Richards Part Exchange

It's been mentioned that there's a good chance that Micah Richards could move to Arsenal in a part exchange deal for Kolo Toure. If this was to happen what would the implications be with regards to our sell on clause with the player?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been mentioned that there's a good chance that Micah Richards could move to Arsenal in a part exchange deal for Kolo Toure. If this was to happen what would the implications be with regards to our sell on clause with the player?

He's also been linked with a swap for Lescott at Everton, who is supposedly valued at £12m, but City could say Richards + say £4m, but no-one would really know the true value of the deal. A swap like this is City trying to pay us as little as possible to us.

He's also been linked with a swap for Lescott at Everton, who is supposedly valued at £12m, but City could say Richards + say £4m, but no-one would really know the true value of the deal. A swap like this is City trying to pay us as little as possible to us.

Ye i thought so. If they we're to just sell him at the 6 million price tag he's been given City would have to splash out about 1.2 million to us which they'd never be able to afford with their current finances would they!!

I seem to recall Peterborough getting done over by spurs when Mathew Etherington moved to West Ham in a swap deal a few years ago. They were due a large percentage like we are but Spurs claimed he was only worth around a £100,000 when really everyone knew he was worth £2-3 million at the time. It ended up getting settled but still Peterborough didn't get as much as they should of done.

Depends where it's been mentioned. If it was a tabloid dismiss everything; in fact don't even bother reading the article as it will be complete fabrication.

gary cook the city exec has once siad he didnt know about richards contract up until only a year ago and said he is going to try and swap richards so they dont have to splash the money over to us if they had sold him for say 15mill, this was also the guy who said there should be no promotion or relegation from the premier league, cook you k*** you was in division 3 5 years ago

what about southampton

leeds

norwich

charlton

oldham

forest

sheff wedneday

sheff united

how do you sort the league out???, you cant, f*** off you p**** and do the right thing and shut up and sell richards for 25mill :grin:

hate the guy after he made the two most stupiest comments in football

gary cook the city exec has once siad he didnt know about richards contract up until only a year ago and said he is going to try and swap richards so they dont have to splash the money over to us if they had sold him for say 15mill, this was also the guy who said there should be no promotion or relegation from the premier league, cook you k*** you was in division 3 5 years ago

what about southampton

leeds

norwich

charlton

oldham

forest

sheff wedneday

sheff united

how do you sort the league out???, you cant, f*** off you p**** and do the right thing and shut up and sell richards for 25mill :grin:

hate the guy after he made the two most stupiest comments in football

I'm not sure he has anything to gain has he? If he goes for £15M then City have to give us £3M and they still get £12M. If he goes in a swap deal they only get £4M, so surely a sale is better than a swap from a financial perspective?

But I agree Cook is a p****

I'm not sure he has anything to gain has he? If he goes for £15M then City have to give us £3M and they still get £12M. If he goes in a swap deal they only get £4M, so surely a sale is better than a swap from a financial perspective?

But I agree Cook is a p****

well thats what i thought, cant understand him sometimes thats why i dont like him.... just thinks he is bigger and better than everyone else

Edited by kellysheroes

I was wondering this aswell

Edited by razza699

I was wondering this aswell

I think we need to find out who is on the Tribunal, use the Daily Telegraph to find their expenses and start a campaign for them top treat little clubs like us better and not be in the pockets of the greedy league!!

gary cook the city exec has once siad he didnt know about richards contract up until only a year ago and said he is going to try and swap richards so they dont have to splash the money over to us if they had sold him for say 15mill.

When did he say this and where was he quoted?

The Tax Office may have an answer!

:o

And if City were planning on wriggling out of the deal, how likely is it that their Chief Executive would announce it on national TV?

Even less likely than the Oldham Athletic chairman confirming official claims of a once bottom 4 budget when he was infact self-funding a hefty budget all along?

Even less likely than the Oldham Athletic chairman confirming official claims of a once bottom 4 budget when he was infact self-funding a hefty budget all along?

I wonder if we will start the coming season with a budget that seems to somehow fluctuate throughout the season depending on how the team peforms?

Budgets as a weapon of spin, emotional blackmail and manipulation. Even Alistair Campbell didn't think of that one.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Ye i thought so. If they we're to just sell him at the 6 million price tag he's been given City would have to splash out about 1.2 million to us which they'd never be able to afford with their current finances would they!!

The more they have, the more they want.

maybe they need every penny they can get to fund the kaka deal.....although tseems theyve lost out on that to real madrid

If Kaka would have come they could afford to pay any amount asked (not that they necessarily would.) That's why they're unlikely to be worrying about the sell-on fee for Richards.

Guest FyldeBlue

This is usually quite a straightforward process, depending on what Arsenal value their player at ?... is it more or less than Micah Richards ?...I don't know and have seen dozens of values quoted up to £25m at one point.

In this present situation and in particular in the Premiership I cannot see City or anyone else selling Micah Richards for less than £10m.

If for example Arsenal value their player at £15m and City value Richards at £12m, City will pay Arsenal £3m and Latics will still be entitled to a 20% cut of the Richards value regardless, so in this case we would get £2.4m

However there are other situations when players decide they want to leave and I doubt either of these players want to leave either club and it may be paper talk once again, Micah was reported to have had a pay rise and new 4 year deal only about 1 year ago and it is claimed he is now on £60k per week.

But if both players want to leave and both Clubs agree to let them go and can't agree any fees it will then go to a Tribunal who will put a value on both players and we will again get our 20% of the valuation of Micah Richards, so even if City are prepared (for saving themselves money) to accept just £6m for Richards as far as I am aware of the ruling we will still be entitled to £1.2m from City and no doubt City would try to engineer something whereby Arsenal paid the fee we are entitled to.

The other point is has Micah asked for a Transfer ?.....it makes a massive difference because if he has not asked to go he will be entitled to a 10% cut of the final fee that he is valued at, so if City try to undervalue him it will only work against them as is true value comes down to the Tribunal... who are usually with it when it comes to the Premiership.

Clear as mud that eh !!!