• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A class performance against a side who quite clearly didn't know how to 'get the ball back!'

Instead of the famous children's books 'Where's Wally' i'm thinking of re-creating a picture of 5ft 7" Lionel Messi rattling that header in the back of the onion bag and asking "Where's Rio?" the problem with this though, is that unlike the Wally books, you'll never find Rio!!

It's a poor do for our red counterparts when their only outfield player to come out with any credit was O Shea!

Carrick looked out of his depth, along with Anderson - why Englands best centre forward was stood on the wing like a shop dummy for 88 minutes, only Fergie will know.

As for Ronaldo :laught30::laught16:

A fabulous display of simple pass and move football. It doesn't look as exciting as a winger skinning a full back and whipping a cross in, but it certainly stifled Uniteds creativity and was a joy to watch.

Xavi, Messi and Iniesta were outstanding, and proved that if you work for each other and put yourself in a position to receive a quick return pass, you can walk through any team in the world.

I'd love to see us playing that style - it's effective enough to score 2 against united, and would surely be good for a bag full against League One opposition (You'd need a lot of support from refs though, as most teams would end up trying to kick you off the park).

If irony died the day Henry Kissinger won the Nobel Peace Prize, Ronaldo pissed all over irony's grave when he kept complaining about Barcelona's 'diving'. Did he have a shot on target tonight?

Free Kick early in the game - bounced just in front of the keeper who could only push it away - and Pique cleared before Park could get the touch. :bounce:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new..._defeat?rss=yes

look at the comments from their fantastic, loyal and local support, from north carolina, county kerry, devon, doncaster and blackpool :shock:

6,000 miles to city centre Manchester !!!!!!! Now I know why I hate them so

Oh my god some of these lot are deluded

Alex Tucker, 26, a retail worker from Devon, said: "I am absolutely devastated. Barcelona didn't even play well." :blink:

Alan Joey, 19, an engineer from County Kerry in Ireland, said: "It is unbelievable. It is crazy. Barcelona played defensively and deserved to win. When the first goal went in it went down hill from there. " Despite barca having more shots.

FFS If Fergie of all people can hold his hands up and admit to being beaten by a better team, then you'd expect some of these lot to.

A class performance against a side who quite clearly didn't know how to 'get the ball back!'

Instead of the famous children's books 'Where's Wally' i'm thinking of re-creating a picture of 5ft 7" Lionel Messi rattling that header in the back of the onion bag and asking "Where's Rio?" the problem with this though, is that unlike the Wally books, you'll never find Rio!!

It's a poor do for our red counterparts when their only outfield player to come out with any credit was O Shea!

Carrick looked out of his depth, along with Anderson - why Englands best centre forward was stood on the wing like a shop dummy for 88 minutes, only Fergie will know.

As for Ronaldo :laught30::laught16:

Don't rate Carrick at all. Was outclassed by the same midfield for Spain against England in Seville. De Ja Vu again last night.

So slow on the ball, looks good when he has the time and space to pick out his hollywood 40 yard balls across the pitch spreading the play. Up against 2 decent midfielders like last night, as you say out of his depth.

One is owned by its fans, the other has sold its soul to the evils of capitalism. One wears the mark of corrupt bankers upon its shirt, the other sports the logo of unicef bringing hope to poor everywere. One has the cross of christ on its badge, the other has satan. Its the ultimate good versus evil. There could only have been one winner - viva el Barca!

:grin:

dont think even united fans could try and complain about getting unlucky or any other excuse, first 8 mins aside it was an absolute cakewalk and iniesta was immense. think everyone on here is giving credit to Barca but it just makes it that extra bit sweeter that it was against the scummiest club in world football

On the subject of irony, the ManUre fans on the BBC Sport website are taking it better than those on here and actually giving credit to Barca...

Well put Dave but my comment was ambiguous - it should have said:

"the ManUre fans on the BBC Sport website are taking it better than the ManUre fans on here on here and actually giving credit to Barca..." :grin:

Edited by martjs

They have also cancelled the runners up parade...... As a thoughtful gesture .. after so many fans travelled to Rome it would be cruel to make them travel to Manchester as well :grin:

PMSL! That's so funny! :lol:

One is owned by its fans, the other has sold its soul to the evils of capitalism. One wears the mark of corrupt bankers upon its shirt, the other sports the logo of unicef bringing hope to poor everywere. One has the cross of christ on its badge, the other has satan. Its the ultimate good versus evil. There could only have been one winner - viva el Barca!

haha nice one

However any religious symbol is evil to me, luckily to me the "st george's flag" as I see it is next to the catalan signifies that little bit of Enlgish (me) in Catalunya :)

Er don't you mean corrupt insurance company....either that or the people I work for are insured by bankers!

I've said many times on here my dislike for ManUre stems from the inabiliity of Taggart to accept defeat magnanimously and from the unfairness of the grace and favours handed to the club by those in authority, all of which results in the arrogance of the average Red.

I used to work with the only ManUre fan I have ever met who tells it like it is. When they beat Bayern Munich in the 1999 Final he summed it up in two words - "jammy bastards".

Last night Taggart was magnanimous in defeat and I would like to think he has changed his attitude, but I have witnessed false dawns like that on the odd previous occasion, so I won't be holding my breath.

In reading a link in a post above I stumbled across another ManUre fan who tells it like it is.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/fanzine_fan...thy-losers.html

Respect for that man!