Andy Holt/Hughes

Heard a rumour - mate works for a long time sponsor within the club - that these two are on Penney's radar as potental signings.

Anyone any views positive/negative on this?

For me Holt would fit the bill nicely for Left back and I wouldn't be against Hughes coming back.

Same guy reckons that Abbott is more likely to sign for Huddersfield than us but that may in turn lead to us signing Jevons.

Heard a rumour - mate works for a long time sponsor within the club - that these two are on Penney's radar as potental signings.

For me Holt would fit the bill nicely for Left back and I wouldn't be against Hughes coming back.

Same guy reckons that Abbott is more likely to sign for Huddersfield than us but that may in turn lead to us signing Jevons.

There is no way that Huddersfield will be signing Abbott. They are cash rich at the moment and are looking at targets a class above.

Holt and Hughes would be a significant step back for us. Luckily, your :sauce: has clearly been on the :sauce: with his Abbott comments so lets not get too worried!

Holt, hmm. That would be alright.

Hughes. I would sign faster than Usain Bolt being chased by a pack of rabid dogs.

Andy Holt (who played in defence for Northampton, who were relegated and is 31, who signed a 2 year deal last year -not trying to put you off or anything!) or Grant Holt !?

Edited by singe

dear god nnnnnoooooooooooooo

Jevons 3 or 4 years ago maybe but he's been very poor for hudders since he joined them and i think we can do better than that.

I hope abbott does sign for us because i believe injury free he will bang the goals in at this level. maybe no the 27 or 28 he got a few seasons ago but cud very well be pushing for 20.

I loved Mark Hughes when he was here. Stunned and shocked when he left. But his subsequent career suggests it was the correct move. I'd be very surprised if we re-signed him.

While we are at it lets get Corrazzin Killkenny John Eyre and Boshell back

I loved Mark Hughes when he was here. Stunned and shocked when he left. But his subsequent career suggests it was the correct move. I'd be very surprised if we re-signed him.

Mark Hughes is far too old now. Was a decent player years ago. Plus what makes you think he'd leave the management role at Man City to make a playing return for us? I just can't see it myself. I'd rather have Zola any day.

Mark Hughes is far too old now. Was a decent player years ago. Plus what makes you think he'd leave the management role at Man City to make a playing return for us? I just can't see it myself. I'd rather have Zola any day.

I can't see Zola coming back. Crewe would want to re-coup the 200K. How did RM pull that off (no jokes re pulling off thanks)

Edited by Lags

Yes I got the joke re Zola. I just carried it on!

ARe you talking to yourself Lags or have you more than one login!!!!!

QUOTE (Lags @ May 21 2009, 12:20 PM)

I ca't see Zola coming back. Crewe would want to re-coup the 200K. How did RM pull that off (no jokes re pulling off thanks)

Yes I got the joke re Zola. I just carried it on!

Edited by singe