taylors best position

I hope dp has a new role for taylor this season

i just dont see him as a left winger..the amount of times he beat the full back on the outside last season then failed to supply the killer cross with the left foot was annoying more than anything.I think with his lack of confidence regarding his left foot,we saw him cut inside far to much and any poential move evaporated in to nothing..

personally id like to see him play just behind the front two,,in the hole,,picking up the pieces and running at the centre halves..he has a choice that way,left or right and hes running at goal...i think he is too predictable out wide..full backs just need to let him go left and they know nothing will come of it.....what you think

I thought last season that he had improved his use of the left peg significantly. This put defences under more pressure as they didn't know how to deal with it.

I think a right footed winger who can cut inside or go outside on the left is a major asset.

I'd leave him where he is, but switch him from time to time where a full back has an upper hand on him, or where the opposition left back has the upper hand on whoever plays right.

I thought last season that he had improved his use of the left peg significantly. This put defences under more pressure as they didn't know how to deal with it.

I think a right footed winger who can cut inside or go outside on the left is a major asset.

I'd leave him where he is, but switch him from time to time where a full back has an upper hand on him, or where the opposition left back has the upper hand on whoever plays right.

agree he has improved,but not to the extent were he was setting goals up every week.

went to most home games last season and cant recall many goals he set up with his wing play..

if played down the centre i can see him picking up a lot of free kicks in and around the box in dangerous positions,when running at the slow centre halves

i like the idea wakefield but thing is full backs are made for handling speed and these slow centre halves are made for strength, whilst he will find it easier to out run the centre halves, hes going to get knocked around a lot and i dont think he can handle them pushing him around.

Doesn't matter where he plays, the opposition generally put two men on him which should create space elsewhere on the pitch. Trouble is we haven't exploited this space.

The key to getting the best out of him and the team is more fluidity up front. For the past few years we have been far too static, Lids down one wing, Taylor down the other with the odd central man running on. Smalley and Taylor should be swapping flanks for fun causing the 3rd division defences they are running at all sorts of problems as no one is sure who they are supposed to be picking up, through the middle we should be bombing on with one man trying to get in front of the ball and stretching the opposition's back line.

We have been a pretty one dimensional team and too easily overcome as defences nullify our threat quite easily, with a bit more inventiveness we would have been up by now.

Doesn't matter where he plays, the opposition generally put two men on him which should create space elsewhere on the pitch. Trouble is we haven't exploited this space.

The key to getting the best out of him and the team is more fluidity up front. For the past few years we have been far too static, Lids down one wing, Taylor down the other with the odd central man running on. Smalley and Taylor should be swapping flanks for fun causing the 3rd division defences they are running at all sorts of problems as no one is sure who they are supposed to be picking up, through the middle we should be bombing on with one man trying to get in front of the ball and stretching the opposition's back line.

We have been a pretty one dimensional team and too easily overcome as defences nullify our threat quite easily, with a bit more inventiveness we would have been up by now.

You have hit the nail on the head there. This is why i think the capture of Furman is key to our creativity.

I hope dp has a new role for taylor this season

i just dont see him as a left winger..the amount of times he beat the full back on the outside last season then failed to supply the killer cross with the left foot was annoying more than anything.I think with his lack of confidence regarding his left foot,we saw him cut inside far to much and any poential move evaporated in to nothing..

personally id like to see him play just behind the front two,,in the hole,,picking up the pieces and running at the centre halves..he has a choice that way,left or right and hes running at goal...i think he is too predictable out wide..full backs just need to let him go left and they know nothing will come of it.....what you think

I think we might see Chrissie as the second striker - playing off Pawel... :grin:

Ooh Didnt See This, Cheers Ackey :lol:

I Think Taylor Should Be Played On The Right Wing, I Think He Played Better When He Used To Play There Before The Sheridan Era

No worries mate,

I'd play him just behind the front two.

I think he will stay on the left wing as we have Smalley who i think will be 1st choice to start with on the right and Purdie who the Darlo fans thought was best on the in that position.

I wouldnt mind us giving him a go as a 2nd striker as i think his dribbling is superb for this level and I think big slower centre backs will have more trouble dealing with him than faster and sharper fullbacks.

Didn't Big Joe reckon Taylor's best position could be up front?

I'm not so sure myself but there'd be no harm in throwing him in behind Abbott every once in a while.

Oooh Matron!

Going off that questionable picture took of him on the first day back he might like it! :lol: