Official Statement about Ground move at 12:01 am

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the significance of it being at this time? Very odd but at least things will be clearer.

Club said it would be on Wednesday. release at this time means it is and can be reported straightaway. Standard media practice.

What's the significance of it being at this time? Very odd but at least things will be clearer.

I guess that the plan was always Wednesday but given that OMBC (and BAE?) are involved, then perhaps a common time is required. Sooner than later as specualtion is growing.

I think it said on the official site that an embargo on reporting the details of Friday's meeting was in place until Wednesday. The club are thus releasing the statement as soon as Wednesday starts The rarely wrong Chron appeared to break this agreement with their antics last week. Why does the Chron seem so anti Latics?

Considering the previous negative press and with the embargo being on the media to publish in Wednesday morning papers, by releasing at 12.01am, I guess its so it will be claimed official before any false and negative press can be implicated.

Additionally, perhaps a contractual agreement with them and some of the other parties involved in a potential new ground, saying details can't be released as public until Weds, thus doing it at the earliest possible opportunity at 12.01am.

Also for an F5 bashing moment :wink:

Edited by ste1987

Considering the previous negative press and with the embargo being on the media to publish in Wednesday morning papers, by releasing at 12.01am, I guess its so it will be claimed official before any false and negative press can be implicated.

Additionally, perhaps a contractual agreement with them and some of the other parties involved in a potential new ground, saying details can't be released as public until Weds, thus doing it at the earliest possible opportunity at 12.01am.

That makes sense.

I think it said on the official site that an embargo on reporting the details of Friday's meeting was in place until Wednesday. The club are thus releasing the statement as soon as Wednesday starts The rarely wrong Chron appeared to break this agreement with their antics last week. Why does the Chron seem so anti Latics?

For the same reason that most of Oldham is, to one degree or another, anti-Latics. Deep down they'd love for the club to be successful and put Oldham on the map, but the Oldham inferiority complex induces a perverse glee when things go wrong, and the need to justify why things have to be this way.

Rubbish. It's clearly something that requires the full extent of Alan's infernal powers, he is strongest around midnight.

See you all here beside your PCs with a pile of empties then :wink:

Rubbish. It's clearly something that requires the full extent of Alan's infernal powers, he is strongest around midnight.

See you all here beside your PCs with a pile of empties then :wink:

I take it the Bat Light will be switched off for an hour or two then? :wink:

Club said it would be on Wednesday. release at this time means it is and can be reported straightaway. Standard media practice.

Backing up Pete, standard practice. this is wiki on the embargo for those that were wondering on the time

Embargo

If you look at any PRess Statement, it always says who to contact and also embargoed time.

eg

random press statemtent

Example of press statement

Backing up Pete, standard practice. this is wiki on the embargo for those that were wondering on the time

Embargo

If you look at any PRess Statement, it always says who to contact and also embargoed time.

eg

random press statemtent

Example of press statement

Dare I say that anyone wishing to report it in the morning can do so before the Chron go to press at lunchtime? :wink:

Dare I say that anyone wishing to report it in the morning can do so before the Chron go to press at lunchtime? :wink:

Pure conincidence, I am sure, that all the internet etc will have it so that the news is old news by the time the chron comes out.... <_<

Edited by singe

Pure conincidence, I am sure, that all the internet etc will have it so that the news is old news by the time the chron comes out.... <_<

Yeah, but 95% of the Chron's readership still think that them there t'internet is some sort of heeby-jeeby dark magic... to be confined to the realms of wonder along with digital watches, moving picture boxes, and plastic money....

...trust me, a lot of people will only find out from the chron... my parents for one...*

*well they wont, i'll have rung them and told them before... but the principle remains...

hmmmmm I wonder who knew about this around 3 weeks ago before all you lot

you are right tindall you knew and you managed to annoy the hell out of every single latics fan so much with your "i know something you dont know" that no one really cares what you say anymore

you may well know before us, you may know exact details that arent released to public,

but unless you share info your no more use than getting information off a coathangar

im sorry no offence but ive had enough of feeding your ego now

back to topic...

I think there was probably an agreement stating that no info may be released until after midnight on 21 july, and to avoid the chron reporting one side of the story they are releasing a statement because the chronicle are too busy to pick up a phone and ask the club for their views and there position