What are you watching at this moment?

Ackey

Along the lines of the popular "...listening to right now?" post and also the classic TV post I thought we'd have a "...watching right now?" one too.

I've got Series one of Penn & Teller's Bull :censored: going on my laptop. Bloody good for those with a skeptical outlook or who like to see things such as conspiracy theories debunked in an entertaining way.

sheeiiittee........forget that, i've jus remembered Darts final...vegas classic is on...Barney v Taylor, i'm turning it over..

:lol:

I'm now on to Waterboy on E4, Sandler classic, but no Happy Gilmore!

Granted that I am not watching it right now as I am at work but the best thing I have ever watched is The Wire. I was sick to the back teeth of pretty much everyone I know telling me how good it is so I refused to watch it for ages but how wrong I was. I can't stand most shows on telly, especially dramas but The Wire is by by far the best telly programme ever, the characters are believable, the scripts are out of this world, the plot is quality and the whole thing just knits together so well.

If you haven't seen it then seriously you should, you have to start at the beginning as all 5 series flow along the same plot line. It isn't like most shows where everything is wrapped up in a nice little bow at the end of each episode it is a continuous piece across all 5 series. It is so much more than a typical US cop show where the main guy is a grizzled maverick who doesn't care about those pen pushers up at city hall that I thought it was going to be.

I'm on the last series now and have thoroughly enjoyed it but am also gutted that there are only a few episodes left.

M*A*S*H

I love this show, mostly for Alda.

I grew up watching Mash on a Wednesday night on BBC2 as my parents loved it. I can't watch it these days as they always seem to play the version with the canned laughter which completely ruins it. Black humour doesn't need to be signposted.

Just finished watching "Chaser's War on Everything" on BBC4. It is very funny, very similar to Trigger Happy TV or the 11 o'clock show. The international version is on the Beeb but if you can undertstand the Aussie references its on You tube as well.

Just finished watching "Chaser's War on Everything" on BBC4. It is very funny, very similar to Trigger Happy TV or the 11 o'clock show. The international version is on the Beeb but if you can undertstand the Aussie references its on You tube as well.

I agree.

PAs

:cardinal:

Allow me to catch up on this thread.

I watched Valkyrie, and Frost/Nixon the other night.

Tonight I watched The Mexican - again, and loved it - again...

I don't watch much TV these days, so I'll have to substitute with film.

Allow me to catch up on this thread.

I watched Valkyrie, and Frost/Nixon the other night.

Tonight I watched The Mexican - again, and loved it - again...

I don't watch much TV these days, so I'll have to substitute with film.

I watched Frost/Nixon last week too. What did you think? I really enjoyed it, thought it was entertaining, but nowhere near as serious as I was expecting.

I saw Mississippi Burning last night for the first time. I know it copped for a bit of criticism back in the day, but it's an awesomely powerful film and a raw reflection on open racism that dogged the United States, partiuclarly in the deep South during the last century.

And any film that contains Gene Hackman, Willem Dafoe AND Frances McDormand isn't going to be a bad 'un.

I watched Frost/Nixon last week too. What did you think? I really enjoyed it, thought it was entertaining, but nowhere near as serious as I was expecting.

I liked it a lot to be honest, I though the potrayal of the principle characters was top notch - especially Langella (?) as Nixon, superb. I'm not sure about Michael Sheen, I've only really noticed him due to this and The Damned United - can't say I remember him in Kingdom of Heaven, or the Underworld series, but to be honest that's understandable given the films in question. It does look like he might have some interesting projects in the pipeline - Alice in Wonderland and Bond #23 whatever it may be called as Blofeld..."You only live twice, Mr. Bond..."

I saw Mississippi Burning last night for the first time. I know it copped for a bit of criticism back in the day, but it's an awesomely powerful film and a raw reflection on open racism that dogged the United States, partiuclarly in the deep South during the last century.

And any film that contains Gene Hackman, Willem Dafoe AND Frances McDormand isn't going to be a bad 'un.

I saw it years ago and you're right on the money, it's a powerful piece.

I like Gene Hackman a lot, he could do a jig with a big red nose and a green wig on for 90 minutes, I'd buy the DVD...

• 3 weeks later...

Watched 'Let the right one in'. The best film I have seen for years. I would guess since Memento. Years.

I try and explain. It's a Swedish vampire movie, but people for some reason don't want to know.

Whatever. Still, best film for years. I honestly can't think of a better foreign film. Downfall. No. M. No. Amores Peros. mmm. Close, but no. It really is that good.