• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this something of a 'hint' thread from our chief ITK?

Not in the slightest senor.

I just noticed it on sky this morning and was surprised no one else had posted earlier.

In any event my post was in relation to a post on another thread claiming that he would start training with us on Monday, so we will see if that happens.

I'm not sure where this "chief ITK" comes from, as I have never actually suggested that we will be signing any named player. I can only assume that some ppl are putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5, because I posted on the Gregan thread the other day that I was aware that he would re-sign (after the signing as someone actually pointed out) and that he was 1 of 4, the second of whom would sign by Friday and was a forward (Abbott was the player, but it was common knowledge on here that he was signing anyway). I mentioned no names. The only other reason could be because of my bring back Royle thread, which was posted after a very very very depressing home defeat and had no "inside information" behind it. It was a personal plea and I was as surpised (and as pleased) as anyone when it happened a week later.

If anyone is sad enough to trawl back through my 500+ posts and show otherwise, then I will hold my hands up, but I don't believe that you will find that I have posted naming players that we are about to/do sign.

Cheers,

Harry

I was never a fan of haining,I'm in the don't want him back camp. I would much prefer trotman on a season long loan.

If it's a straigh choice Trotman OR Haining then I am in the Trotman camp.

But both would bring real competition for places, plus some passion, stability and steel.

I agree with other posters, our defence was not good enough last season. Caught out too many times letting in soft goals. So to have the same defence again is not ideal, better midfield or not.

We can't get out of this league, yet all we seem to want to do is re-sign players that were part of teams that couldn't get out of this league.

I'm baffled.

with the exception of Allott I can't think of a player who was better the second time around - and even then Allot was part of a team that failed to get out of this league.

Maybe Penney and Gregan will prove us wrong.

I recall a lot of occasions. It was the dreaded back pass that gave me un-natural bowel movements.

:grin:

I rate Hazell.

Just not sure that a Hazell / Gregan duo at the back is best for Latics.

It's the same as getting the right strike partnership in place is so crucial. Players who know exactly what the other is going to do before it happens.

michellemarshpoolbikini.jpg

I will drink to that....so patriotic.

I've never been a fan of blondes, and she seems a bit dizzy, so on those grounds not one for me.

On the other hand, so does have really massive tits.

Oh,and if Haining is a million miles fitter than when he left us, maybe. If not, no.