Tiananmen Square

Ackey

The BNP are the only party saying anything close to what many of the British public want to hear on Immigration. Fortunately for the Etonians that run this country we have a global economic crisis and an MP expenses scandal that currently massively overshadow the immigration issue - if it were not for this I personally would expect a big BNP vote.

I voted Green.

Not sure I agree with you there. The British Public may be looking for a more hard line attitude for immigration*, but no where near to the extent of the BNP. I would expect that people would revert back to the main parties for a General Election, whatever the main issues.

*Hell, I think it should be (something along the lines of the Australia way of doing things looks good to me).

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: Why did you vote for them?

Il be completely honest with you and it would be because i didnt have a real clue of the policies about any of the other smaller parties (including UKIP), i was never going to vote BNP, i have an idea of the major parties policies (i think) but felt id vote for a smaller party for a change. I think in future im just going to vote for any of the major parites unless one of the smaller ones really sways me. To be fair for this election, i only knew it was happeniing til the last minute and had no real chance to weigh up each party!

Edited by Oafc88

Il be completely honest with you and it would be because i didnt have a real clue of the policies about any of the other smaller parties (including UKIP), i was never going to vote BNP, i have an idea of the major parties policies (i think) but felt id vote for a smaller party for a change. I think in future im just going to vote for any of the major parites unless one of the smaller ones really sways me. To be fair for this election, i only knew it was happeniing til the last minute and had no real chance to weigh up each party!

Bah! Ignore the naysayers. The UKIP are not the BNP, or anything near. There is nothing wrong with the lesser parties if it is what you believe in (even if that is the BNP, so be it). However, research your vote as it is the only one you get for years on end. Many, many, years on end.

Not sure I agree with you there. The British Public may be looking for a more hard line attitude for immigration*, but no where near to the extent of the BNP. I would expect that people would revert back to the main parties for a General Election, whatever the main issues.

*Hell, I think it should be (something along the lines of the Australia way of doing things looks good to me).

We aren't far off in this aspect, aside from the EU countries, you have to have a marketable occupation/skill set to get in (kinda like the Austrailian points system). To give you a clue what this entails- doctors were not in the top level as between us and the EU people who want to come we have enough, I think we even deported some as they had the right to train but not to practice so 1 year out of uni we said bye bye. It didn't matter that maybe some of these are better than what we have they ain't getting in.

...if it were not for this I personally would expect a big BNP vote.

I'm not sure about that. And what they are saying may be what some are thinking, but it certainly isn't right.

The media did not have to dig far to find the BNP’s racism and shamefulness, which led Richard Pendlebury in the Mail on Sunday to describe it as “a marginal group with a rotten ideological core”. There was the embarrassing Activists’ and Organisers’ Handbook, which found it necessary to tell members not to look and behave like thugs and banned them from setting up local BNP websites and blogs because “they can’t write proper English” and “get carried away promoting cyberspace conspiracy theories which, even if true, strike the public as barking mad”.

Then there was the Language and Discipline Manual, which instructed members not to refer to “Black Britons” and “Asian Britons” because “such persons do not exist”. Exposure forced party bosses quickly to rewrite it.

The media revis-ited other episodes that the BNP would have prefer-red forgotten, such as the participation of its deputy leader, Simon Darby, at a fascist conference in Milan in April, where he was greeted by fascist stiff-right-arm salutes. The BNP’s claim that Private Johnson Beharry did not deserve his Victoria Cross and was only awarded it because he was black came back to haunt the party.

Darby came out with a clumsy attack on the Archbishop of York, John Sentamu, describing him as an “ambitious African” and referring to his fellow Ugandans as spear-throwers. The BNP demanded that a banned Ku Klux Klan leader should be allowed to enter Britain, but was less keen on Gurkhas, with Griffin on Radio 5 Live describing them as “mercenaries” and saying, “We don’t think the most overcrowded country in Europe can realistically say, ‘Look, you can all come and all your relatives’.”

They are a political joke, and not even in the same sense that Screaming Lord Such and the Monster Raving Loony Party was - they are far more politically astute than BNP will ever be...

I'm not sure about that. And what they are saying may be what some are thinking, but it certainly isn't right.

They are a political joke, and not even in the same sense that Screaming Lord Such and the Monster Raving Loony Party was - they are far more politically astute than BNP will ever be...

We all know they're a joke and the man on the street would not really want them in power, but the man in the street is scared of his kids being a minority in an Islamic country.

Edited by Yard Dog

We aren't far off in this aspect, aside from the EU countries, you have to have a marketable occupation/skill set to get in (kinda like the Austrailian points system). To give you a clue what this entails- doctors were not in the top level as between us and the EU people who want to come we have enough, I think we even deported some as they had the right to train but not to practice so 1 year out of uni we said bye bye. It didn't matter that maybe some of these are better than what we have they ain't getting in.

First - trying to read this two-theme-topic whilst hungover is not easy. But it's worth it.

I think there is a vast misconception in this country as to our immigration policy - which is "supported" by parties such as the BNP to gain votes. As you rightly say, there is a very well structured system in place to ensure that only those with the desired skills enter the UK to work. It's not a perfect system, what is, but it works as well as can be hoped.

The Aussies, despite what many think, have the same problems with illegal immigration and over stayers that we do, it's simply because we're here and not there that we know of our problems and not theirs. It could be argued that we have a problem with inner-EU immigration, however this is again somewhat of a misconception. "People are stealing our jobs" being the most often outspoken aspect of this is daft. If people from EU countries are willing to come here and work the low paid and low skilled jobs that Britons consider below them then we need those people. If Britons will happily sit on the dole and do nothing then the problem is with the welfare state and not the immigration policy.

As for Anti-Vax, well, its madness as far as I can tell. As you point out RM, the case study which founded the entire movement is so unfathomably flawed it's an outright disgrace. If I were so tragically unfortunate as to have a child die as a result of an MMR illness I would do everything in my power to prosecute him for manslaughter. He as a lot of blood on his hands and how he sleeps at night I will never know. (oh, and as you rightly point out my egg allergy as a child meant I couldn't have my jabs (I've since grown out of it and had them) and if that was today I would be at a significant risk from these previously controlled diseases.)

We all know they're a joke and the man on the street would not really want them in power, but the man in the street is scared of his kids being a minority in an Islamic country.

Then that man is a quite magnificent idiot!! I'd use another word, but I'd then have to moderate myself and that's just silly.

Population:

Christian - 41 million (forty one!)

Muslim - 1.5 million (one and a half!!)

Or if you like percentages:

71%

2.8%

Hell, even the sensible people of "no religion" are at 15%!!

Now I could argue about the problems of a Christian country all day. But the minority complex of whites in this county will always astound me.

Now I could argue about the problems of a Christian country all day. But the minority complex of whites in this county will always astound me.

I completely agree, but what does irk your vast majority (in terms of population) is the positive discrimination against them. This must win the BNP virtually all their votes from normal people, and it is normal people that vote for them in the main.

NB. Am I allowed to piss myself laughing at the first seat for the BNP yesterday being Padiham where my mum was brought up. I remember as a lad she said about the kids at her school (Ashfield Valley 98% Pakistani) "I wish they'd send them all home", she might not have meant it in a BNP manner more of a teacher wanting to go home early way, but now I wonder...

I completely agree, but what does irk your vast majority (in terms of population) is the positive discrimination against them. This must win the BNP virtually all their votes from normal people, and it is normal people that vote for them in the main.

Not aimed at you mate - but positive discrimination comes from all minorities. Disabled people, for example, 'benefit' from positive discrimination. Should we 'send them back' too?

Not aimed at you mate - but positive discrimination comes from all minorities. Disabled people, for example, 'benefit' from positive discrimination. Should we 'send them back' too?

Many people benefit from discrimination, that is the whole point of it.

Disabled people should be given a level playing field, as should women, non-whites, whatever. They should not be given an advantage. That is wrong, and what is currently happening.

Put it the other way round and think how abhorrent it would be with women, disabled people and BME's not given a chance because they are birds, disabled or black.

Disabled people should be given a level playing field, as should women, non-whites, whatever. They should not be given an advantage. That is wrong, and what is currently happening.

Put it the other way round and think how abhorrent it would be with women, disabled people and BME's not given a chance because they are birds, disabled or black.

I agree with the point about positive discrimination, I just wanted to show that whilst it's used by racists as a vote winner they don't use it 'against' the disabled. It says alot about their mentality.

The main benificiaries of discrimination in this country are people who are too :censored:ing lazy to get off their arses and get a job, support their families, pay their way. I'm not talking about people who find themselves out of work for one reason or another, I know there many on here who have or currently are in that position at the moment, I mean those for who it is a career choice. People (of whatever colour) who choose to live off everyone else's work far outnumber Muslims, the disabled, arueably gays, Gingers, Rangers supporters, or many other minority groups. The BNP are special in that their particular prejudices have a party devoted to them, I have a sneaking suspicion that the BNP would have a lot less activists if my Deport Bone Idle People Party seizes power.

Fair enough. Don't consider that to be a particularly well thought out opinion though.

Slightly harsh when you haven't tried me on any particulars? As you will see from my post, I don't oppose it from a nationalistic perspective, if you can convince me that trade barriers in the name of free trade or centralised subsidy of nationalised industries in the name of competition are good things, I am willing to listen or at least debate. As it is, I think you could switch the whole shambles down overnight and the only people to notice the next day would be those whose expense cheques didn't land and the businesses who had got a jump over their rivals through lobbying and, "other persuasion."

Indeed, very sad day.

In the same year that the US breaks down it's biggest racial barrier to show the world what understanding and acceptance can bring you we elect a former National Front leader.

Now you can BS me about the BNP all you want. They can claim, wrongly, to be a political party and not racists. But to me the NF was never more than a militant racist group. One of their leaders now represents the UK in Europe.

I'm ashamed of being British for the first time in my life.

Slightly harsh when you haven't tried me on any particulars? As you will see from my post, I don't oppose it from a nationalistic perspective, if you can convince me that trade barriers in the name of free trade or centralised subsidy of nationalised industries in the name of competition are good things, I am willing to listen or at least debate. As it is, I think you could switch the whole shambles down overnight and the only people to notice the next day would be those whose expense cheques didn't land and the businesses who had got a jump over their rivals through lobbying and, "other persuasion."

Harsh perhaps but then again I think your view of their not being one good point to be harsh also. I'm not trying to convince you that its a good thing, just find it hard to see how their can not be any good points at all.

:ranting:

I'm a little bit annoyed that the BNP got in. However I think it might have been sange-froid if the BNP had been elected in Yorkshire and Humber and not in the North West because it would have made a mockery of the MEN frankly ridiculous, borderline illegal, campaign against them. But the fact that the BNP has been elected in the North West has bought me a little bit of a chuckle as I hate the MEN that much (personal reason). I suspect I won't be laughing in the future though.

According to the Chron'.... :

BNP picks up 5,435 Oldham votes

Oldham had a 30 per cent turnout, with a total of 47,060 votes.

Labour earned the biggest number, with 9,849, closely followed by the Conservatives with 9,182 and the Lib Dems with 8,778 and UKIP was fourth on the list with 7,402 votes