How can a thread that starts off talking about the plight of Southampton FC, which can't be fully understood without looking at the wider economics of contemporary professional football, which obviously affects the situation of Oldham Athletic, be said to have been hijacked just because somebody has brought the subject of the latter up?

Why has the thread been locked?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

How can a thread that starts off talking about the plight of Southampton FC, which can't be fully understood without looking at the wider economics of contemporary professional football, which obviously affects the situation of Oldham Athletic, be said to have been hijacked just because somebody has brought the subject of the latter up?

to many clever words vote lock

to many clever words vote lock

Has somebody formed a whingers pressure group to lobby the site moderators?

On a board where 95% of posts contain a range of optimistic views about the club, which are, in one way or another, repeated ad infinitum, anybody who has a less facile view about the club's future is followed about by a gaggle of whiners demanding they sign up to some airheaded cheerleading group.

Please be more descriptive in your thread titles.

"How?" does not give any indication of what the topic might be about.

Thanks.

To be fair it was qualified.

How,

Which translated from Red Indian is:

Edited by singe

probably better things to do than become involved in negative posts with you!

probably better things to do than become involved in negative posts with you!

And yet you have started to appear wherever I do. As I said to you yesterday, nobody has to read anything on here. Nothing is compulsory. There's even an ignore faciltiy you can use on posters you don't like, apparently.

Do I detect an air of spoofery surrounding this new poster?

Has somebody formed a whingers pressure group to lobby the site moderators?

Happy Clappy Whingers?

No idea why the thread was locked. It was running out of steam but then many do. But I'm surprised you suggest that there's some form of conspiracy going on. Lizards running the website ? Elders of Zion? CIA shot JFK?

A question for the Mods to answer.

Happy Clappy Whingers?

No idea why the thread was locked. It was running out of steam but then many do. But I'm surprised you suggest that there's some form of conspiracy going on. Lizards running the website ? Elders of Zion? CIA shot JFK?

A question for the Mods to answer.

If it's a question for the mods, what are you doing here? Nearly all threads run out of steam without being locked, don't they? But the only one mentioning conspiracies is you.

No contradiction in being both happy clapper and a whinger, by the way. You should know.

Has somebody formed

On a board where 95% of posts contain a range of optimistic views about the club, which are, in one way or another, repeated ad infinitum, anybody who has a less facile view about the club's future is followed about by a gaggle of whiners demanding they sign up to some airheaded cheerleading group.

not sure about your latest copy and paste comment! Much prefer the downward spiral Latics one

If it's a question for the mods, what are you doing here? Nearly all threads run out of steam without being locked, don't they? But the only one mentioning conspiracies is you.

No contradiction in being both happy clapper and a whinger, by the way. You should know.

I seem to get so under your skin you can't see when I am sharing a similar point of view to you. Goodness me ,so confrontational.

not sure about your latest copy and paste comment! Much prefer the downward spiral Latics one

Yes, you prefer it so much that you appointed yourself joint President of the OWTB Whinging Cheerleaders Association.

You lot are like those little midges you get buzzing round your head when you walk by water on a summer's day.

Surely it is due to the site being run by amateurs rather than a trained professional who can continually work on these things and be a single point of reference, even on every occasion. Surely the club should appoint someone official and paid into this, but no. I guess it is a matter of cost, and what with just 4,000 crowds, it is a position which we can't afford to fill. It is just another example of what a downward spiral in crowds and being constantly in this division whilst people drift away brings.

:grin:

Yes, you prefer it so much that you appointed yourself joint President of the OWTB Whinging Cheerleaders Association.

You lot are like those little midges you get buzzing round your head when you walk by water on a summer's day.

:blink:

As if I'd let anyone else share the role!!! fez.gif

whinging Cheerleaders ?? You talk to clever for this poor Norther lad

Surely it is due to the site being run by amateurs rather than a trained professional who can continually work on these things and be a single point of reference, even on every occasion. Surely the club should appoint someone official and paid into this, but no. I guess it is a matter of cost, and what with just 4,000 crowds, it is a position which we can't afford to fill. It is just another example of what a downward spiral in crowds and being constantly in this division whilst people drift away brings.

:petesake:

If it's a question for the mods, why can't you PM us then you won't get the passers by invading your piece of the internet.

We're looking into the initial concerns of the topic.

Thanks.

Topic closed, ironically.

If you're taking the piss, you've picked a bad day.