NFL 2009

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness for that!!!

Being dyeing to talk about the game... WE SUCKED!!! Offence, defence, special teams all sucked...

A tad worried...

You could have talked about it....I deliberately avoided this thread for the past two days!

I thought defensively we weren't terrible (just not that good!). They have a great passing game, and are always going to score points, but I was really annoyed with us offensively. I think thos WR problems that everyone spoke about in pre-season are there. We had some good early games against poor opposition, but now we are up against the real teams and they realise they only need to single cover our WR's, and its affecting the running game. Smith is good, but he is only really a possession receiver. Manningham keeps making simple mistakes, and its meaning we are lacking a genuine deep threat.

Cardinals played well though, can't take too much credit away from them! They had that blitz working all night.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

You could have talked about it....I deliberately avoided this thread for the past two days!

I thought defensively we weren't terrible (just not that good!). They have a great passing game, and are always going to score points, but I was really annoyed with us offensively. I think thos WR problems that everyone spoke about in pre-season are there. We had some good early games against poor opposition, but now we are up against the real teams and they realise they only need to single cover our WR's, and its affecting the running game. Smith is good, but he is only really a possession receiver. Manningham keeps making simple mistakes, and its meaning we are lacking a genuine deep threat.

Cardinals played well though, can't take too much credit away from them! They had that blitz working all night.

WR is a major issue...

I am struggling to think of a worse performances than this so far... This is a disaster...

Sheridan's position has to come under question... So much talent and such poor performances...

Eli has sucked big time all day as well... Jacobs as bad as he has been all season...

Its just like watching Latics :angry:

Wow. Steven Jackson's just run 42 yards in two plays to put the Rams a TD in front with 1:38 on the clock.

If you think watching the Giants is like watching Latics, you wanna spend a few weeks in my shoes :lol:

Our coach just gave the hurry up signal one and half quarters too late :ranting:

We are just wrong all over the field :( Even when we have scored its been scruffy or the result of the Eagles not concentrating due to being so far ahead. We have got worse over the last three games while facing slightly weakening sides each week. Coaching and play calling is seriously questionable at the moment... Out coached all day today...

Edited by oafc0000

The Giants come up against another decent team..

Cowboys looking good for the East.

And another one on Sunday.

It looks like, on Sunday, Phil Rivers will have one of the easiest games of his life. All he has to do is check which receiver CC Brown is covering and send him on a deep route.

Our defense looks so poor at the moment, even if the offence clicks and scores 30-35 points, we will still lose by 10.

Whodat!

09000d5d813e9698_gallery_600.jpg

Black and gold baby, black and gold....

The Saints look awesome. But there's always one team that stands out during the regular season and then falls short in the playoffs (a la New England 2007) so I'd be wary about that.

I can't understand what's going on with the Giants. It's a strange one.

Still, lots of football to be played..

What the hell happened to that Alabama fan?

I need to know more of Terrence Cody. He looks absolutely awesome.

Barring any teams desperate for a QB, he'd be my first pick every day of the week next year. Which, let's face it for a Nose Tackle isn't that common. But he looks on first glance potentially very, very good.

(In other words I like him)

Edited by OldhamSheridan

8-0 for the first time in Saints history - rallied to win again. First half was jittery as hell, but Brees got back on form in the 2nd. Pierre Thomas is looking good this year.

I'm enjoying it while it lasts, I see disaster over the horizon.

st-saints-panthers-817jpg-cba34decd04a16

It was a better performance... It could not of got much worse though... Defence could not stand firm when required... I think that's it for our season now...

Defense shouldn't have been required.

You cant take holding penalties on the 4 yard line.

But even so, 1st and goal from the 14, a TD wins the game. A FG gives your opponent 2 minutes to drive for a winning TD....and we didn't take one shot at the endzone. Not one. Shocking. We pay a QB more money than any other QB in the league, and the OC doesn't think of calling at least one shot at the endzone to win the game. When he called that run play on 3rd down, you could see how pissed off Coughlin was with him. Give Eli the ball and let him win you the game. Plus, Eli had a great game last night...but the OC doesn't trust him enough to win the game for us. You have to wonder, how much of our red zone problems are down to Kevin Gilbrides dodgy playcalling.