Trying to find directions to The Shay for tonight but the postcode (HX1 2YS) isn’t recognised by AA routeplanner (or the RAC one) and there is no street name in the address which hinders my usual preferred tool of navigation, a map!

I’m guessing some on here have been before? If I get myself to the town centre is it easy enough to find? I imagine that could be the case with it being HX1…? I'll be going through Rishworth...

Incidentally, according to Wikipedia, Halifax are underway with a new 8000+ seater East Stand which will take their capacity up to 15000! :ranting:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably easier to explain if you stay on the M62 and get off at J24. Beware speed cameras down the hill from the motorway in to Halifax.

Follow signs to Halifax and you'll come to a set of traffic lights where the right fork is signposted "The Shay". And there it is on the left.

No idea where you park though, but I'd be sure you could find somewhere free within a few hundred yards.

Diego did post more exciting info like pubs etc, but I can't find them.

Edited by opinions4u

Trying to find directions to The Shay for tonight but the postcode (HX1 2YS) isn’t recognised by AA routeplanner (or the RAC one) and there is no street name in the address which hinders my usual preferred tool of navigation, a map!

I’m guessing some on here have been before? If I get myself to the town centre is it easy enough to find? I imagine that could be the case with it being HX1…? I'll be going through Rishworth...

Incidentally, according to Wikipedia, Halifax are underway with a new 8000+ seater East Stand which will take their capacity up to 15000! :ranting:

Try google maps. if you put in the shay, halifax it will find it and use the route planner on there

Halifax Town website says goal by O'Grady

My laptop's still being uncooperative, but Carl's got it open for everyone, the link in my post or at the top of the page will get you there.

Currently 1-1 according to someone in the Chat.

Not really bothered about the trialists, more bothered that so called 1st teamers cant string 2 passes together!

That was awful, and no matter how much you say, it was friendly etc.. that was poor!

I didn't get to Hyde so don't know faces but, Haining played tonight, There was a big fella at CB who according to chris taylor (sat next to me all night, not the most talkative) came from America, Another CB, longish hair and a couple more unknown faces

Have patience, the bison will tell us all about them tomorrow.

As long as Penney gets the balace right for the start of the season i really couldnt give a toss for the results of the friendlys , we need to look at fresh players and build up fitness and that is more important than the result at this stage, i suspect the only friendly where we will be taking it serious will be against Scumpool with it being so close to the season starting.