Abbott Signs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pleased providing we get another frontman in please hughes come back what a partnership that would be, if not billy clarke, we would have an improvement on last years strikeforce then!!

Spot on Dean! :)

great signing for me, and cant imagine he cost the world in wages. Hopefully leaving enough room for at least 1 more quality addition up top...

Don't want that Hughes back though... can't stand the bloke. :angry:

pleased providing we get another frontman in please hughes come back what a partnership that would be, if not billy clarke, we would have an improvement on last years strikeforce then!!

yesterday you said you hoped we didn't sign him! you change your mind like the uk weather dean.

im happy!

now at least we might have a different song to sing rather than du du de du pawel abbott please no no no no no no no

should sing that song what was made in a topic about two months ago

pawel abbott oldhams number 9 or is lee hughes number 9 :grin: pawel abbotts oldhams number 10 :unsure:

yesterday you said you hoped we didn't sign him! you change your mind like the uk weather dean.

im happy!

I'd forgotten about the 6 month spell at Swansea (Pawel's not Dean's) Anyone remember why he moved so quickly to Darlo?

'Abbott spent last season with boss Penney at Darlington, where he netted 17 goals in 32 starts, adding a further 13 appearances from the bench.'

Keep him fit, give him good service and he will bang in the goals next season. Taylor and Smalley wide with Lewi (or someone better) just behind

im happy!

well i was thinking if we keep him fit and with someone like hughes or clarke it would be a good signing, partner him with o grady/smalley/lewi we have a problem

well i was thinking if we keep him fit and with someone like hughes or clarke it would be a good signing, partner him with o grady/smalley/lewi we have a problem

Depends what formation we are going to be playing. Abbott will obviously play right up top. I'd like to think someone who is good and quick on the ball will play just behind him. i.e. O'grady or Lewi

Superb signing if he stays fit. I was delighted when I heard about this during the week and I think one of Hughes or Clarke to go with him will see a strikeforce that can bang in the goals.

Superb signing if he stays fit. I was delighted when I heard about this during the week and I think one of Hughes or Clarke to go with him will see a strikeforce that can bang in the goals.

Am I right or wrong in thinking that we now have 2 physios?

I few years ago maybe 2005/2006 abbott scored in front of the chaddy and run us ragged all afternoon. I remember thinking that he was one of the best strikers I had seen at this level. Not sure why he then ended up in league 2 but If we can keep him fit then I think we have made a very good signing.

Is it just me who is slightly worried by the fact that Abbott scored those 17 goals over two seasons? I know you're all going to say, yeah but he did it in 31 games, but surely that's an even greater worry. We've signed someone who is only fit for a third of games on a two year contract? You're "goalscorer" can't miss that many games if you're looking at moving up, at any level. :unsure:

Is it just me who is slightly worried by the fact that Abbott scored those 17 goals over two seasons? I know you're all going to say, yeah but he did it in 31 games, but surely that's an even greater worry. We've signed someone who is only fit for a third of games on a two year contract? You're "goalscorer" can't miss that many games if you're looking at moving up, at any level. :unsure:

ye but on that basis you could say the same about hughes with his injury, still was good for us, might have just had an unlucky couple of seasons