NFL 2009

He came of age tonight. His defence needed to put their hands up and didn't.

He has been doing similar things for a while... Tonight was nothing "new"...

But just like Tony Romo fails to do (maybe not this year?), you have to come up big at the playoffs to get that ring...

I think he will get there but you come of age when you do it... and you don't fumble in OT...

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup... Thought it deserved a better ending though...

I didn't. :grin: I thought the irony of the bloke the Packers had picked on all night winning the game was fantastic.

Both Green Bay or the Cards were/are going to win nothing this year with those defenses. Although Clay Matthews seems to have taken to the NFL like a duck to water.

I was just thinking to myself as the Cards were driving towards the end zone 17-0 up. Yes, there's been some good results (NE v BAL), but these playoffs have started a little bit boring. As I went to bed a jibbering wreck I had changed my mind.

One team fumbling and throwing the cliff hanger a way... Nah... Would rather someone win it properly...

Well someone had to win it, and it was certainly a better ending than someone driving up the field through crappy defensive plays for the 75th time that game.

In the end, the Cardinals had no choice but to throw the blitz every time as they were getting walked through. Also, let's face it, the play before Green Bay could and should have won the game.

Why do I get the feeling the New Orleans game next week isn't going to be 6-3?

Divisional Picks

Jets

Colts

Vikes

Cards

Yep, I haven't picked the Saints - we're out of shape, one loss before the post season is acceptable in a clearing out the cobwebs sort of way - three on the bounce with the same mistakes being made? Back to normal. Ah well...

But just like Tony Romo fails to do (maybe not this year?), you have to come up big at the playoffs to get that ring...

I think he will get there but you come of age when you do it... and you don't fumble in OT...

If leading your team to 45 points on the road in the playoffs isn't coming up big I don't know what is.

If leading your team to 45 points on the road in the playoffs isn't coming up big I don't know what is.

A better ending? That was freakin' great! In a game where defense just had not turned up, I was well shocked that they forced a fumble and returned it for a TD. What a truly amazing game.

I'm with Dave - that was a far more fitting end to the best game (entertainment, not skill) I've ever watched, especially compared to the usual OT dross of walking it down the field for a boring field goal attempt!!

Nope, its definitely the Cowboys. Fans all over the country, self promoted as Americas team/biggest club...the parallels with United are all there. The Patriots on the other hand, with their recent success and the cheating, would probably be Chelsea.

And the Giants would be? Spurs? Everton?

A mix of both I would guess... the no frills hard working style of Everton, occasional flashes of brilliance like Spurs....and historically more successful than Chelsea/New England.

I'm trying to think what this makes the Cardinals. Norwich?

Although we've got to do the crashing and burning bit just yet.

Edited by OldhamSheridan