Gregan - Released

Wolfy - Released

Maher - Released

Stam - Released

And from the contracted players, I think Whittaker and Lomax will both be told they are free to move on.

i think royle will have told him , there are not many better than gregan in the league, he will stay

Gregan - Released

Wolfy - Released

Maher - Released

Stam - Released

I would agree with most of that, not sure about Wolfy. I think JR will have suggested keeping him.

Gregan is the type of player DP likes and Joe will have sang his praises. Wolfy would also have got a special mention.

Rest to go.

Wolfy I think can count himself rather fortunate if he gets another 12 months. I cant believe he has not been released before now.

Allott has been offered a new contract. Do keep up!

yes but that contract was offered whilst joe was here...

now that penny is here it might be a different tale,he was offered the new deal what a month ago??? and still hasnt signed,so that could be a indication that mr penny doesnt think he is good enough,personally i would say after this season,he would be adequate back up.

personally i think wolfy deserves another year. hes looked lively during his subs appearances since he came bk from injury and as long as his injury problems are behind him he cud be a good asset next year

I have to say im surprised that Wolfy has lasted so long at the club, taking into account his injury proneness and lack of matches. Thats Rugby Ron, Shez and JR who saw something in him that they liked so maybe if he could get himself fit and playing regulary he could show us what he's missing. As DP likes a big man and a small man partnership up front apparently, then maybe he will be looking closely at Wolfy.

Or maybe im completely wrong and he will be released.

I have to say im surprised that Wolfy has lasted so long at the club, taking into account his injury proneness and lack of matches. Thats Rugby Ron, Shez and JR who saw something in him that they liked so maybe if he could get himself fit and playing regulary he could show us what he's missing. As DP likes a big man and a small man partnership up front apparently, then maybe he will be looking closely at Wolfy.

I remember the same argument mate, about the mighty Bosh, i.e. loads of managers rate him so he must be good!

Greegs should be offered a one year extension, and Ratters the same. Perhaps the same should be offered to Maher as well.

As for the rest of them, a pat on the back on the way out of the door along with in-contract Whits and Lomax.

Derek.

small man up top - wolfenden who chests the ball and it goes out for a throw in, or Billy Clarke, scored goals for fun with feet and head, quick, confident and not injury prone...

BYE Wolfy!!

We cant offer Wolf a deal surely not.. We have O'Grady, Lewi (apart from Scunny) Wolf, Smalley (if played up top) who are just not good enough not one of them will get you 15-20 goals a season. If we are going to give Brooke a run next season thats 5 strikers already.

If we can get O'Grady fixed up at another club its a bonus release Wolfy and bring in two strikers maybe Pawel Abbot and Billy Clarke with Lewi and Brooke as backup.

After this season clear the decks..

Re-sign Allot

Release Stam, Maher, JP, Wolf, Greagan (though he will get a contract)

Move on O'Grady, Black and Lomax