moving ground rumour

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......because it was all tongue n' cheek, the rest of us saw it how it was meant.

Oh I see tongue in cheek, silly me. that makes it OK then. I'll stop being offended instantly. Like I do when I still hear nasty comments at BP

Zero tolerance, its 2009 you buffoon.

If you think racism is such a problem feel free to start a post on the subject and let us all discuss it.

As for trying to provoke a responce to your child like buffoon comment, your trying it on the wrong person !

If you think racism is such a problem feel free to start a post on the subject and let us all discuss it.

As for trying to provoke a responce to your child like buffoon comment, your trying it on the wrong person !

I wasn't looking for a response (as opposed to responce) but I got one anyway by you calling it child like. It's far from child like Mark, views like yours have no place in a civilised society. I don't intend to start a thread, I'll see what the club has to say instead.

Regarding the NHS and private funding, I have some experience in this area theough my job with a number of NHS Trust and will have some with one in the Manchester area in a few months time, but not one in Oldham,

There will be no rescue by the NHS, they are £500million overspent

Proceed with caution, they are a nightmare to deal with and it takes AGES for a decision.

They are lookig to get private money INTO the NHS not the other way round.

The NHS may be overspent but capital budgets tend to kept separate to normal operating costs. If the goverment want something to go ahead, it will (though probably not to budget and probably not to plan).

They are indeed a nightmare to deal with though.

I wasn't looking for a response (as opposed to responce) but I got one anyway by you calling it child like. It's far from child like Mark, views like yours have no place in a civilised society. I don't intend to start a thread, I'll see what the club has to say instead.

what are my views ? Feel free to contact who you feel............... doesn't worry me and calling someone a buffoon is what I usually associate as a name a child would normally call another, hence I said calling me that was child like.

Anyhow back to this move ...... or not to move topic

Is it racist to say that Glodwick is populated by a lot of Asians (or people of Asian origin)?

Is it racist to say Werneth has a high concentration of Bengalis (or of Bengali origin)?

Is it racist to say Royton is predominantly white?

There's no place for racism, but highlighting where an ethnic minority (or ethnic majority) population lives is not racist. Sticking a brick through a window because the owner of a property is the "wrong" colour, or declining the best candidate a job because he/she is the wrong colour is.

If a white, black, brown, pink, yellow or purple bloke robs the local petrol station and the police ask "describe the robber" should I say "well he was 6'2", wore a blue denim jacket but I can't mention his colour because that would prejudice your enquiry"?

Edited by opinions4u

Is it racist to say that Glodwick is populated by a lot of Asians (or people of Asian origin)?

Is it racist to say Werneth has a high concentration of Bengalis (or of Bengali origin)?

Is it racist to say Royton is predominantly white?

There's no place for racism, but highlighting where an ethnic minority (or ethnic majority) population lives is not racist. Sticking a brick through a window because the owner of a property is the "wrong" colour, or declining the best candidate a job because he/she is the wrong colour is.

You have a very strange view of the world. Do you understand context? The comment was racist, have another look, followed by a grin?

You have a very strange view of the world. Do you understand context? The comment was racist, have another look, followed by a grin?

So it was the look on his face that make you interpret things this way?

so you woudnt move because there is to many man u fans?? where do you wanna live there man u fans are everywhere

theres prob more city fans in failsworth

and its full of white people :grin:

There's the context. I'm not prepared to make allegations of anything on the basis of that.

Edited by opinions4u

NHS buying new land- not for another decade minimum. The NHS in and around Greater Manchester already has two huge expanses of land lying empty of services at this moment (they might have already sold the land, I'm not sure). Booth Hall and Pendlebury which were both kept open for 20 years too long for sentimental reasons by the public are still there, have a huge amount of land in them and are both in quite good real estate areas- but it doesn't take much for either of them to be adapted from a children's hosiptal to a different sort of health service provider. The NHS has apparently overspent by £500 million (according to the person on here who knows more about it than I do) this year. Yet, in the next few years despite the phony promises by either political party the NHS will be short £15 billion (that's billion) in real terms as although planned spending (which could well decrease anyway) is going to go up demand is going to go up (reduced socio-economic status is proven to reduce health) and the increase spending (if it does happen) will be short by that much. The NHS cannot afford to be buying land of a football club, and I would be surprised if the NHS goes ahead with anything not already being built (or at least agreed to be built), when the politicans realise the :censored: the NHS is in.

Right now I have established that the NHS is not buying more land from a football club when it has enough already, who is going to buy the current BP site. Can you just imagine the fuss if it is sold to a property developer considering the fuss there was over a project a fraction of the size- no property developer is going to want to get involved with that. Who else is going to buy BP? By the time the NHS (who are comfortably the people most likely to buy the site) has got its act together BP could have finished and we aren't going to sell a ground which we have just spent around £25 million on redeveloping.

10 years ago a move away from BP was a viable option as there were a number of companies who were willing to buy the land, now after all the fuss the local residents put up very few comapnies will even consider it- especially as a number of the same companies have in the meantime bought land and developed it somewhere else.

The NHS are actually operating at a £1.35 billion surplus. The £500m figure touted is the amount of government funding that has been cut from the budget for new hospitals and refurbishments. That said there is still a bit of money flowing about and a few initiatives in the offing. It might be worth saying that the biggest University in Europe happens to be in Manchester City Centre and it is currently trying to make the greater Manchester region a focus for goverment medical research funding. This is in partnership with all the relevant health authorities around greater manchester including the pennine healthcare trust.

Delfer, can you explain something for me, please?

The impression you give in your posts is that because Mark doesn't agree that the post that offended you is racist, that makes him racist?

Is that so?

If it is, I'd juts like to say that I agree with Mark that the original post was not racist. Does that make me racist too?

If it does, would you like to make an arrangement to meet up sometime to see what reaction you might get if you call me a racist to my face?

Delfer, can you explain something for me, please?

The impression you give in your posts is that because Mark doesn't agree that the post that offended you is racist, that makes him racist?

Is that so?

If it is, I'd juts like to say that I agree with Mark that the original post was not racist. Does that make me racist too?

If it does, would you like to make an arrangement to meet up sometime to see what reaction you might get if you call me a racist to my face?

if you read the posts you will realise that it was Mark's reasoning I was questioning, just writing it off as harmless is in my opinion indirectly condoning it. I have no interest whatsoever in meeting up with you so your schoolboy threat is wasted garcon. You really should control that aggression.

Perhaps I misread what you were trying to say. It just seemed that you were falling for the old trap of calling anyone that didn't agree with you a racist - which would be very silly. Anyway, schoolboy threat suitably retracted (must be the sun... :unsure: ).

But I really think you should carefully consider your threat of going to the club ... Alan has better things to do than deal with this sort of nonsense.

The original post was mildly provocative, no more no less, and I'm sure was intended as such (hence the smiley).

Out of genuine interest because it helps put your view (and ours) into context ... and I'm honestly trying to word this so as not to offend ... do you belong to an ethnic minority or are you one of those whites that's so patronising you don't think ethnic minorities can speak up for themselves and hence feels the need to be offended on their behalf?

The NHS are actually operating at a £1.35 billion surplus. The £500m figure touted is the amount of government funding that has been cut from the budget for new hospitals and refurbishments. That said there is still a bit of money flowing about and a few initiatives in the offing. It might be worth saying that the biggest University in Europe happens to be in Manchester City Centre and it is currently trying to make the greater Manchester region a focus for goverment medical research funding. This is in partnership with all the relevant health authorities around greater manchester including the pennine healthcare trust.

The biggest university in Europe might be in Manchester but how many of those are actually studying Medicine (or subjects allied to healthcare). The government has taken 60 years to realise that there are people in the North who are just as capable as doing research allied to medicine as those in Oxbridge and London and is spending money (or more accurately saying it is going to spend money) to win political brownie points as a result. Research is probably more easily done in Booth Hall/Pendlebury than it is in a plot of land currently occupied by a football club. Plus how are the NHS going to pay for this fabulous research when its going to be short £15 billion in the next few years. I'll tell you how its not going to pay for it by double spending at Christies' (this is a very sore point for me but I have held my tongue for ages since I know that someone on here works (or did work) in the finance dept. at christie's)

Woodhouses hasn't been smelly for at least a decade.

How's that? You move out?

Sorry CJ, I couldn't resist.

Even if the NHS isn't in for BP, surely it has excellent potential as a retail site. Maybe Oldham will get that M & S after all? That is, if this horrible, horrible recession ever ends.