NFL 2009

Ya don't need a supposedly limited offence- it wasn't they had some good players- when you know what the other teams' offence are doing. Take Brady out of the picture the Pats do well (not great but still fairly OK), take Manning or some other QBs out of the picture that team struggles- that is a sign of a good QB compared to a good team.

The Patriots didn't make the playoffs last season without Brady.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Manning is the better off the two. I know Brady has had some superb moments and has won 3 superbowls to Mannings 1 but NE were pretty much an all round great team whereas Indy have always had holes in one posistion or another.

I also believe that the Colts will go onto win the superbowl against the Vikings who look class under Farve who now just manages the game rather than going down the field all the time like when he was at Green Bay.

NFC East is like battle of the :censored:ing losers this year...

Giants... Offence we are surprisingly good, thanks mostly to Eli hitting the money every single time pretty much... Its amazing to see the numbers Eli has put up with his young and weakened receiver pack... But our defence is nothing like I have ever seen in a blue shirt... Its unacceptable and Sheridan wont be here next season unless we some how come alive...

Eagles... I cant make these guys out... Very similar to the Giants... Lousy defence... These guys will win the division but I do not think there is much there...

Cowboys... They just refuse to play in December... Missing quality from too many positions...

Washington... Just plain :censored:e... Although they can have a big say in the coming weeks... They have two massive games coming up which they will be fired up for to get some pride back...

If any of this lots get anywhere near the super bowl then something has gone wrong...

NFC East is like battle of the :censored:ing losers this year...

Giants... Offence we are surprisingly good, thanks mostly to Eli hitting the money every single time pretty much... Its amazing to see the numbers Eli has put up with his young and weakened receiver pack... But our defence is nothing like I have ever seen in a blue shirt... Its unacceptable and Sheridan wont be here next season unless we some how come alive...

Eagles... I cant make these guys out... Very similar to the Giants... Lousy defence... These guys will win the division but I do not think there is much there...

Cowboys... They just refuse to play in December... Missing quality from too many positions...

Washington... Just plain :censored:e... Although they can have a big say in the coming weeks... They have two massive games coming up which they will be fired up for to get some pride back...

If any of this lots get anywhere near the super bowl then something has gone wrong...

To be fair, our D has had some pretty big injuries. Kenny Phillips has been a huge loss. And AP not playing is a big loss too. The players replacing them just aren't up to scratch. It still not good enough though.

It still in our hands though. Win our next 3, and we will make the playoffs, I am very sure of that (cos Dallas will cock it up).

Eagles are a decent side offensively. They will always put points on the board. They will mess up in the playoffs though, they always do.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Washington! They really aren't as bad as they seem....they just contrive to f**k it up all the time (like they did against the Saints last week).

I was watching Colts and Saints games last night, flicking between the two. I haven't looked who the Saints have got remaining, but if they have 3 poor/average teams left to play, they won't go undefeated. They seem to keep scraping the games against the poor teams which will catch up with them. Having said that, they turn it on against the good sides, so hopefully for them they got 3 good teams.

The Colts will go undefeated if they decide to go for it. Not sure if they will rest players in the last couple of games though.

NFC pretty much decided now (bar the Eagles or the Vikes, and Giants or the Cowboys).

AFC (lower parts) completely up in the air. Hopefully the schedule will be all AFC (including CH5).

Anyway, college fans, it's bowl time now, which has already thrown a couple of corkers in there already. Hopefully it'll continue, although I'd rather have seen a Florida v Alabama matchup on neutral turf for the championship - but that's how it crumbles I suppose.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I think you are being a bit harsh on Washington! They really aren't as bad as they seem....they just contrive to f**k it up all the time (like they did against the Saints last week).

I take it back! That was as convincing a divisional win as I have seen for a long time. Defence stepped up, and Manning was superb. Hopefully this is us getting back on track. I think if we win the last 2 we will get in the playoffs, as I can see Dallas and/or Green Bay losing one, and we have the tie=breaker with both teams in our favour.

I take it back! That was as convincing a divisional win as I have seen for a long time. Defence stepped up, and Manning was superb. Hopefully this is us getting back on track. I think if we win the last 2 we will get in the playoffs, as I can see Dallas and/or Green Bay losing one, and we have the tie=breaker with both teams in our favour.

Oh, it's 'we're all Arizona fans' time again is it? :grin:

Anyway, college fans, it's bowl time now, which has already thrown a couple of corkers in there already. Hopefully it'll continue, although I'd rather have seen a Florida v Alabama matchup on neutral turf for the championship - but that's how it crumbles I suppose.

I think I'm going to watch the Ducks-Buckeyes game. Some nice relaxing New Year's Day viewing.

I think I'm going to watch the Ducks-Buckeyes game. Some nice relaxing New Year's Day viewing.

Try and get all the bowl games covered myself. If the Sky+ can take it.

Other than Penn State I tend to keep track of players I have liked this season so far:

Terrence Cody (Alabama) 7th: A shoe in to the NFL this year. Awesome, but has weight problems.

Damion Fletcher (Southern Mississippi) Lost in bowl: More yards than LT over his college. To me, a bit of everything a RB needs, but nothing spectacular in anything. Having seen probably a decent 2nd round draft.

Dion Lewis (Pittsburgh) 26th: Freshman, Barry Sanders all over again. He can just run at 20mph in one direction and stop dead and turn in another direction. I think, the most exciting talent I see in the collegic system at the moment. I may be getting a bit giddy though.

Jeremiah Masoli (Oregon) 1st: QB. The type NFL teams are after. Only seen a slight amount, but impressed in the game I saw him. Want to see more.

Our defence is disgusting... Major changes now needed...
Our defense is like the Liverpool team.  You take a couple of players out and no one else steps up. We have massively missed Thomas and Pierce, and no one has filled the void, no one has even attempted to. Its really disappointing. Edited by dave_ragg1984