• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly what worries me about Hazell - when his confidence goes it goes big time - it is good to have Gregan back but we need at leat two more centre backs to create the competition needed to keep players on thier toes - and I just hope that Trotman is one of them. <_<

I would love to get Trotman back on a season long loan and for me would be a certain starter with AN Other (be it Gregan or Hazell).

Gregans a different class to Haining, I agree, would not like him back at all.

I sincerely hope this is a joke. If we are re signing players like Sean Gregan, then Will Haining is a must capture. He has been one of our best centre halfs in recent years. With comments like this, I do really wonder whether people on this message board attend the same stadium as I do

I sincerely hope this is a joke. If we are re signing players like Sean Gregan, then Will Haining is a must capture. He has been one of our best centre halfs in recent years. With comments like this, I do really wonder whether people on this message board attend the same stadium as I do

I don't think most of us do Youngen as it seems our views are often at variance with yours!

He looked ruined by injuries, I wonder how anyone couldn't see that? As I put earlier if he has gotten over all that and is fit again then maybe, but not the body of a 40 year old in a young man's body. He was no fitter in his last season than Gregan is now and with nothing like the calibre of player behind him to compensate.

Is this thread about Haining? Because every time the subject of a centre-half comes up, then it gets turned on it's head and we end up talking about Gregan and the same nonsense comes up.

If Haining is fit enough and has the desire to play for us, then he is worth considering.

A couple of stories abound about why he left the club:

- financial constraints, apparently one of the club's top earners

- manager didn't like him, so long periods on bench

- bad influence

- stated months ago in the local rag that he was moving South

The message board comments up there are largely pro-Haining, the club's only centre-half who tackled and headed.

lol right we aint getting anywhere fast here, i think the best thing to do is see if

1) he trains with us

2)penney likes him and offers him a contract

3)how he does whilst playing for us

I remember allott being written off as a waste of time before his return, the only way we are going to see is by watching the performance.

Haining was poor in his final season at latics. Would not like to see him back at all

Haining went poor that season when a certain player arrived here on a permenant basis. You might be able to work out who. He's quite bulky, he likes to blame all around for his mistakes and often appears to believe he owns the place. That was the downfall of a lot of things at the end of that playoff season. Extremely unsettling at the back and culminated with Keigan Parker having the last laugh. These things aren't forgotten by those without the Blue shades on.

:laught16:

Glad you found it funny...I presume you missed games like Orient away, Crewe away and the Blackpool playoff games that season. To mention a few...you have this thing about the old-timers though...*cough* Lids *co

ugh*

Edited by boundaryblue80

Glad you found it funny...I presume you missed games like Orient away, Crewe away and the Blackpool playoff games that season. To mention a few...you have this thing about the old-timers though...*Lids*

Yes, I did this miss those games (bar the play-off one). However I remember Greegs being awesome that first season, not unsettling....and first impressions count :wink:

And yes again, I do prefer the has-beens to the never-will-be's. However I do accept a blend is required, especially after last season. :ranting:

And it comes around again to Gregan!!!

I can't think of any player who has polarized the fans as much as this one!!!

Mr Hometownclub....where are you mate?! They're all ganging up on me now...

On second thoughts, maybe John Sheridan, Gary McCallister, Ronald McDonald, Joe Royle and Dave Penney will join me in this latest fight against evil.

^_^

Is this thread about Haining? Because every time the subject of a centre-half comes up, then it gets turned on it's head and we end up talking about Gregan and the same nonsense comes up.

If Haining is fit enough and has the desire to play for us, then he is worth considering.

A couple of stories abound about why he left the club:

- financial constraints, apparently one of the club's top earners

- manager didn't like him, so long periods on bench - bad influence

- stated months ago in the local rag that he was moving South

The message board comments up there are largely pro-Haining, the club's only centre-half who tackled and headed.

Manager never spoke to him and didn't even acknowledge him whenever he came to the club after he left.FACT