Taylor on his way..?

chat-blue

BOLLOCKS-O-METER  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Taylor Rumour - Fishing hook for the Chronicle?

• Bollocks!
    • Might be true y'know...
    • Yep, nailed on this mate.
    • Couldn't give a monkeys.

rumour has it taylor is going to leeds for £750k its a done deal!!!!lets see how good my insider really is....

:ranting::ranting::ranting: I Hope your source is wrong Mr Blue.....

I hoped we would get at least a million for him if he did go, but 750K is not to be sniffed at.

rumour has it taylor is going to leeds for £750k its a done deal!!!!lets see how good my insider really is....

Rumour or insider? Not being picky but there's a difference. We've had rumours about Taylor and Leeds for a while - the only thing that changes is the price.

An insider source, whilst still not wholly reliable as we know, is a variation.

Hope not, but its the sort of thing the club would do.

When Arsenal were talking about 6 million for Delph, 750k is peanuts. Before someone says "be realistic", look at any other club. When they sell their prize asset, they haul it in. Why we should be any different is beyond me.

When Arsenal were talking about 6 million for Delph, 750k is peanuts. Before someone says "be realistic", look at any other club. When they sell their prize asset, they haul it in. Why we should be any different is beyond me.

Because Delph is 19 and already an England under 21 international.

I've asked this before. Where is the evidence that Latics sell off "prize assets" cheaply? The only occasion that has been put forward was when CMoore was flogging off players to put some cash back in his pocket.

I've asked this before. Where is the evidence that Latics sell off "prize assets" cheaply? The only occasion that has been put forward was when CMoore was flogging off players to put some cash back in his pocket.

Perhaps my post was slightly misleading. What I meant was that the figures being thrown about seem on the cheap side, considering when other clubs sell off their good players they make a tidy profit. When I said "Its the sort of thing the club would do" I simply meant that due to the econommic situation the club, and indeed the country, finds itself in I can see them accepting the offer. I wasn't suggesting that Latics frequently sell players for under their value.

You said THAT name :ranting::shock:

I spose it comes from the fire sale at that time.

Porter going for free (nothing we could do with that) didnt help the notion our players go cheaply

Carl Serrant went for sod all back in the day

but its probly a myth that our players go cheap - its not like we are crewe and have good youngsters on a conveyer belt ready to be shippied out for 500k - 2 million every season.

Perhaps my post was slightly misleading. What I meant was that the figures being thrown about seem on the cheap side, considering when other clubs sell off their good players they make a tidy profit. When I said "Its the sort of thing the club would do" I simply meant that due to the econommic situation the club, and indeed the country, finds itself in I can see them accepting the offer. I wasn't suggesting that Latics frequently sell players for under their value.

Agreed! It's like selling a house and how desparate the vendor is for the cash. It doesn't matter if next door sold for £300K. If you're offered £250K and really need it then it's not a good negotiating position to be in.

£750K for Taylor? It's probably getting close to a very tempting offer but I'm not convinced it's been made!

Becasue that is paper talk, and we all know not to be taken seriously. We have proven it to be rubbish with regard to our own players.

How many players going for a fee (ie not Porter) have actually even made it up a division in the past 10 years. Count on one hand.

He hasn't actually gone for £6m anyway, so until he does it is not worth comparing.

Saying all that £750k is not to be sniffed at, though I personally feel it undervalues Taylor.

It will then depend a la Ronaldo. Does the player himself want to go, hence LAtics bargaining power severely reduced.

£750,000 to a rival in our division would show a massive amount of negativity. There would be no excuse or tactical sense behind it. I hope it's bollocks. Even a club in this division needs a star wort a million quid to at least have a go, If Taylor goes it's season over.

I think we slightly overestimate Taylor's value - £750k is very good money in this economic climate. I doubt we'll see another Nicky Maynard "throw daft money at it" sale in the near future.

Not arguing for a sale, and I am not saying Taylor is crap before anyone gets upset. He does have a lot of hard work to do to be the player I think he can be, and £750k is the minimum I'd accept for him personally (and I'd like add-ons). If it was my money in the club though, and mindful of the Porter incident then I'd have to think hard about that sort of offer.

Although if he goes to a club in our league then I'd look to charge a premium - especially if they happen to be Yorkshire Luddite tossrags.

"If Taylor goes it's season over."

I don't particularly agree with that because if you lose you're supposed best players it forces other people, who may have been relying on him to do the business, are forced to up their game in order to compensate. Whether it does happen is another matter.

In my opinion, I'd take £750k for Taylor because I don't think he's shown enough to warrant being valued at that and the only reason I wouldn't sell is because, perhaps, we can force it higher because of this "desire" of clubs to sign him.

In terms of season over, I can't really see ours getting started because Penney hasn't replaced the released players with any better quality yet and at the minute we'll be starting with O'Grady up front who only made Stockport's team because they didn't have enough players.

Edited by lb0603

Because Delph is 19 and already an England under 21 international.

Ok if that's the case LIAM DICKINSON the mentalist loser from Stockport to Derby £750k! There is no way on this earth that we should accept any less than at least £1.5 million for Chris Taylor.

:clown: