• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sports news are this morning reporting that Haining has not been offered a new contract.

We shall see on Monday if rumours are true and he starts training at BP.

Big Willie

Cheers,

Harry

The Saint's official site has reported the same this morning Harry.

I think he could do a job as the third central defender.

I'd have no problem with him back. Yeah, maybe he's no promotion-winning star, but he's a reliable and experienced player at a peak age, and he never struck me as a want-away prima donna.

Mind you, I though David Beharall was a good player and bought a shirt with Marc Tierney's name on it the week before he left, so what do I know?

it seems alot on here see signing gregan as a step back

what would be the view on will returning?

i for one hope it does not happen

Gregans a different class to Haining, I agree, would not like him back at all.

Edited by wozz_oafc

Nah, Will as a squad player I'd welcome. I actually would rather see him back than Gregan, but we've already established my worryingly inept scouting credentials.

(Christ it's hot in this pub garden.)

It would be a awful decision too see a player return to us who is clearly not worth a contract with St Mirren.

Aye. Until or unless the reason for his departure is confirmed, I wouldn't assume he left because he wasn't offered a contract. Hazell wasn't good enough for his last club by that reasoning.

Good point but luck at Reubens second half of the season once he got his new contract so maybe Chesterfield had a point lol.

Either way and whatever the reason I wouldn't bring him back.

I can't seem to recall any Haining major clangers like that which Gregan and Hazell produced last season. May have been beaten a few times, but clangers? With knobs like Blayney and Day behind him and Branston aside, I think Will did a f***ing good job.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I can't seem to recall any Haining major clangers like that which Gregan and Hazell produced last season. May have been beaten a few times, but clangers? With knobs like Blayney and Day behind him and Branston aside, I think Will did a f***ing good job.

exactly, put haining in with a decent squad and im sure he can shine, how many times last season did we see hazell/greegs/eardley do a backpass and think "o god please let fleming/crossley/that spikey haired dude(delete as appropriate) get there before that attacker"

If Will's a free agent, then there will be absolutely no harm in seeing him take part in pre-season training. That would give Penney the chance to have a good luck at him and decide for himself whether he's worthy of a contract.

Don't assume St Mirren have released him because he isn't good enough; Scottish football finances are not at their best right now. And it had already been rumoured that he was looking to move back south.

Will everyone just admit they couldnt care less about Will returning its his wife they want back....lol

Hoo-raaah!!

Scottish footballs finances aint brilliant with Setanta's recent failings....

Oh an has anyone else noticed that Will's skypsorts.com profile thing has a picture of him in a Latics shirt...did he even turn out for them or lack of funds to buy a camera?

Edited by bensonio

If Will's a free agent, then there will be absolutely no harm in seeing him take part in pre-season training. That would give Penney the chance to have a good luck at him and decide for himself whether he's worthy of a contract.

Don't assume St Mirren have released him because he isn't good enough; Scottish football finances are not at their best right now. And it had already been rumoured that he was looking to move back south.

agree setanta have done scottish football no favours,expect to see a few jocks looking at the championship and league 1