Four Player to Sign

sry but it was just another has been good player he was gash how many goals did he get us :S did he actually get any assists im sure all the home games i saw he just got the ball and lost it or just ran around, money can be spent better elsewhere

He took his goal at Crewe very nicely. He certainly won us a penalty in a game at BP Orient?). We were also unbeaten in the 8 games he played (won 4, drew 4).

I wouldn't sign him, but I do think he has something to offer a team at this level when fully fit.

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He took his goal at Crewe very nicely. He certainly won us a penalty in a game at BP Orient?). We were also unbeaten in the 8 games he played (won 4, drew 4).

I wouldn't sign him, but I do think he has something to offer a team at this level when fully fit.

yeah he can be a coach and show all the lads how not to play football :D

"Dear Dave Penney,

I've had an idea, I dont know if you have heard of this guy who plays for Carlisle... but..... "

Dear Mr Penny,

I know of a bloke who is still only 26 and could do a great job for us up front, he is currently at Colchester United and already knows his way around BP.

Dear Mr Penny,

I know of a bloke who is still only 26 and could do a great job for us up front, he is currently at Colchester United and already knows his way around BP.

:lol:

Fantastic! The first "Bring Back Scott Vernon" post of the close season... it was only a matter of time....

"Who put the ball in Citeh's net...."

You mean after the 5 extra touches he took before he scored at Crewe?

Cant see us signing anyone that involves a fee so Graham is ruled out, I would like to see Murray from Brighton but again a fee is involved there, and I would think he is on Carlisle's radar as a possible replacement for Graham if he goes.

I think Byfield would be a good option to what we currently have (nothing), with the right player alongside him providing he is fit,that said I would prefer Billy Clarke who fits the hungry, young,something to prove model. Suppose we will have to wait and see I expect two of the four players we have contract offers out to are strikers.

I don't remember it being that many, but what's wrong with a guy who can control it in the box and slot it in the net?

Yeah one goal in eight games, so he'll be reet for six over the season - can't see League One defences quaking in their boots. Would rather have someone of the ilk of Billy Clarke, young and hungry and wanting to make his mark. I'm so loathe to sign players 'on their way down' it's bitten us on the arse over the last two or three seasons. Ok Hughes was a relative success but his baggage ultimately meant that we lost him prematurely. Abbott and Clarke, backed up by Lewi and O'Grady would be ok by me. Probably only good enough for mid-table but who knows?

Bids for four players have been agreed with their agents and hopefully they will be completed next week once they return from holiday.”

Big week next week - fixtures out on Thuursday, four new players to sign (I'll have Abbott, Clarke, DeMontagnac & Llera thanks) :grin:

Daily Star reported Llera set to join Norwich on Tuesday or Weds Charlton where also looking at him.

As I posted earlier ... I wouldn't sign him.

But Byfield had more all round quality to his game than our other loan signings last season.

I agree that he had decent aspects to his play and agree that we should be looking beyond Byfield. His all round play was decent but he just didn't shoot enough or get in the box often enough for me. I've always been a fan of shoot on sight strikers, far more entertaining and often much more prolific - especially at this level. I hope whoever we sign are this type of striker.

Notts manager hopes to have a meeting with Billy and his agent at next week according to Notts C fishal so maybe not a done deal yet..

Magpies manager Ian McParland said: "I know that some of the interested clubs are in higher divisions than us so realistically, it's still a long shot.

Edited by LaticsPete

apparently were getting a striker for erther berlin how ever its spelt he is a 20 odd year old, a winger from rochdale cant remmember the other 2 as i was pished :D oh defender and goaly forgot names tho :C

Edited by KUNGFOO

Will Buckley right winger from Rochdale.

Another player we had on our books and let go....However, he has another year left on his contract at Rochdale and unless we sell Eardley or Smalley then I'm pretty sure he won't be making a return!!!