NFL 2009

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cos you said so, I will.

Cowboys will win the Superbowl this year.

You should. You support the New England Patriots FFS. The most successful team in the NFL in the past decade. 7 Playoff appearances, 4 Superbowl appearances, 3 Superbowl wins in the past 10 years. If you want sympathy because Latics are crap, then fair enough, don't we all. But if you really think the New England Patriots have "let you down" then you need to have a word with yourself...maybe take a step back and consider how lucky you are to have picked one of the more successful teams to support.

Good Night cheating Pat scum :grin::lol:

Love the moaning from Mike :D United fan syndrome kicking in ?

Erm. No. Started supporting them in 1985. So thats 16 years of garbage before a Superbowl win. And you don't think Tom Brady would be the first to admit he let everyone down?

Least we made the playoffs though. That's something I suppose.

Edited by OAFCMIKE

Erm. No. Started supporting them in 1985. So thats 16 years of garbage before a Superbowl. And you don't think Tom Brady would be the first to admit he let everyone down?

Least we made the playoffs though. That's something I suppose.

You do realise there was something like a 25 year gap between United successful periods ?

Nonsense. The difference between making the playoffs and not doing can cost some coaches their jobs. For most teams, making the playoffs is the benchmark of a successful season.

So do you think you have had a successful season? It wasn't lomg ago you were moaning that they let you down.

Personally, for the Giants, solely making the playoffs isn't a success. You have to do something once you are there. When we won the Superbowl, if we did not win a playoff game that season, Coughlin would have got fired. Getting there is not success, doing something is what matters. I'm pissed off we didn't make it, bit if we did and then lost in the first round, we might as well just not make it and get a better pick.

For some teams, getting there is success enough (Jets, Bengals), but for a lot of teams, just making it is nothing unless you do something.

So do you think you have had a successful season? It wasn't lomg ago you were moaning that they let you down.

Personally, for the Giants, solely making the playoffs isn't a success. You have to do something once you are there. When we won the Superbowl, if we did not win a playoff game that season, Coughlin would have got fired. Getting there is not success, doing something is what matters. I'm pissed off we didn't make it, bit if we did and then lost in the first round, we might as well just not make it and get a better pick.

For some teams, getting there is success enough (Jets, Bengals), but for a lot of teams, just making it is nothing unless you do something.

+1 Giant fans would consider making the Super Bowl a success aka winning the Division...

+1 Giant fans would consider making the Super Bowl a success aka winning the Division...

I'd say a successful season is making the playoffs and winning a game. Once you go deep into the playoffs, anything can happen (as we shown). But losing your first game is no success at all (for us that is.)

We've not had a successful season no. It's been horrible. In each game it seemed like they were battling against the inevitable. And I would class the Patriots as one of those teams who expect more. But, for the majority of franchises, what they have had would constitute a good season because making the playoffs remains important.

Speaking of the Jets - if they don't do it this season they are in for a good few years.

Don't get me wrong. I've been lucky with the success the Pats have had. Very lucky. But fcuk yes I feel let down tonight. That performance in the first quarter was nothing short of shambolic. One of the worst in playoff history.