Just seen...

Just been to collect my season ticket and whilst waiting saw two fellas leave the main entrance and get into a car - didn't recognise anyone but one was suited and booted (agent?) and the other in shorts and t-shirt (player?).....

Maybe Abbott who is to decide his future in the next day or so one player it aint is Franz Burgmeier

It has been revealed that Liechtenstein international winger Franz Burgmeier has left Darlo and has signed for FC Vaduz. Vaduz are a side from Liechtenstein who play in the Swiss Super League and Franz will be hoping to help his new side have a successful campaign next season.

Burgmeier`s career with Quakers got off to a superb start as he gave a number of man of the match performances in the first few weeks of his spell in English football. Franz`s delivery from set pieces was first class and he also popped up to score a few goals during his time in a black and white hooped shirt. I felt Burgmeier could have well earned himself a move to a bigger club in England however once the club fell into economic difficulties the players form seemed to dip and Dave Penney even rested the wide man on a number of occasions in an attempt to get the midfielder back to his best.

Burgmeier became one of my favourite Darlington players of recent times as the displays he put in for Quakers during his first few months at the club where of the highest quality. Franz is one of players I would have liked the club to have kept for the 2009/10 season. However the financial problems of last term and this seasons limited budget have meant that Darlo were unable to keep Burgmeier at the club.

Another player who seems certain to be moving on from the Arena is Pawel Abbott. Abbott is known to have many admirers both in English and Scottish football and the talented front mans future could well be announced in the next few days. A fully fit Abbott would be an asset in any side in League 1 or 2 as he can net 20-25 goals a season in the lower divisions if can stay injury free.

Once, my Dad and i were walking past the Clayton Arms all suited and booted to go in the Exec Box. It was around the time we were linked with Diego Cervez...whatever his name was and i had a tan after coming back off holiday. A load of kids were pointing and shouting about me being a new signing. Easy done i suppose :D

Once, my Dad and i were walking past the Clayton Arms all suited and booted to go in the Exec Box. It was around the time we were linked with Diego Cervez...whatever his name was and i had a tan after coming back off holiday. A load of kids were pointing and shouting about me being a new signing. Easy done i suppose :D

YEAH RIGHT :grin:

It's going to be a long long summer if we are figuring it out by a process of elimination.

I can help speed this up.

It wasn't me.

I was in London at the time. I can personally vouch for all the other people I saw in London at that time.

I can also state quite firmly that there are some more people that were in London too.

Plus the ones in other countries, such as France, Germany, Mozambique, and the Comoros.

And there are quite a few in places such as China and the USA.

Plus we could write to airlines pretending to by M15 or MI6 and get a list of allt he people flying at that time.

That'll get the list to a more manageable level.

PS I have 2 abscess on my teeth and had emergency root canal treatment on one yesterdaye vening, with another at 9am.

And I have to wait a bit longer for my next painkillers.

I hope this explains my delirium and elicits some sympathy amongst my feloow Tics that have had similar things.

Pain. Phew!

Edited by singe

Just been to collect my season ticket and whilst waiting saw two fellas leave the main entrance and get into a car - didn't recognise anyone but one was suited and booted (agent?) and the other in shorts and t-shirt (player?).....

I have to say, this really takes the buscuit for the worst piece of transfer gossip ever.

Couple of options:

1. Edit your post - say something like "I recognised him but I cant reveal who he is... but he is signing soon and he will be amazing!"

2. Go on google images. look up the following players: Pawel Abbott, Billy Clarke, Franz Burgmeier, Dean Furman, Roman Bednar, Fabian Yantorno, Jarko Sweetleftfootovic, Matt Wolfenden, Dale Stephens, Jame s Vaughan - and let us know if it was any of these people.

:)

I remember seeing Chris Swales walking out of the main entrance with a big smile on his face. I let on and said "Alright?" and he said "Great thanks".

Thing is, I didn't have a Scooby Doo who he was until it was announced on the OS later that day.

I have to say, this really takes the buscuit for the worst piece of transfer gossip ever.

Couple of options:

1. Edit your post - say something like "I recognised him but I cant reveal who he is... but he is signing soon and he will be amazing!"

2. Go on google images. look up the following players: Pawel Abbott, Billy Clarke, Franz Burgmeier, Dean Furman, Roman Bednar, Fabian Yantorno, Jarko Sweetleftfootovic, Matt Wolfenden, Dale Stephens, Jame s Vaughan - and let us know if it was any of these people.

:)

I agree and so does Comic Book Guy:

SIMP[1][1].ComicBookGuy.JPG

"Worst transfer gossip ever!"

So does Duncan.

DuncanBannatyne07.jpg

"Let me tell you where I am, no speculation as to who the guy in shorts is, no info as to which club he currently plays for, no mysterious dropping of hints so for that reason, I'm out.

sugar-404_681937c.jpg

"This is absolute poppycock, my gran could think up a better rumour. No names, no intrigue, terrible presentation... and what is worse, no selling! I didn't make 1 billion pounds by the time I was 6 years old with transfer speculation like this!....

for that reason YOU'RE FIRED!"

I went to pick up my season ticket from BP on my way home from work last night, about 4-30 and didn't see a thing, nothing, no players, no agents, nothing.

Just Lois in the Ticket Office, who was very helpful and gave me my ST.

Reason for edit - shocking spelling (trying to type to fast).

Edited by Hometownclub

I went to pick up my season ticket from BP on my way home from work last night, about 4-30 and didn't see a thing, nothing, no players, no agents, nothing.

Just Lois in the Ticket Office, who was very heplful and gave me my ST.

What didn't he look like?

club doctor,dr northfield used to be my doctor at st georges medical centre in moston,never seen him suited and booted looks like a farmer after feeding the pigs lol.