Taylor on his way..?

chat-blue

BOLLOCKS-O-METER  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Taylor Rumour - Fishing hook for the Chronicle?

• Bollocks!
    • Might be true y'know...
    • Yep, nailed on this mate.
    • Couldn't give a monkeys.

Why would CT go to Leeds unless he was forced????

Big rival Yorkshire club in the same division.Oldham lad, and proud of it.May not be gauranteed a starting place every time. Ask Kilkenny.Even Trotters in the championship. Its not always about the money!Its about blending the team together, thats what DP is trying to do.

A couple of facts;

1) Taylor's value doesn't depend on Christiano "reigning world player of the year" Ronaldo

2) Dickinson is a quality player who went to the Championship, not saying he's better than Taylor but it doesn't affect his value

3) Premier League clubs are all over Delph because they see something above the ordinary in him, they aren't over any other players in this league in anything like the same way

4) Leeds have more money, more fans and better prospects of going up, Taylor loves it and is a legend but every so often a player has to look to his career and he'd be a fool to disregard a chance to join them

We shouldn't put too much faith in his loyalty, great though it is that he loves the Blues. If he goes in order to try and get up a league and make as much as he can out of a short career, having played his heart out for several seasons at BP then I for one would not condemn him. I'd be gutted, but I'd take it on the chin and give him a round of applause anytime he came back to BP.

A couple of facts;

1) Taylor's value doesn't depend on Christiano "reigning world player of the year" Ronaldo

2) Dickinson is a quality player who went to the Championship, not saying he's better than Taylor but it doesn't affect his value

3) Premier League clubs are all over Delph because they see something above the ordinary in him, they aren't over any other players in this league in anything like the same way

4) Leeds have more money, more fans and better prospects of going up, Taylor loves it and is a legend but every so often a player has to look to his career and he'd be a fool to disregard a chance to join them

We shouldn't put too much faith in his loyalty, great though it is that he loves the Blues. If he goes in order to try and get up a league and make as much as he can out of a short career, having played his heart out for several seasons at BP then I for one would not condemn him. I'd be gutted, but I'd take it on the chin and give him a round of applause anytime he came back to BP.

I do agree.

I would be disappointed if Taylor went for less than £1M, but Taylor (or anyone) is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. Th current climate dictates than might be less than we alue him at.

My friend works at Elland Road as part of the trainee accountants and knows some of the dealings that has gone on and he told me that Leeds have had a 750k bid for Taylor rejected this week but has also said there are 2 championship clubs interested in him too,Leicester being one of them.

Apaprently Oldham want somewhere in the region of £1m plus add ons if he goes to Leeds and we get promoted. Since then Frazer Richardson who is our longest serving player from the premier league has been released due to not being able to come to terms with a new wage and with him being the highest earner and Leeds possibly losing Beckford it is expected for us to meet Oldham's demands.

Grayson had previously put in a 500k bid.

I'd suspect we'd be willing to accept in the region of £1M with add ons (20% sell on clause, or large amounts for international caps - I wouldn't think he'll get anywhere near to this level unless he finds a Jamaican Grandad :lol: ).

Your manager likes him and being honest, he'd be an idiot not to go to a club that much bigger than us.

I'd suspect we'd be willing to accept in the region of £1M with add ons (20% sell on clause, or large amounts for international caps - I wouldn't think he'll get anywhere near to this level unless he finds a Jamaican Grandad :lol: ).

Your manager likes him and being honest, he'd be an idiot not to go to a club that much bigger than us.

Yeah but Leeds?! It'll never happen, i'd join the BNP's sunday league side before Leeds.

Yeah but Leeds?! It'll never happen, i'd join the BNP's sunday league side before Leeds.

never say never.. money talks.

i really hope he doesnt but i wont be one of the fans slagging him rotten for making the sensible decision. (if the offers right)

I'd accept £1m... if we get most of that cash for signings then we could do wonders with it....

You know what, just thinking about this... do people actually think Chrissy T would be a success at a supposed 'bigger club'? - I wouldnt begrudge him moving on for a second, however I'd actually be worried about him succeeding. He has been brought up with kid-gloves at latics, a club he loves, whom his family supports... and a town and club where he can walk about like a king....

We all know how emotional he can get... it would worry me that he would implode if he went to a club where he was just a squad number.... I hope he doesnt and he is a massive sucess in his career.. but it wouldnt surprise me...

I'd accept £1m... if we get most of that cash for signings then we could do wonders with it....

You know what, just thinking about this... do people actually think Chrissy T would be a success at a supposed 'bigger club'? - I wouldnt begrudge him moving on for a second, however I'd actually be worried about him succeeding. He has been brought up with kid-gloves at latics, a club he loves, whom his family supports... and a town and club where he can walk about like a king....

We all know how emotional he can get... it would worry me that he would implode if he went to a club where he was just a squad number.... I hope he doesnt and he is a massive sucess in his career.. but it wouldnt surprise me...

I know what you are getting at but he is pretty focused on becoming a better player (see training comments by Sheridan). I'm not sure how high up he can go, but I'd bank on him being able to cut it in Division 2. I still think a move to somewhere like Reading would be the best all round, as has been mentioned Leeds might not leave him on the best footing with some of our lot (see Kilkenny).

So Spainboy or Spainboy II is now an accurate source?

Its pretty irrelevant. Someone will bid for Taylor this summer. We thern have to choose whether to accept it... if its close to £1m, we probably will.

I know what you are getting at but he is pretty focused on becoming a better player (see training comments by Sheridan). I'm not sure how high up he can go, but I'd bank on him being able to cut it in Division 2. I still think a move to somewhere like Reading would be the best all round, as has been mentioned Leeds might not leave him on the best footing with some of our lot (see Kilkenny).

Yep, totally agree. As i say, i'm sure more teams than Leeds will bid for him this summer. If Tayls has any influence on where he goes, i'm sure he will pick anywhere but papa-smurfs empire. Both for personal and professional reasons. He deserves a shot in the Champ, and i'm sure the likes of Leicester/Reading/Sheff Utd would be prepared to give him that next year.