NFL 2009

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to think what this makes the Cardinals. Norwich?

Although we've got to do the crashing and burning bit just yet.

Cards- Fulham- on a good spell but not really an established top ranked team. I'm more worried what this makes the 49ers as I think it might make them Leeds.

Cards- Fulham- on a good spell but not really an established top ranked team. I'm more worried what this makes the 49ers as I think it might make them Leeds.

This weekend - Saints and Colts to win.

Both clearly learned from NE's cock up in 07 and the rest seems to have served them well.

If that comes off it could result in one of the most entertaining Superbowls we've seen in a long time.

This weekend - Saints and Colts to win.

Both clearly learned from NE's cock up in 07 and the rest seems to have served them well.

If that comes off it could result in one of the most entertaining Superbowls we've seen in a long time.

TBH provided the Colts are there, either the Saints or the Vikings (and my money would be more on the Vikings) will make a very good superbowl as all 3 are high scoring teams where defense is not their strongest asset.

Colts vs Saints is what I am hoping for... Would be a cracker...

Nah, Jets v Saints would be a corker. Two completely opposite teams. Can defense (sic) win the game in the modern era of not being allowed to hit QB's and WR's? I don't think either team will make it, but it would be an interesting spectacle (and I'm sick of points at the moment).

J-E-T-S! JETS JETS JETS! Come on lads...

Even when taking that early lead you thought that the Colts would come back. They do look a fairly accomplished outfit, and I'd be surprised if they didn't win it from here.

The second game was a bit better. Vikings fans must be banging their heads against the nearest wall. What was Childress doing with his play calling at the end? He needed to keep going for yards, I mean it was a long fieldgoal to win anyway, that's before you throw in the penalty - which granted he can't legislate for. But, that's another thing, 12 men in the huddle? On your own time out? Idiots.

Then there's Brett. Oh dear. All he had to do was run five yards and slide and they'd have had a shot. Instead, oh I know, I'll break every rule in the 'American Football for Idiots' handbook. What a bell end.

And then there was the last drive. Hmm. Pass interference? Nope. A catch? Nope? Why officiate a game so well and then proceed to throw it god only knows (and one of these was a booth replay).

So other than the headcoach, quarterback, the twelveth man and a bitter taste in the mouth - a very successful day for the Vikes.

Even when taking that early lead you thought that the Colts would come back. They do look a fairly accomplished outfit, and I'd be surprised if they didn't win it from here.

The second game was a bit better. Vikings fans must be banging their heads against the nearest wall. What was Childress doing with his play calling at the end? He needed to keep going for yards, I mean it was a long fieldgoal to win anyway, that's before you throw in the penalty - which granted he can't legislate for. But, that's another thing, 12 men in the huddle? On your own time out? Idiots.

Then there's Brett. Oh dear. All he had to do was run five yards and slide and they'd have had a shot. Instead, oh I know, I'll break every rule in the 'American Football for Idiots' handbook. What a bell end.

And then there was the last drive. Hmm. Pass interference? Nope. A catch? Nope? Why officiate a game so well and then proceed to throw it god only knows (and one of these was a booth replay).

So other than the headcoach, quarterback, the twelveth man and a bitter taste in the mouth - a very successful day for the Vikes.

This should be a great Superbowl.

Finally got to watch the games...

So happy for the NO... Considering everything they had to go through over recent years with the hurricane its nice for the city to get something to enjoy...

Really happy the Colts beat the Jets :grin:

Colts going to win the SB I feel... Roll on the SB :D

it should be a great SB with these 2. I thought the Vikings would win as they probably have the stronger overall team but you can't really say NO don't deserve it.

I can't see past the Colts though as they are just too good. they have probably the greatest QB of all time or will be by the time he retires, 3 top WR and a top tightend in clark, and there defence isn't too shabby either. I would say they are better than the 18-1 Patriots from a couple of years ago and will win this easier than most will think.

it should be a great SB with these 2. I thought the Vikings would win as they probably have the stronger overall team but you can't really say NO don't deserve it.

I can't see past the Colts though as they are just too good. they have probably the greatest QB of all time or will be by the time he retires, 3 top WR and a top tightend in clark, and there defence isn't too shabby either. I would say they are better than the 18-1 Patriots from a couple of years ago and will win this easier than most will think.

Steady on!!

To be fair, they are looking superb. And as much as though I dislike him, you have to take your hat off to Manning. He just keeps getting it done. Fair play.

Still like the Saints to win it though. A fairytale really if that comes off.

Next season - get your money on Cleveland Browns. You heard it here!!

Kurt Warner has announced his retirement. Don't know what that means for the Cards, probably back to normal for them as of next year.

Warner is a legend. One of the best. It will be a shame that he isn't playing next season....I guess he has earned the rest though!

Agree. I cant see Matt Leinhart being anywhere near as good so i think they could be in trouble if they don't draft a QB who can instantly start.

Agree. I cant see Matt Leinhart being anywhere near as good so i think they could be in trouble if they don't draft a QB who can instantly start.

I doubt the Cards will go for a draft choice- any good QB is going to be gone by the time their first pick comes round (probably about 26/27th overall). However, if I was a free agent, or available, would I fancy going to a team with some of the best wide receivers in the NFL (including the best IMHO), with a good attacking policy and as much as it pains me to say it an almost guaranteed play-off spot- yes I would. That's before you factor in the decent climate (I know quite a few Baseball players have homes in Arizona so think a few footballers might too) and possible tax breaks.

I doubt the Cards will go for a draft choice- any good QB is going to be gone by the time their first pick comes round (probably about 26/27th overall). However, if I was a free agent, or available, would I fancy going to a team with some of the best wide receivers in the NFL (including the best IMHO), with a good attacking policy and as much as it pains me to say it an almost guaranteed play-off spot- yes I would. That's before you factor in the decent climate (I know quite a few Baseball players have homes in Arizona so think a few footballers might too) and possible tax breaks.

Is there any one who is good enough though who will come up in free agency? I don't think there is so unless they move up the draft of trade for one then they could be in a bit of trouble next season.

Is there any one who is good enough though who will come up in free agency? I don't think there is so unless they move up the draft of trade for one then they could be in a bit of trouble next season.

Might be worth seeing if they can talk Tim Tebow out of college at Florida..