Four Player to Sign

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the reports, he is one of those fabled mystical creatures from time of yore... rumoured to exist but rarely seen at BP.....

.... a creative midfielder....

no mention of him being released would need a fair bit of compo according to McCall

Are we taking it that 3 of these 4 deals have been hijacked then? I'm assuming Jacobson is one of the 4, but it seems odd that we had it reported that 4 deals had been agreed and only 1 has actually gone through. Everyone pay close attention to Doncaster's signings. :ranting:

Are we taking it that 3 of these 4 deals have been hijacked then? I'm assuming Jacobson is one of the 4, but it seems odd that we had it reported that 4 deals had been agreed and only 1 has actually gone through. Everyone pay close attention to Doncaster's signings. :ranting:

I get the feeling they were all due to come back off holiday this week, but three of them have decided "balls to that, I'm staying in the sun on the piss* another week if I'm about to be beasted during pre-season.

* for the reasons of keeping kneejerk reactions for a minimum they're really enjoying family holidays and drinking responsibly.

SInce it was announced, the following transfers have gone through.

A couple that might have been realistic, though hardly any

Transfers - June 2009

19 June

Joe Jacobson [bristol Rovers - Oldham] Free

*Michael Nelson [Hartlepool - Norwich] Free

Zesh Rehman [QPR - Bradford] Free

*Josh Scott [Hayes & Yeading - Dagenham & Redbridge] Free

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 June

Courtney Cameron [Northampton - Aston Villa] Undisclosed

Ben Chorley [Tranmere - Leyton Orient] Undisclosed

Danny Foster [Dagenham & Redbridge - Brentford] Undisclosed

Michael Haswell [AFC Wimbledon - Grays] Undisclosed

Sam Saunders [Dagenham & Redbridge - Brentford] Undisclosed

Ben Strevens [Dagenham & Redbridge - Brentford] Undisclosed

Lee Williamson [Watford - Sheffield United] Undisclosed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 June

Toumani Diagouraga [Hereford - Peterborough] Undisclosed

Aaron O'Connor [Mansfield - Rushden and Diamonds] Free

:disappointed::grin: Dean Windass [Hull City - Darlington] Free

------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

16 June

Owain Tudur Jones [swansea - Norwich] £250,000

* Stephen Kelly [birmingham - Fulham] Free

* Jason Crowe [Northampton - Leeds] Free

Chris Swailes [Hamilton - Gateshead] Free

15 June

Matthew Edwards [unattached - Rochdale]

Tommy Fraser [unattached - Port Vale]

Nenad Milijas [Red Star Belgrade - Wolves] Undisclosed

Heinz Muller [barnsley - FSV Mainz 05] £600,000

12 June

Craig Farrell [York - Rushden]

Simon Ramsden [Rochdale - Bradford] Free

Michael Rankine [Rushden - York] £10,000

Scott Dann [Coventry - Birmingham] Undisclosed

Edited by singe

Zesh Rehman was one according to Bradford paper.

Rehman: City move felt right

Zesh Rehman signed a two-year deal with City last night after snubbing higher-division interest.

Luke O’Brien, Joe Colbeck and Leon Osborne are also putting pen to paper as Stuart McCall’s squad continues to take shape.

Rehman said: "There were a couple of other clubs from a higher league but this just felt right.

"My gut feeling told me to sign for Bradford and I've absolutely no regrets.From day one, I felt at home here. I'm fortunate enough to have played in all the divisions and I see this as the next step of my journey.

"I'm 25 now and still feel the best years are ahead of me."

McCall revealed that Rehman, like Peter Thorne, has taken a hefty pay cut to commit to the club where he spent the second half of last season on loan.

Rehman was believed to have been targeted by Oldham, who have been linked with many out-of-contract players this summer, including Dean Furman.

McCall said: “We know the differential from what Zesh was getting paid last season and this season is huge. And I know he could have got more money from a club at a higher division.

Rehman: City move felt right

Zesh Rehman signed a two-year deal with City last night after snubbing higher-division interest.

Luke O’Brien, Joe Colbeck and Leon Osborne are also putting pen to paper as Stuart McCall’s squad continues to take shape.

Rehman said: "There were a couple of other clubs from a higher league but this just felt right.

"My gut feeling told me to sign for Bradford and I've absolutely no regrets.From day one, I felt at home here. I'm fortunate enough to have played in all the divisions and I see this as the next step of my journey.

"I'm 25 now and still feel the best years are ahead of me."

McCall revealed that Rehman, like Peter Thorne, has taken a hefty pay cut to commit to the club where he spent the second half of last season on loan.

Rehman was believed to have been targeted by Oldham, who have been linked with many out-of-contract players this summer, including Dean Furman.

McCall said: “We know the differential from what Zesh was getting paid last season and this season is huge. And I know he could have got more money from a club at a higher division.

What kind of name is ZESH anyway ? Doesnt roll off the tongue does it ? Theres only one Zesh Rehman ???? Good job too......obviously another ambitious boy.

Worth a season loan would be a very good signing if Clarke or Abbott turns us down

Dickinson set for loan switch

Derby striker to spend season away from Pride Park

Last updated: 19th June 2009

Derby have confirmed that striker Liam Dickinson is set for another loan spell away from Pride Park next season.

The 23-year-old is still to make his senior debut for the Rams after joining the club in a £750,000 deal from Stockport last summer.

He had temporary stints with Huddersfield, Blackpool and Leeds last term and can expect to spend the season out on loan once again.

Dickinson has been unable to force his way into manager Nigel Clough's plans and chairman Adam Pearson believes all parties will benefit from another move.

"There is certainly a lot of interest at the bottom end of the Championship to buy Liam - but not at a price that we think is right," Pearson told the Derby Evening Telegraph.

"I think at this stage, it could well be that he goes out on loan for another year.

"If we loan him out, we might want to put him into League One where we think he will score a lot of goals and his value will go up.

"It is doubtful he would be part of the plans here because he would be fifth or sixth-choice striker and that is no good for Liam at the moment."

Worth a season loan would be a very good signing if Clarke or Abbott turns us down

Derby striker to spend season away from Pride Park

Last updated: 19th June 2009

Derby have confirmed that striker Liam Dickinson is set for another loan spell away from Pride Park next season.

The 23-year-old is still to make his senior debut for the Rams after joining the club in a £750,000 deal from Stockport last summer.

He had temporary stints with Huddersfield, Blackpool and Leeds last term and can expect to spend the season out on loan once again.

Dickinson has been unable to force his way into manager Nigel Clough's plans and chairman Adam Pearson believes all parties will benefit from another move.

"There is certainly a lot of interest at the bottom end of the Championship to buy Liam - but not at a price that we think is right," Pearson told the Derby Evening Telegraph.

"I think at this stage, it could well be that he goes out on loan for another year.

"If we loan him out, we might want to put him into League One where we think he will score a lot of goals and his value will go up.

"It is doubtful he would be part of the plans here because he would be fifth or sixth-choice striker and that is no good for Liam at the moment."

O4U will be along in a minute, advocating that we sign him and play a 4-5-1..... :grin:

Transfer moves will pick up this week training starting a week today most players will want to be fixed up this week and ready to start pre-season Monday

Worthington - Will do a solid job for us a good addition to replace Allott

Purdie - Looks like a good-un plays down both wings through the middle and also at fullback

Jacobson - leftback finally a left footed fullback (we hope) if he gets back to his best good signing

Vaughan - nothing official as yet but looks that way lets give him chance to prove himself (DP has said we don't want another fullback unless one moves out so a depature or dodgy reports?!

Lets hope the other three promised or deals agreed with agents arrive this week.. I think we will have two or three more permanent signings then a couple of long term loans to arrive after pre-season.

striker has agreed and loose ends being tied up - cant be made official yet but shirt sponsorship etc already agreed - its a good signing and all but done - little bit of patience and all will be happy ! Name wont be a surprise but cant be confirmed yet. Goals goals goals !!!!!! :grin::grin::grin:

striker has agreed and loose ends being tied up - cant be made official yet but shirt sponsorship etc already agreed - its a good signing and all but done - little bit of patience and all will be happy ! Name wont be a surprise but cant be confirmed yet. Goals goals goals !!!!!! :grin::grin::grin:

fingers crossed for Billy Clarke but we have been here before :wink:

What kind of name is ZESH anyway ? Doesnt roll off the tongue does it ? Theres only one Zesh Rehman ???? Good job too......obviously another ambitious boy.

Is that a bit like how other players get slagged off by people for leaving us for bigger clubs getting slagged off for not, "showing loyalty?"