oldhams shame

the people of oldham should be ashamed of themseleves Middleton provided over 500 season tickets FACT if not more at boundary park last season considering there was only about 3500 season ticket holders inall last year that is pathetic from the actual residents of Oldham, you on this message board all complain about the amount of plastic reds in your town, yet middleton is classed as manchester and it is beginning to feel more and more like we are sopporting latics more than the actual people of oldham, over 50 latics had to put up with champions champions and argentina argentia from so called reds who you can tell have never even set foot in old trafford 2nite. with no support coming from the actual town how r we ever goin to get out of this division and start to get some pride back, someting is seriously wrong with the oldham public and next year i can only see it getting worse!

FED UP MIDDLETON LATIC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the people of oldham should be ashamed of themseleves Middleton provided over 500 season tickets FACT if not more at boundary park last season considering there was only about 3500 season ticket holders inall last year that is pathetic from the actual residents of Oldham, you on this message board all complain about the amount of plastic reds in your town, yet middleton is classed as manchester and it is beginning to feel more and more like we are sopporting latics more than the actual people of oldham, over 50 latics had to put up with champions champions and argentina argentia from so called reds who you can tell have never even set foot in old trafford 2nite. with no support coming from the actual town how r we ever goin to get out of this division and start to get some pride back, someting is seriously wrong with the oldham public and next year i can only see it getting worse!

FED UP MIDDLETON LATIC

Perhaps all these people reading this board can start attending games then..........oh wait..............hang on...........................

Middleton carries Manchester postcode, but comes under Rochdale Council. Like Failsworth with M postcode but under Oldham Council.

I know I know.

I simply shouldn't have bothered responding to such a pointless post with, well, another pointless post.

Despite this, here goes ....

WE R OLDHAM, what do you suggest is done about it? What ideas do you have to invigorate the club and attract new support or regain lapsed support? Not just from the people of Oldham, but also Tameside, Rochdale, Manchester etc?

Why do you think support for two nearby Premiership clubs should be different in Oldham, Royton, Chadderton etc when compared to Middleton?

Edited by opinions4u

FED UP MIDDLETON LATIC

Preaching to the converted? Or Simon Corney's clone? Either way jog on!

Perhaps not an articulate original post, but there is a point in and amongst that - there are quite a few Midds who support Latics and we also get sizeable number from Rochdale and Tameside..now perhaps some of these are Oldhamers who have moved out of the Borough for one reason or another...but there just aren't enough people from Oldham going to BP (today's statement of the bleeding obvious :D )

the people of oldham should be ashamed of themseleves Middleton provided over 500 season tickets FACT

Well done Middleton :icon_peace:

Anyone konw how many season tickets holders Rochdale provides ? (should this include the Middleton 500 as it's under Rochdale Council Control)

FED UP MIDDLETON LATIC

So how far is middleton from Oldham then? I know people further away with season tickets whats your point? People make choices on what they want to do thats why there is so many munichs- who call them selves united fans latics cant persuade these pricks to attend latics

So how far is middleton from Oldham then? I know people further away with season tickets whats your point? People make choices on what they want to do thats why there is so many munichs- who call them selves united fans latics cant persuade these pricks to attend latics

I have heard that Middleton doesn't feel very much part of Rochdale and would welcome a transfer to either Manchester or Oldham. Perhaps this would be a good reason for this to happen, though then again, OMBC probably wouldn't like more latics supporting council tax payers.

I have heard that Middleton doesn't feel very much part of Rochdale and would welcome a transfer to either Manchester or Oldham. Perhaps this would be a good reason for this to happen, though then again, OMBC probably wouldn't like more latics supporting council tax payers.

middleton wants to be an independant,on its own...when it was run by manchester council langley was spawned and got the dreggs of manchester council estates,it was used as an overspill estate,somewhere to put the numptys so to speak.

manchester council didnt want the upkeep of such an estate and a town that was pretty far from it so a deal was done with rochdale coucil to take over x amount of council homes,the vast majority in boarshaw,moorclose,hollins,middleton junction,alkrington and rhodes,they didnt want langley.

rochdale council happily take the rent and council tax from middleton,but dont want to spend money on it,the new arena was paid for by tesco because they wanted the land for a superstore.

middleton has pockets all over town of reds and blues and on past occasions closed all pubs on derby days to avoid problems.

i know of at least 20 people in middleton who are tics fans,and proud of it.

i do believe,and have believed for a long time that latics needs to involve itself more with towns on its borders,and middleton is a good example.

until the club actually employ a decent marketing and promotions team it will never take advantage of those fans dissinterested with the premier league looking to support for want of a better word,grass roots team.

It just goes to show that it means nothing how many people live inside a particular postcode or borough. Oldham isn't a distinct town in the way that Burnley or Preston for example are, it's not necessarily how people define themselves or their loyalties.

I have heard that Middleton doesn't feel very much part of Rochdale and would welcome a transfer to either Manchester or Oldham.

MANCHESTER :ranting: Don't think so my friend.

We want to be on our own RMBC do cock all around here,Yes the place is a :censored: hole but the council want everything for Rochdale,We might be having the biggest Tesco's in the world built,but we will still be Rochdales poor relation..........

Back on topic.....In the glory years there used to be special buses running from midd to B.P,latics stuff on every other car that passed you by,now theres me,a few posters on here and semoore(even he lives in chadd) :disappointed:

Season ticket holder Lancaster, worth the effort

Oldham Till I Die

Well done for traveling all that way. Every little helps. It really does not matter where people are from the bigger the catchment area the better. Maybe we should target more people from places like Manchester, Rochdale etc..

FED UP MIDDLETON LATIC

Welcome to OWTB.

Please go to a computer class, and learn about the location and usage of the shift key.

Thanks.