Scholes...... Again !

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is being negative seen as a problem?

After all we've seen regarding OAFC over the last fifteen years there's probably something wrong with you if you aren't negative.

Sorry CJ for not getting back to you. Have been out beiing productive. Look it up.

So it seems that you are now saying that you are negative, indeed that if anyone isn't negative thay are abnormal.

Most organisational psychologists would hold to the opinion that when times are difficult being positive can help turn the situation around. Constant negative posturing, apparently, demotivates everyone and leads to an increase in apathy . Do you want that ? It seems that you are more interested in being seen as correct than anything else.

Sorry CJ for not getting back to you. Have been out beiing productive. Look it up.

So it seems that you are now saying that you are negative, indeed that if anyone isn't negative thay are abnormal.

Most organisational psychologists would hold to the opinion that when times are difficult being positive can help turn the situation around. Constant negative posturing, apparently, demotivates everyone and leads to an increase in apathy . Do you want that ? It seems that you are more interested in being seen as correct than anything else.

So you've been at work? So have I and, I would imagine, most regulars on here, although what this has to do with the price of fish I don't know.

What I'm saying is that, yes, I do feel very negative about the club, based on the experience of the last fifteen years (and very disillusioned with the way the game as a whole has gone.) However, I thought that would have already been obvious.

Yours is one view of things, and a perfectly legitimate one. Another way of looking at it is to say that looking a situation squarely in the face is more beneficial. It isn't posturing any more than you are posturing. I've said before that I used to be very much an optimist when it comes to all things Latics; something that the last decade and a half have knocked out of me. Can't help that, I'm afraid.

When you consider that no 50-80 people ever seem to be reading these boards at any one time, that some of them at least probably don't read my posts and most of those that do reject my views, then my guess is that my views have demotivated nobody.

Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra has lifted the lid on his team's pampered lifestyle - admitting he even rings someone to rush over and change a lightbulb. Evra says he can call player liaison manager Barry Moorhouse night or day.

(Full story: Daily Mirror)

So that's what we have to compete with.

"Mr hardy ? It's Paul here. There's summat wrong with the lamp in the kitchen. Can you send someone to fix it?"

"Just let me finish eating this nipper Paul. I'll send young Alessandra round. He could do with sticking his finger in a socket".

Edited by LaticsPete

Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra has lifted the lid on his team's pampered lifestyle - admitting he even rings someone to rush over and change a lightbulb. Evra says he can call player liaison manager Barry Moorhouse night or day.

(Full story: Daily Mirror)

So that's what we have to compete with.

"Mr hardy ? It's Paul here. There's summat wrong with the lamp in the kitchen. Can you send someone to fix it?"

"Just let me finish eating this nipper Paul. I'll send young Alessandra round. He could do with sticking his finger in a socket".

Very good,

I think the reason for Wolfys contract extension becomes clearer......

I saw Scholes walking through Clarksfield yesterday, again (I mean where else would you expect to see one of the finest international midfielders of a generation?). He was wearing a T-shirt which read :censored: Corporal Jones

Mark, I appreciate you feel it necessary to remove the 'F' word, but you could have maintained the jist of the post/joke.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

I saw Scholes walking through Clarksfield yesterday, again (I mean where else would you expect to see one of the finest international midfielders of a generation?). He was wearing a T-shirt which read :censored: .

:laught16:

I saw Scholes walking through Clarksfield yesterday, again (I mean where else would you expect to see one of the finest international midfielders of a generation?). He was wearing a T-shirt which read :censored: .

There's more chance of him actually doing that than signing for Latics.

There's more chance of him actually doing that than signing for Latics.

I'm not kidding - it's actually the third time I've seen him in Clarksfield.

Regarding his fetching T-Shirt......there could be a new OWTB range. "I Am Senor" could be one, with a ladies equivalent of "Watch Out, Leeslover's About".

I'm not kidding - it's actually the third time I've seen him in Clarksfield.

Regarding his fetching T-Shirt......there could be a new OWTB range. "I Am Senor" could be one, with a ladies equivalent of "Watch Out, Leeslover's About".

And, of course, CJ's own: "'ere, Scholesy... in here, sunshine."

:lol:

I imagine the proposed new stadium is with part time football in mind. :wink:

Whether the plan comes together remains to be seen... :pray:

I know what the stadium redevelopment plan is for. We currently have a three-sided ground which shouts Conference football with every passing week while the economy continues to run on empty, and are filling the squad with fourth division players. Meanwhile the only noises coming out of the BP offices carry news of unrealistic targets they know very well won't be met.

Go figure, as our transalantic cousins like to say.