abbott song

How about substituting Tom Jones' Shes A Lady, for Hes A Lady inour best Little Britain voices?

He's a laydee

Woh woh woh

He's a laydee.

He's a laydee

Woh woh woh,

and he scores goals... n :censored:...

Edited by BlueJazzer

I know but isnt it pronounced Pavel? Slightly off topic but i had a polish Aunt called Wanda and al her life i called her Vanda thinking thats how it was pronounced. I only found out the truth at her funeral, my mum told me i couldnt say wanda when i was a toddler and it just stuck. I was 33 when she died and i was gutted when i found out I had been saying her name wrong all those years.

I can laugh about it now though!

ERGO..... he'll always be Pavel to me!

:disappointed:

Edited by BlueJazzer

I know but isnt it pronounced Pavel? Slightly off topic but i had a polish Aunt called Wanda and al her life i called her Vanda thinking thats how it was pronounced. I only found out the truth at her funeral, my mum told me i couldnt say wanda when i was a toddler and it just stuck. I was 33 when she died and i was gutted when i found out I had been saying her name wrong all those years.

Leeslover's digressionary moment here, but you will see from, for example, Dickens' Pickwick Papers that East Enders in the early 1800s interchanged the V and W, and you can still pick up hints of it in some honest salt of the Earth cockerney old timers. I suspect it came from Jewish and other Eastern European immigrants from the Polish neck of the woods back in the day.