NFL 2009

Defense shouldn't have been required.

You cant take holding penalties on the 4 yard line.

But even so, 1st and goal from the 14, a TD wins the game. A FG gives your opponent 2 minutes to drive for a winning TD....and we didn't take one shot at the endzone. Not one. Shocking. We pay a QB more money than any other QB in the league, and the OC doesn't think of calling at least one shot at the endzone to win the game. When he called that run play on 3rd down, you could see how pissed off Coughlin was with him. Give Eli the ball and let him win you the game. Plus, Eli had a great game last night...but the OC doesn't trust him enough to win the game for us. You have to wonder, how much of our red zone problems are down to Kevin Gilbrides dodgy playcalling.

Agree with most of your post above... Both defence and offence play calling has been poor... Even during thee five game winning streak...

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nawlins win again but to be honest I wish they would hurry up and lose. Colston is proper off the boil, they just look jittery about the whole thing.

It feels and looks like they are under so much pressure because the whole NFL world is watching their every move. They'll crack sooner rather than later...

Who dat!

That is possibly the worst call I've ever seen. I'm stunned by it. A game thrown away.

He, he, he.

I've only just read about what happened.

Oh my god. As if you would even risk giving Peyton Manning such a 29 yard field when he only needs one TD to beat you. It's Peyton Manning. He is maybe the best ever. What an idiot! :D

I've only just read about what happened.

Oh my god. As if you would even risk giving Peyton Manning such a 29 yard field when he only needs one TD to beat you. It's Peyton Manning. He is maybe the best ever. What an idiot! :D

I wasn't sure if I'd taken mindbending chemicals when that was happening.

To be fair to New England, if (IF) they can play like the opening half consistently they will be the team to beat this year. I was very impressed, before hilariously amused.

That is possibly the worst call I've ever seen. I'm stunned by it. A game thrown away.

He, he, he.

The thing about that call is he knew that if he got the first down he had the game won- own 40 I could understand it but own 29 not smart. Just goes to show that he ain't that good a coach when he hasn't been cheating

The thing about that call is he knew that if he got the first down he had the game won- own 40 I could understand it but own 29 not smart. Just goes to show that he ain't that good a coach when he hasn't been cheating

Nonsense. A few more inches and he would have been hailed for his genius. It just didn't come off, that was all. As a Patriots fan I applaud him for it. Manning has launched last minute length-of-field drives to break our hearts many times in the past so he was right to do it. Taking the positives it's reassured me that this teaam is not far off. This could be a good year.

I can't believe people are still banging the 'cheating' drum. He wasn't cheating when they broke multiple records and he took them to a Superbowl they should have won.

Edited by OAFCMIKE

Nonsense. A few more inches and he would have been hailed for his genius. It just didn't come off, that was all. As a Patriots fan I applaud him for it. Manning has launched last minute length-of-field drives to break our hearts many times in the past so he was right to do it. Taking the positives it's reassured me that this teaam is not far off. This could be a good year.

I can't believe people are still banging the 'cheating' drum. He wasn't cheating when they broke multiple records and he took them to a Superbowl they should have won.

Which superbowl was that- the Giants one? Didn't he get caught cheating during that year but was found to have been cheating for ages prior? TBH coaches don't win games- the players do. Coaches can loose them though.

Which superbowl was that- the Giants one? Didn't he get caught cheating during that year but was found to have been cheating for ages prior? TBH coaches don't win games- the players do. Coaches can loose them though.

It came to light in the very early part of that season I think. My only worry with that call is whether it indicated a lack of confidence in the defence.

That apart, how many times are they showing the Dallas fecking Cowboys on Sky?!!

It came to light in the very early part of that season I think. My only worry with that call is whether it indicated a lack of confidence in the defence.

That apart, how many times are they showing the Dallas fecking Cowboys on Sky?!!

Big game next Sun. Patriots at Saints. And it's not on Sky. Great.

Big game next Sun. Patriots at Saints. And it's not on Sky. Great.

Is it the Monday night game?

I think we'll come unstuck next week. We'll never win a shoot-out with one of the best D's in the league. Yeah we've started to mix it up - we're rushing a lot more and not relying on Brees all the time to move the chains, but we've still got a jittery defence. Better than last year though, much better. We'll have to wait and see.

I think the Vikings will win the Superbowl this year.

I have an annoying voice in my head* saying that New England may well come good at the right time. They obviously have the ability (amongst a few other teams). Being honest, I wouldn't have put the Vikings as one of them. Then again I wouldn't have put the Cards within a million miles of being one of them last season.

*I believe it isn't my conscience on this occasion.

I love the Bungles. Second NFL team.

I don't know if I have a Second team, but I have teams I hate less than others.

San Diego, Indy, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Green Bay are standable.

I'd stick Washington in there too (as my favourite player ever is for some reason Gary Clark), if it wasn't for the adulation that Doug Williams got.

I love the Bungles. Second NFL team.

I wouldn't quite say they are my second team, but I think Chad Ochocinco is ace...follow him on Twitter, bought his iPhone app. The guy is a proper character. And I really like Carson Palmer too. If anyone gets the chance to, check out "Hard Knocks". Its a show they do every year about a teams training camp, this year it was about the Bengals. Was a really top show.