moving ground rumour

Having spoken to a number of people who are connected with the club, it appears that a deal has already been struck to sell the ground and its land to the NHS.

However, one reliable source has told me that the Broadway site they are looking at is not at Foxdenton, but the bottom of Broadway in Failsworth.

The way I see it, if people are prepared to travel that far, they might just decide to travel another two miles and watch City in the prem instead.

im alot closer to city but still support oldhm

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferny Field Would Be Ideal :D

Could Have A New State Of The Aret Ground As Well. Would Like One Similar To Doncasters, Although They Are Abit Boring!

lets not have a stadium like doncasters (soulless)

keep are stadium plans either move or dont

lets have a new stadium but have 4 sides not a gold fish bowl

A few thoughts based on what I've read:

1) A site near the metrolink would be a positive. A site with plentiful parking and good traffic links would be better. Car is king.

2) The NHS spending lots of money? Such a deal needs to be concluded pretty rapidly because as soon as the result of the next General Election is delcared whoever wins is going to have to slash public spending. With health they may maintain services, but they certainly aren't going to be expanding them!

3) Land prices are low, but there are differences in this recession to previous ones that could surpress land prices in the longer term too. One will be a likely increase in taxes. Lower disposable cash means less to spend on houses which means prices won't go up. The biggie will be the banks. Their appetite for attracting wholesale funding will remain low as it is what effectively killed off HBOS and Northern Rock. That in turn means less money available to lend. That in turn reduces demand for property which in turn surpresses prices. I don't see an environment that says the next 5 years will see anybody making a killing on a property deal.

Selling / developing land to finance the purchase and development of land elsewhere is not the golden egg it once was and there is little to suggest that it will be in the next few years either.

If the owners have pulled/can pull off a spectacular deal funded by the NHS, that's great as far as I'm concerned. But they need to build all sorts of clauses in to the contract to ensure that a change in Government spending patterns doesn't leave them and our football club high and dry.

Edited by opinions4u

Too many plastic ManUre fans for a start.

'You just can't get a ticket these days.'

so you woudnt move because there is to many man u fans?? where do you wanna live there man u fans are everywhere

theres prob more city fans in failsworth

and its full of white people :grin:

can we steady on here....a rumour starts because someone mentions the BP land being sold to the NHS. Think about it, the older part of the hospital (accessed from Westhulme Avenue) is owned by the NHS and is empty. Why would theNHS buy BP when they're already sitting on an empty asset? Doesnt make sense.

I think we're all fed up with BP, but all it needs is for the building game to pick up, and then theres a chance that there might be an actual buyer for the land. I think it's fair to say thats nowt gonna happen when theres a recession on....

1) A site near the metrolink would be a positive. A site with plentiful parking and good traffic links would be better. Car is king.

2) The NHS spending lots of money? Such a deal needs to be concluded pretty rapidly because as soon as the result of the next General Election is delcared whoever wins is going to have to slash public spending. With health they may maintain services, but they certainly aren't going to be expanding them!

3) Land prices are low, but there are differences in this recession to previous ones that could surpress land prices in the longer term too. One will be a likely increase in taxes. Lower disposable cash means less to spend on houses which means prices won't go up. The biggie will be the banks. Their appetite for attracting wholesale funding will remain low as it is what effectively killed off HBOS and Northern Rock. That in turn means less money available to lend. That in turn reduces demand for property which in turn surpresses prices. I don't see an environment that says the next 5 years will see anybody making a killing on a property deal.

Selling / developing land to finance the purchase and development of land elsewhere is not the golden egg it once was and there is little to suggest that it will be in the next few years either.

If the owners have pulled/can pull off a spectacular deal funded by the NHS, that's great as far as I'm concerned. But they need to build all sorts of clauses in to the contract to ensure that a change in Government spending patterns doesn't leave them and our football club high and dry.

In a nutshell.

can we steady on here....a rumour starts because someone mentions the BP land being sold to the NHS. Think about it, the older part of the hospital (accessed from Westhulme Avenue) is owned by the NHS and is empty. Why would theNHS buy BP when they're already sitting on an empty asset? Doesnt make sense.

I think we're all fed up with BP, but all it needs is for the building game to pick up, and then theres a chance that there might be an actual buyer for the land. I think it's fair to say thats nowt gonna happen when theres a recession on....

its this time when people have money are buying lets face it everything is cheaper atm as in houses etc so land will be the same

cheap as chips

There will be a semblance of 'boom' sooner or later, but clever minds than ours are suggesting that permanent recession may be our future.

As Robert Nesta Marley said, 'You think it's the end, but it's just the beginning.'

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Aye

Political opinions aside, a change in government come may next year is a very real possibility, and last thing we want is to be left up s**t creek without a paddle as a result of that

Aye

Political opinions aside, a change in government come may next year is a very real possibility, and last thing we want is to be left up s**t creek without a paddle as a result of that

I don't think politics comes in to it.

We've had a government that forgot to put any money aside for a rainy day.

Not that it's pi$$ing it down they've had to borrow big time.

Whoever runs out winner, red, blue, yellow or whatever, will have to fix it.

There will be a semblance of 'boom' sooner or later, but clever minds than ours are suggesting that permanent recession may be our future.

As Robert Nesta Marley said, 'You think it's the end, but it's just the beginning.'

Some "clever minds" think that, some other "clever minds" think differently.

I don't think politics comes in to it.

We've had a government that forgot to put any money aside for a rainy day.

Not that it's pi$$ing it down they've had to borrow big time.

Whoever runs out winner, red, blue, yellow or whatever, will have to fix it.

New Labour continued to run things along the same lines as all governments from Thatcher onwards, only deepening the trend towards deindustrialisation and the outsourcing of labour, with real wages remaining static for the vast majority and finance being freed up so that people could offset this by borrowing. When you look at the debt-ridden McJob economy this has left us with, it's difficult to believe it can be fixed.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Regarding the NHS and private funding, I have some experience in this area theough my job with a number of NHS Trust and will have some with one in the Manchester area in a few months time, but not one in Oldham,

There will be no rescue by the NHS, they are £500million overspent

Proceed with caution, they are a nightmare to deal with and it takes AGES for a decision.

They are lookig to get private money INTO the NHS not the other way round.

Some "clever minds" think that, some other "clever minds" think differently.

What tends to impress me is that most of those that predicted the financial meltdown remain most pessimistic. Most of these people come from the heart of the world financial system; they don't want it to fail-quite the opposite. And they are afraid. For example, Nouriel Roubini, who has been bang on with regard to the economy for two years or more, said the other day that when you look closely at the so-called green shoots, you see that they're actually brown weeds.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Regarding the NHS and private funding, I have some experience in this area theough my job with a number of NHS Trust and will have some with one in the Manchester area in a few months time, but not one in Oldham,

There will be no rescue by the NHS, they are £500million overspent

Proceed with caution, they are a nightmare to deal with and it takes AGES for a decision.

They are lookig to get private money INTO the NHS not the other way round.

exactly, does this quash the rumour then.....?!

roll on the start of the season when we can moan about eardley, gregan and co., at least it creates a debate rather than rumour mongering. the fact is, if the NHS really need the land, they'd use their own first - they wouldn't be trying to sell off the Westhulme Avenue site would they?

£500M overspent, the Westhulme Ave land sat empty (getting vandalised to f*** may I add), and they go out and by BP....hardly likely is it?

exactly, does this quash the rumour then.....?!

roll on the start of the season when we can moan about eardley, gregan and co., at least it creates a debate rather than rumour mongering. the fact is, if the NHS really need the land, they'd use their own first - they wouldn't be trying to sell off the Westhulme Avenue site would they?

£500M overspent, the Westhulme Ave land sat empty (getting vandalised to f*** may I add), and they go out and by BP....hardly likely is it?

Exactly, and theres where the opening post falls apart.

As for a prison at Ferney field, it was never going to happen, they wouldn't place a prison between two schools.

WTF are you on about i live in failsworth. why wouldnt you fancy living in a house there?? pr***

Oh come on, Failsworth is a sh*thole and you know it. You can't even live in the "nice" part (Woodhouses) if you have a sense of smell... :lol:

So's Limeside... :blink:

Edited to add: Before you get all protective, I was born in Failsworth so I reckon I can have my say... :grin:

Edited by garcon

Exactly, and theres where the opening post falls apart.

As for a prison at Ferney field, it was never going to happen, they wouldn't place a prison between two schools.

the opening post is what i heard...a rumour,and a very good one at that,that were moving from bp....it doesnt state exactly where and when,but does make a suggestion of maybe.....

so how does the post fall apart exactly?????

ill just sit back and wait till its announced....

NHS buying new land- not for another decade minimum. The NHS in and around Greater Manchester already has two huge expanses of land lying empty of services at this moment (they might have already sold the land, I'm not sure). Booth Hall and Pendlebury which were both kept open for 20 years too long for sentimental reasons by the public are still there, have a huge amount of land in them and are both in quite good real estate areas- but it doesn't take much for either of them to be adapted from a children's hosiptal to a different sort of health service provider. The NHS has apparently overspent by £500 million (according to the person on here who knows more about it than I do) this year. Yet, in the next few years despite the phony promises by either political party the NHS will be short £15 billion (that's billion) in real terms as although planned spending (which could well decrease anyway) is going to go up demand is going to go up (reduced socio-economic status is proven to reduce health) and the increase spending (if it does happen) will be short by that much. The NHS cannot afford to be buying land of a football club, and I would be surprised if the NHS goes ahead with anything not already being built (or at least agreed to be built), when the politicans realise the :censored: the NHS is in.

Right now I have established that the NHS is not buying more land from a football club when it has enough already, who is going to buy the current BP site. Can you just imagine the fuss if it is sold to a property developer considering the fuss there was over a project a fraction of the size- no property developer is going to want to get involved with that. Who else is going to buy BP? By the time the NHS (who are comfortably the people most likely to buy the site) has got its act together BP could have finished and we aren't going to sell a ground which we have just spent around £25 million on redeveloping.

10 years ago a move away from BP was a viable option as there were a number of companies who were willing to buy the land, now after all the fuss the local residents put up very few comapnies will even consider it- especially as a number of the same companies have in the meantime bought land and developed it somewhere else.

so you woudnt move because there is to many man u fans?? where do you wanna live there man u fans are everywhere

theres prob more city fans in failsworth

Glad to see racism is alive and kicking again, not only in the ground but on the board too. And all the mods, and regular contributors turn a blind eye?

Ome advatange of all the problems is that the last development of BP, the £80m would have been a disaster (with the debt burden) in the curent economic climate, so we wshould be grateful for small mercies.

Any future development will be a more economically viable one.

Edited by singe

Glad to see racism is alive and kicking again, not only in the ground but on the board too. And all the mods, and regular contributors turn a blind eye?

......because it was all tongue n' cheek, the rest of us saw it how it was meant.